• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The McElroy Brothers |OT| The funniest family on the internet!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AcridMeat

Banned
Nice to see an official thread, they've been great for years.

One suggestion though, I think Monster Factory needs to be highlighted much better in the OP. It's arguably the best content they put out, they're so incredibly funny.

Atilac

The adventure zone changed my life. It lead me to drunks and dragons, which led me to cthulhu and friends. I can't listen to none dnd or actual play podcasts anymore.

Noaloha

I've been a fan of MBMBAM for years, but I haven't really branched out beyond that.

My fishlifters can't hold that much content.

Not everyone has the same podcast listening availability for sure, but keep The Adventure Zone in your backpocket. If you have to suffer through a long-ass drive, or need to spend a day wallpapering a guest room, or - hell - you have a once a week bathtub-time with yourself, whatever, rest easy that you have a gold repository of ear-based nugs waiting in the wings.

Mr. F

Banned
I've been a fan of MBMBAM for years, but I haven't really branched out beyond that.

My fishlifters can't hold that much content.

I've given all of them a shake, but MBMBaM and Adventure Zone are the only ones I really consistently come back to. It's awesome that they're having fun branching out into other shows and topics but I don't find myself as hooked if it's not the three of them together (Monster Factory aside, holy crap it's great).

Shang

I feel like Cool Games Inc. is worth mentioning. Only 4 episodes so far but it's already so, so good.

Also, I haven't listened to it, but apparently Griffin and Rachel have a Bachelor fancast called Rosebuddies.

Pacbois

First heard of them from Justin's appearance in Idle Thumbs, and was meaning to try MBMBAM for a long time and this thread made me make the step.

People were looking at me funny on the bus because i was trying so hard to not burst out laughing.

So what's the deal behind the Malcolm in the Middle conspiracy ?

hupla

Been watching monster factory for a bit and finally took the plunge on MBMBAM about a week ago and it's just so good I love these boys

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
First heard of them from Justin's appearance in Idle Thumbs, and was meaning to try MBMBAM for a long time and this thread made me make the step.

Been watching monster factory for a bit and finally took the plunge on MBMBAM about a week ago and it's just so good I love these boys

I always try listen to podcasts from episode 1, so I'm on #8 of MBMBAM

Glad to see more people jumping in! There are 'highlight' episodes where the first 100 episodes are cut down into 7 or 8 episodes if you want to check those out, but I think it's really terrific from the jump.

Arcipello

LOVE monster factory and was amazed at how fast and funny they were, had no idea they had podcasts or that they were brothers...thanks for the thread!

Glad to see more people jumping in! There are 'highlight' episodes where the first 100 episodes are cut down into 7 or 8 episodes if you want to check those out, but I think it's really terrific from the jump.
I already knew Justin from Sawbones, but the chemistry in MBMBA is so good.

Noaloha

People were looking at me funny on the bus because i was trying so hard to not burst out laughing.

So what's the deal behind the Malcolm in the Middle conspiracy ?

On last week's episode, Travis recalled a weird fever dream moment. Whilst in the cinema watching Night At The Museum he had a memory of being able to see the boom-mics and whatnot on set for the movie, stuff from that shouldn't be on screen / should be behind the camera, etc.

Griffin and Justin lost their shit laughing and expressed concern at their brother's mental health. After that episode, some jokers on Twitter cruelly began to feed into Travis's delusions by pretending that this kind of thing is actually pretty common, be it due to a projectionist not formatting properly or perhaps a show that was intended to be screened in 4:3 gets lazily converted to widescreen. In this latest episode, Griffin and Justin rightly called these jokers out for their wild lies.

ericexpo

Listened to all their shows expect for monster factory. Monster factory is amazing i almost wet my pants at the rat girl

I don't think that any podcast has consistently made me laugh out loud as much as MBMBaM. I almost suffocated from laughing so hard during the old man banking bit Griffin did a couple weeks ago.

Why won't you recognize my style?!

That shit was hilarious.

The Tim McGraw Krav Maga bit on Shuriken Dip was amazing too.

God, I think I've listened to every single episode multiple times at this point. It's my favorite podcast by miles and helped a ton in dispelling my boredom through the weeks when I was painting and tiling my house.

Jintor

Also we finally have a place to talk about adventure zone goofs yessssss

Arc finale coming up soon guys, who's excited

TraBuch

Banned
The McElroy Flop House episode makes me wish they were doing a movie podcast. They're already doing like 20, what's one more?

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Glad this thread is proving useful!

The McElroy Flop House episode makes me wish they were doing a movie podcast. They're already doing like 20, what's one more?

Thanks for mentioning it! If you aren't into all the Max Fun stuff you may have missed this absolute gem of an episode:

http://www.flophousepodcast.com/2015/10/the-great-switcheroo-adventure-zones-flop-house-takeover/

Justin, Travis, Griffin & their father Clint discuss this garbage movie:

220px-LeprechaunOrigins_Poster.jpg

I finally got into these due to The Worst Idea of All Time guys being fans. Started with MBMBaM and have since moved on to Sawbones and just starting adventure zone.

I also credit them for getting me into Flop House which is probably my favorite podcast atm

Are the older MBMBaM worth going back to?

Joeku

Are the older MBMBaM worth going back to?

Most definitely. I listened to the entirety of it over the course of 2015 and do not regret a moment of it. Considering they're brothers, they had a good flow from day 1.

Still miss the old theme song though. But I get why they changed it.

ultron87

I'm way behind on MBMBAM. Staying current on the Adventure Zone but MBMBAM just got bumped off my podcast depth chart. I blame the Giant Beastcast.

MBMBAM is still responsible for some of the most I've ever laughed at a thing. The bits on Step Dad Ron and Griffin Space Jam are just the best.

The 3 episodes of Cool Games Inc I've listened to were pretty fun. Surgery Date would be a rad game.

Noaloha

Was there a quick throwaway line from Griffin on a recent episode in which he says something like "jam a bunch of dildos up my ass until I'm like a human toothbrush-stand"? I coulda swore it was a Moneyzone bit, but I went back through the last few weeks and no joy. I don't thiiink I imagined it.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
its funny but I think that just softened me up for the Bart Simpson one. I'm literally crying when they find out you can make asymmetrical faces.

I still think the best is second life. The gameplay section of that video held up, most of them peak in the middle before they start playing.

Risible

Was there a quick throwaway line from Griffin on a recent episode in which he says something like "jam a bunch of dildos up my ass until I'm like a human toothbrush-stand"? I coulda swore it was a Moneyzone bit, but I went back through the last few weeks and no joy. I don't thiiink I imagined it.

I just started listening and have been working my way backwards, maybe six episodes so far. I *definitely* heard that line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom