• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is your favourite vocal track in a video game?

3iJ5IrU.jpg

The entire VA-11 HALL-A soundtrack is pretty damn solid...

... But if we're limiting it to Vocals, there's also a Bonus Tracks Album that's being released soon that features this gem:

Your Love is a Drug ft. Adriana Figueroa

The one true king:
One Winged Angel (from Final Fantasy 7) It is striking, powerful, and unforgettable, and the vocals are absolutely key. Nobuo Uematsu is a god.​

FF7 in general is a game defined by its soundtrack; every song has an unforgettable place within the game, and every location has its own distinct theme--even that damn "climbin' stairs" section.

Recent favourites, however, are Persona 5's Life Will Change (with lyrics) and Sogno di Volare (Civilization 6's theme). There's a lot more great ones out there though.

wreckml

Fields of Ard Skellig - The Witcher 3

This song playing as you're riding across Skellige at sunrise or sunset is just perfection. Will be one of my fondest memories in 30 years of gaming.

Too Late to Love You (Spoilers) from Kentucky Route Zero is the one that I would defend is objectively the best because the whole scene its used in is absolutely beautiful and you can even choose how the song goes so it adds an interactive element that no other vocal video game song really has.

Gamegeneral

I mean, the entirety of Nier and Automata is pretty solid. I've got no problem with any of the vocal tracks in the MGS series, either.

Damerman

Without being obvious by giving a bunch if kingdom hearts answers, im gonna go with nier automata. When become as gods came on and i noticed that it related to what was happening in the plot, i was dumbstruck. I had chills the whole time and had never experienced anything like this in a game.

Nier is a classic in my mind and is basically a musical in some ways... i hate musicals, but what nier did was revolutionary.

kubricks

https://youtu.be/CAL4WMpBNs0

Just Monika
Doki Doki Literature Club! - Your Reality

Every day, I imagine a future where I can be with you
In my hand is a pen that will write a poem of me and you
The ink flows down into a dark puddle
Just move your hand - write the way into his heart!
But in this world of infinite choices
What will it take just to find that special day?
What will it take just to find that special day?

Have I found everybody a fun assignment to do today?
When you're here, everything that we do is fun for them anyway
When I can't even read my own feelings
What good are words when a smile says it all?
And if this world won't write me an ending
What will it take just for me to have it all?

Does my pen only write bitter words for those who are dear to me?
Is it love if I take you, or is it love if I set you free?
The ink flows down into a dark puddle
How can I write love into reality?
If I can't hear the sound of your heartbeat
What do you call love in your reality?
And in your reality, if I don't know how to love you
I'll leave you be

Top Bottom