• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

David Jaffe: Twisted Metal coming 2011, release date announcement soon

Carnby

shagg_187 said:
I know. Rob Zombie's songs were all over TM3 and TM4 so indeed its a rendition of More Human Than Human. Oh and Haters Gonna Hate but TM3 is my favourite TM of them all!

and then the wind blew and your car tipped over three times. welcome to twisted metal 3.

Jaffe - I just bought a PS3 just for this game. My wife couldnt understand why I would buy a system for just one game. I told her its not some game idiot, its fuckin twisted metal.

faridmon

jhferry said:
Jaffe - I just bought a PS3 just for this game. My wife couldnt understand why I would buy a system for just one game. I told her its not some game idiot, its fuckin twisted metal.
Twisted Metal is still one game...

davidjaffe

The Fucking MAN.
jhferry said:

Thanks for that :) Maybe you can play some split screen co-op and battle with her and bring her into the tribe! :)

Serious tho- we sure appreciate the show of faith in us. We'll do our best not to let you down and make you look stoopid in front of the wife :D

David

JardeL

davidscottjaffe

Holy shit! We just got 9, 8, 9, 7, 8 ratings for Fun factor in our on going TWISTED play test in Santa Monica! Given this is a BRAND new level and NONE of the vehicles were tuned (they all still drive the exact same) and TONS OF SHIT is broken and not working, I'll take that as a damn good sign! But that was only game 1/6. Let's hope it holds! :)
Holy shit! Latest OVERALL scores from play test group #2: 10, 10, 9, 8.5, 10! And from the BUY/RENT/PASS question? ALL BUYS! Totally surprised and NOT saying our game is at a 10,9. or 8 level yet as a whole but fuck, that's a sweet ass Friday surprise! Thanks Gaming Gods!
It's also key to mention that a focus test result doesn't come CLOSE to a game review result. I assure you- we feel very confident that we have a shot at making the best car combat game and one of the best arena/action/shooters EVER...but this ain't a 10/10/10 MASS EFFECT 2/GOW style thing. Just to make sure people are not expecting some epic 10/10 GOTY in the vein of Uncharted 3. Different games, different goals.:)
:D

[ http://twitter.com/#!/davidscottjaffe ].

Cactus

Banned
To put those quotes a bit more into context, he also said this:

Will TOTALLY shoot 4 a 10. Just point out there is SUMMER MOVIE 10/10 (us hopefully!) and Academy Award 10/10 (not us).

i'm pretty tired of all the current multiplayer games i own. Assbro feels boring, COD just doesn't do it to me anymore... everything is meh.

i'm so ready for Twisted Metal. i have faith that it will be my go-to multiplayer game of this year.

T-Matt

I caught GTTV and Jaffe talking about/showing Twisted Metal was really tickling my fancy. It looks like it's going to be lots of straight up fun.

Did i just read that he was talking about Twisted Metal meets Silent Hill for PSP2?

Wouldn't that be something :p. Was just hypothetical though.

Afrikan said:
Any chance to see the TM footage online? don't have SpikeTV.

It'll probably be on GT's site some time tomorrow. GTTV airs on two days now (Thursday and Saturday), so the episode no longer goes up a few hours after the initial airing like it did when they only aired once a week.

UNCyrus

for those of you that don't read the verbal diarrhea that is most comment sections, there was a gem today in the PS Blog's

PlayStation Blog said:
+ marlyt on August 25th, 2011 at 2:12 pm said:
All you silly people with girlfriends need to wise up. Get married and then you don’t have to do anything on valentine’s day because married people don’t celebrate it. That’s a holiday for people in love, not married people! (LMAO it’s sad but true) So get married and join me in some TM while your wife, who thinks you’re repulsive and is happy to get a card, sits back in a chair, watches you play, and thinks “this is sooooo typical of him. I should have married Brent the accountant.” Peace

Top Bottom