• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT2| I'd Rather Watch The EUROS Than Play

Soulflarz

Banned
Aww..man are you resigning from gaf?? We will miss you if you are...you are a great asset to the rocket league Gaf Community.

we all are
gaf is dead after this.

hit me up on discord (Soulflarz#6367) - we're all moving to a new site with the entire community. Bring ickingfudiot too if you can :D

Aww..man are you resigning from gaf?? We will miss you if you are...you are a great asset to the rocket league Gaf Community.

I'm not nuking my account but this place does just feel tainted now and I know most of the posters in here are or will be gone. If we all land in a new place I hope you follow. I don't know what the remnants of this place will be but a lot of good community members are leaving.

ErichWK

Well looks like I need a discord now! It just sucks cause this was one of the few communities where it wasn't filled with toxic gamergaters. I'll still hover this thread and see where the state of the community will be but I'll follow you dudes. I actually like using your thoughts on the shit I make and shit I break

Well looks like I need a discord now! It just sucks cause this was one of the few communities where it wasn't filled with toxic gamergaters. I'll still hover this thread and see where the state of the community will be but I'll follow you dudes. I actually like using your thoughts on the shit I make and shit I break

We will find a home man. I need a place to posts Rocket League threads.

giphy.gif

This wont be the last time I bother you with ridiculously minor inconsistencies in decals... I promise. Thanks for being here with us!

I'm not sure if I'll post here anymore. A few quick things:

1. I own the RocketGAF NeoGAF Community on PS4. I mostly switched to PC earlier in the summer, and this PS4 community is pretty quiet as is. Does anyone want it? I'd be happy to transfer it to someone who could give it some good TLC.

2. I'm a member of several Rocket League Discord communities, though only starting to become active beyond a few I regularly use. Let me know if you're interested in what's out there. I don't know all of the communities, but can give you my take on the ones I know.

3. My discord username is Optimus Primed#3391. If many of you move to a discord, let me know where you land. Thanks!

oxrock

Gravity is a myth, the Earth SUCKS!
How many RL-Gaffers we got left here? Pretty sad that so many of our already small community decided to splinter off.

Grinchy

Banned
Based on the way NRG is playing Chiefs right now, I feel like they have no chance moving forward even if they win this series :(

They're my favorite team but they're so inconsistent.

edit- well there it is

oxrock

Based on the way NRG is playing Chiefs right now, I feel like they have no chance moving forward even if they win this series :(

They're my favorite team but they're so inconsistent.

edit- well there it is

Yeah, I was quite surprised to see NRG to be the first out of the tournament. Chiefs didn't even seem to be playing all that well, NRG just wasn't up to snuff for some reason.

oxrock

Man, feeling bad for pale horse. Mockit is just totally outclassing them....

Wow, when g2 is on they're really on. The series against mockit was so close, both teams really leaving it all out there on the field.

oxrock

Really surprised to see G2 making it so far. Rizzo has really been stepping it up.

oxrock

I missed it, but I can't believe G2 beat PSG. They must have played really well.

PSG were having issues with playing up to their potential under high pressure situations coupled with the fact that G2 was finally playing consistently well for once.

On a separate note: Galeforce esports are the champions! They just played consistently solid rocket league. They didn't pull off godly plays (like squishy's INSANE ceiling shot) but they weren't really making any mistakes. They also played smart strangling their enemies with boost denial. It's not exactly the most fun kind of play to watch but it's certainly effective.

Grinchy

Banned
Kind of a weird reason to revive this poor, dead thread, but I finally got to play the Switch version. We played some splitscreen co-op.

I'm actually really surprised by how bad the performance was. I watched the Digital Foundry video and still wasn't prepared. Playing a bot match in split screen, even in docked mode, makes the game look like it's running at less than 480p and the framerate still tanks. Playing online is better since the system isn't doing any AI calculations, but many maps seem to run poorly as well.

I haven't tried it without splitscreen yet. I assume the performance hits closer to the 60fps that they claim it runs at, but splitscreen doesn't really come close even when it drops the resolution really far down.

moojito

I wouldn't dare pick up RL for my switch. Such an easily throwable device, and the window being right there. It would end up a costly purchase!

Top Bottom