• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

8bitdo announces new controllers SNES30/SFC30 Pro, NES30 Fight Stick & Cube speakers

dolabla

All compatible with Switch. Release date is Holiday 2017.

https://www.destructoid.com/the-swi...ck-with-8bitdo-s-new-controllers-442581.phtml

Along with the retro aesthetic, these newer pads will have support for USB-C, force feedback (rumble) and even motion controls! Now you really won't need a Switch Pro Controller for Breath of the Wild, which is just awesome.

SNES30/SFC30 Pro ($49.99):

DCOS2ulUIAASbrL.jpg

NES30 Fight Stick:

Cube twin stereo speakers:

loudbill

They look great! I've heard the build quality on them is excellent. But i'd like to see some sega controllers, preferably a model 2 saturn controller.

prateeko

Never used any of their hardware before, how does it feel/compare to first party and other third party controllers?

LaserHawk

OH MY GOODNESS I want that SNES controller!

It looks like my nifty NES30 Pro but with the comforting shape of the SNES controller.

Azuardo

Are the X and Y buttons on the multi-coloured SNES pad concaved like the original US SNES pad? Looks like it. And that turns me off if so.

Edit: above image suggests otherwise, hopefully!

SFC Pro looks like a hot mess, but the arcade stick looks kinda nifty. Would hop on an SFC or SNES inspired version.

e:
Are the X and Y buttons on the multi-coloured SNES pad concaved like the original US SNES pad? Looks like it. And that turns me off if so.

Edit: above image suggests otherwise, hopefully!

Shouldn't be - I got a normal SFC30 recently and they're convex like the other buttons (and, as an aside, the controller and SNES wireless adapter are both fantastic).

wanders

Fuck I just bought some nes30 pro controllers.

I like the details in the battery indicator, synch button etc are like the switch

Dinjoralo

That SNES30 Pro looks simultaneously beautifully nostalgic, and disgustingly disjointed at the same time. I want it.

I also want that arcade stick... Damn, that looks pretty.

I'll be interested if these have improved the buttons and d-pad over the FC30 Pro I used to own.

That thing had really unsatisfying feedback on the dpad and buttons, so much so I ended up returning it not long after getting it.

jchap

Any word if they've fixed the d-pad on these?

The old ones had poorly designed contacts which caused them to be really sensitive on the diagonals:

http://forum.8bitdo.com/thread-446-1-1.html

I own one of the older ones and really regret buying it, but I'm totally on board with a new one if they fix this.

Thats too bad to hear. My pro controller has an overly sensitive dpad and I was thinking this might be good to get a decent dpad.

Slayven

I wonder how these will work for modern games, I kinda of want to get one for the PC replace this old 360 controller

Fancolors

This is good news. I have the FC30pro and was considering ordering a second for MP. I will wait for the SNES30pro then because the triggers look a lot more comfortable on it.

ADS

Thread isn't working on my end - any word on which controllers were affected by this?

It looks like their forums are down or they've been removed entirely, I can't hit it either now.

Not sure which of their controllers are affected, I only know the SNES30 I own definitely has the problem, some games are fine but anything that relies on precise diagonals (Contra especially) is really tough to play without inadvertent inputs.

Shit.

Please, please bring out a new NES controller like this. They need to be updated with the shoulder buttons and home buttons. I like the SNES controller and all but the NES is the color scheme and design I like the most.

Top Bottom