• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata |OT| "I wouldn't expect too much from this game if I were you."

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I'm confused, doesn't Horizon release before this?
Why do we have an OT already

Kyuur

Aren't these threads usually called Import OTs and the actual OT goes up when the title is released for the rest of the world?

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Aren't these threads usually called Import OTs and the actual OT goes up when the title is released for the rest of the world?

OP already had talked with the person who had initially offered to do the OT. So things have been cleared in the OT thread.

Sides this is one of those rare occasions where a JP release will most likely be having full English localization options available if the JP demo was anything to go by.

The mods usually will come in and change things with the title if there is a real issue with it. Or a problem with the claims etc.

Satch

Banned
not sure if this is what you wanted

neogafhelp34q15.png

yes ! thank you

Hektor

Import OT's usually feature games without english language liek Persona 5, do they not? I genuinly don't know about the exact rules for that.

If you do have an issue with it being called OT rather than import OT, take it up to a mod and ask him what this shoud be called

Not like it would make a difference for us

12BoM

Ok, which one of y'all gonna hook us up with the OST when this drops? It's the one thing I'm gonna allow myself to listen to (at least part of it) before release

This has already been 100% cleared with mods & the OT thread.

The title is 99.9% likely to release with full English support, and is close enough to the NA release that an Import OT would be redundant. (Persona 5 had a 6 month gap, so its import thread made more sense.)

It was decided to post the OT on the JP release date as a result.

I really want to play original Nier. Problem is I don't own an xbox and ps3 prices of this game are a joke.

Could I buy the 360 version and try that 360 emulator?

Hektor

I really want to play original Nier. Problem is I don't own an xbox and ps3 copies of this game are a joke.

Could I buy the 360 version and try that 360 emulator?

I don't think Xenia is anywhere close to running games properly yet.

Looks like PS3 is your only choice.

Parakeetman

BTW OP granted it wont matter after the 23rd in the Product Info section did you want to add in the info about the 6GB day 1 patch?

FinKL

Game wasn't on my radar until now, that E3 boss battle looked super fun to play.

Is there a PC demo? Also I thought the PC release date was March 10th? Did my eyes deceive me

Parakeetman

Game wasn't on my radar until now, that E3 boss battle looked super fun to play.

Is there a PC demo? Also I thought the PC release date was March 10th? Did my eyes deceive me

Dont think we have an official PC release date yet. That and no PC demo either, just the PS4 one.

OP has that info in the OT.

BTW OP granted it wont matter after the 23rd in the Product Info section did you want to add in the info about the 6GB day 1 patch?

Will do.

No PC Demo, but the 'leaked' PC Release Date does seem to be March 10th - it just seems like Square Enix isn't too keen on revealing it.

DKF590

Just picked a 500HKD card from play-asia. There was no way I was gunna be patient enough to wait 2 weeks.

Bummer that there's no preload on the HK PSN though. 50 gigs is gunna take forever to download at PSN speeds.

Parakeetman

I understand there will be English subs but are the menus in English?

As mentioned before if the JP demo was anything to go by the full game should have English text options available also.

Wow, the thread subtitle makes me afraid of this game's goodness.

Taken from the OT

Basically that statement literally came from the creator of the game lol.

Don't care about the game, just here to say that the difference in quality between the Japanese and Western box art is night and day. Not quite ICO-tier, but not far off either.

I just got back from vacation and I have NioH and Gravity Rush 2 sitting on my desk sealed. I still haven't finished FFXV and HZD comes out next week. WTF am I supposed to do? Sorry FFXV, I guess I will never finish you. I'll wait a couple months to play Gravity Rush 2. I can play NioH until Nier comes out then start HZD after Nier.

CANT WAIT.

Hektor

What's the day one patch? At 6GB I assume it's substantial, can the game be played without it?

- If you play with the fresh installation data of the game WITHOUT patching it to 1.01, the save options is very limited (most of the time the game is not saved). You can play the game, following the story missions for several hours and at “some certain point” you will ABSOLUTELY die. Note that this thing won’t happen if you play the patched game on the official release date.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=230715968#post230715968

That isn't a defintiive no, but it's not recommended as it looks.

Wait s is the PC release March 10th? Or some later date? Or do we even know?

Nobody knows for certain, a trailer was shown that said it does, but swiftly taken down again.

e_i

As mentioned before if the JP demo was anything to go by the full game should have English text options available also.

Taken from the OT

Basically that statement literally came from the creator of the game lol.

Okay then. I still don't know whether to be afraid or not. I loved the demo.

MrDaravon

I've watched an entire Nier playthrough and read a ton of analysis/lore stuff and I'm still not entirely sure what exactly happens between Nier and this game.

Something about
*******aliens and Emil making a ton of clones of himself
lol?

That's more or less my understanding lol. Something along the lines of
him creating clones to fight the aliens when they first show up.

To piggyback off that question a bit, do we have any insight or answers as to why (HUGE NIER SPOILERS):

there are apparently still humans alive to be on the moon in the first place? All of the timeline stuff I've seen indicates that the last humans/gestalts/replicants are gone within a few hundred years or so of the ending of Nier as without Gestalt Nier the replicant/gestalt program can't continue to all of the actual humans go crazy/turn into Shades while the replicants eventually die out since they can't reproduce or something like that. I'm definitely a bit fuzzy on the details and I'm not sure I ever fully 100% understood everything including the out of game additional lore so maybe I'm misunderstanding?

I hope in six months or so you make the NieR: Automata Post Launch Awareness thread with this exact OP for the fourth time.

Hype Threads are closed on sight now after becoming a trend towards echo chambers. (It boils down to mods preferring multiple news-based threads over single threads where information is lost in the conversation.)

Also, the OP has been completely redone with new assets, albums, sections, etc.

Any word on game length?

It's in the Information tab.

What was the name of the theme that played mostly during the demo? The one with cryptic lyrics.

You're likely thinking of the NieR: Automata version of Song of the Ancients. (If it's the general 'chanting' one though, we don't have a name just yet.)

Top Bottom