• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's The Defenders |OT| Featuring The Worst Iron Fist - August 18th on Netflix

TheOddOne

housekeeping-main-01bba0e.png

main-01z1xed.png

PsychBat!

Banned
Been rewatching the netflix shows with my little sister, still in the middle of Luke Cage. We're gonna watch IF next.

I've been waiting so long for this show.

Vic_Viper

I remember when I used to be hyped for this. Then I saw Ironfist.

Hopefully it will be closer to DD than IF in quality lol. Sounds like even with the horrible show runner, the guy playing Danny Rand is still terrible. Really hope he can redeem himself in this because it's such a great character that deserves better.

Cannot wait for The Defenders! Really hope Netflix can do atleast 1 more season for DD and The Defenders before they loose Disney completely!

IrishNinja

what's with the pessimism here? yeah, as a big Iron Fist fan that one bombed, but the other 3 were solid if not great, and there's no buck here. can't wait!

LotusHD

Banned
Lmao at the title. Well, it's been a long ass wait, but we're finally here. IF has me left quite dejected, but nonetheless, I'm still ultimately looking forward to this.

I've seen everything but iron fist. Should I just skip it guys? I hear it's super bad.

Read a summary at best, or just watch like the last 5 min. or so, so you know what Danny was last doing.

jph139

I think at the very least, it'll be a fun watch.

But at this point I'm mostly just here for more Krysten Ritter.

wipeout364

Hopefully we get a big screen defenders, hard to imagine a defenders without dr strange and hulk. This is kind of a goofy defenders especially with Jessica jones on the team.

AMUSIX

I've seen everything but iron fist. Should I just skip it guys? I hear it's super bad.

Watch the first two episodes...then decide if you want more. If not, no big deal, you've been introduced to the characters. If you do watch more, then you'll get a bit more story. I suppose you could also watch the final episode, too.

Personally, I didn't think it was as bad as people said. There's a LOT of hyperbole thrown around about its shittiness. That said, it's definitely the weakest of the set, and it's clear that the show-runner is crap (and that most of the problems with the show came from on high). There are still some great characters, and Danny isn't as insufferable as people make him out to be.

Christian

I'm ready for this. LET'S GOOOOOOO

Hopefully we get a big screen defenders, hard to imagine a defenders without dr strange and hulk. This is kind of a goofy defenders especially with Jessica jones on the team.

Yeah, it is strange. It's like the polar opposite of what the team actually is. A group of bad motherfuckers - and Namor - fighting against SERIOUS, multiverse-level threats.

Chase17

In to see if they give Matt any more scenes of him being a terrible lawyer.

And for all the others too of course.

diaspora

In to see if they give Matt any more scenes of him being a terrible lawyer.

And for all the others too of course.
I know people kid around with this, but I always figured Matt being a bad lawyer, his ineptitude and poor treatment of Foggy in S2 was a major plot point.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Crazy It's almost here.

Meanwhile looking back it felt like people only liked:
-Daredevil S1
-1st half of Luke Cage.

(I really enjoyed Jessica Jones but GAF was down on it)

Just so weird for so much hype given the scrutiny at leveled at all the lead up.

Dysun

what's with the pessimism here? yeah, as a big Iron Fist fan that one bombed, but the other 3 were solid if not great, and there's no buck here. can't wait!

Second half of Luke Cage and Iron Fist is like 20 episodes of stink in a row.

I have high hopes since the Daredevil showrunners are in charge.

LotusHD

Banned
Crazy It's almost here.

Meanwhile looking back it felt like people only liked:
-Daredevil S1
-1st half of Luke Cage.

(I really enjoyed Jessica Jones but GAF was down on it)

Just so weird for so much hype given the scrutiny at leveled at all the lead up.

JJ was great, so I'll never understand that one, I literally only see the disdain for it on GAF lol. But yea, only things I've been down on were the 2nd half of LC, and the entirety of IF. And some nitpicks with DD S2, but they're ultimately negligible.

Dysun

JJ was great, so I'll never understand that one, I literally only see the disdain for it on GAF lol. But yea, only things I've been down on were the 2nd half of LC, and the entirety of IF. And some nitpicks with DD S2, but they're ultimately negligible.

Jessica Jones is a mixed bag, half of it is really good and then you have the
siblings in the apartment, stupidity handling Kilgrave's capture, Hogarth's love life, and Nuke.

Feltrol

Banned
siblings in the apartment, stupidity handling Kilgrave's capture, Hogarth's love life, and Nuke.

I wonder what they will do with season 2 considering
the one thing that made the series great, Kilgrave, is dead.

jackdoe

I completely agree. If it were a five or six episode series, it probably would have been very good. Instead, it completely shits the bed by the end of the series.

IrishNinja

Second half of Luke Cage and Iron Fist is like 20 episodes of stink in a row.

I have high hopes since the Daredevil showrunners are in charge.

i dug cage but i can't deny it felt front-loaded since cottonmouth was a more interesting villain than diamondback

2nd half gave me method man though, so i took it, haha. and yeah, daredevil showrunners give me high confidence here, especially for fight choreography

Top Bottom