• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eurovision Song Contest 2013 - Malmö, Sweden

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Is Russia still entering this year? I wonder if they'll be a backlash against them in the voting

s_mirage

Is Russia still entering this year? I wonder if they'll be a backlash against them in the voting

Apparently so, with twin sisters. I can't imagine the political situation will help them much, though it remains to be seen exactly how badly they will be hurt.

Jasup

I have a few days ahead with a bit of time. If no-one's making the 2014 thread I'll start working on it tomorrow.

MicH

I can't wait for this years Eurovision! Finally back in Denmark, though our contribution is oh so bad. Oh man :(

GCX

I have a few days ahead with a bit of time. If no-one's making the 2014 thread I'll start working on it tomorrow.
I can do it too once again, I actually already started a few weeks back but then I became really busy.

Sweden song was really good Alcazar blame it on the disco but it came 3rd in Sweden
Yeah, Blame it on the Disco would've been amazing!

About TWIN TWIN

With its bouncy melodies, a healthy sense of gimmick, and the liveliness of its lyrics, Twin Twin is a perfect example of the YOLO (You Only Live Once) generation, which would rather live life to the fullest than be dragged overboard by wailing sirens of doubt.

oh my god

Fritz;106689245 SPOILERS: WTF [URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToqNa0rqUtY" said:
AUSTRIA[/URL]
Why do you beard?
wtf-is-going-on-here.jpg

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I already broke my oath and watched some videos.

SPOILERS:
WTF AUSTRIA

Why do you beard?

Apparently there's been some tension between Austria's entry and Azerbaijan's, with the latter's entry making a few homophobic remarks towards her.
I don't get the beard either

Apparently there's been some tension between Austria's entry and Azerbaijan's, with the latter's entry making a few homophobic remarks towards her.
I don't get the beard either

The beard is fabulous.
He is a pretty big drag queen in Austria according to wiki.

Matt_

The beard is fabulous.
He is a pretty big drag queen in Austria according to wiki.

Oh she's a drag queen? I read in an article that she was transsexual so why the fact a trans woman would keep her beard baffled me.
Being a drag queen with a beard is becoming a thing now apparently

Yes, Conchita Wurst is a drag queen. I would know, I am from Austria. :p
At least she's better than last year's Austrian entry, it can only go upwards from there on out.

early betting odds have
_______Armenia_______
as the very clear favorite (it's easy to see why if you watch the video), followed by
the Scandinavians, as usual

I still think Margaret Berger and Norway were robbed last year
DhXKv93.gif

Fritz

Oh she's a drag queen? I read in an article that she was transsexual so why the fact a trans woman would keep her beard baffled me.
Being a drag queen with a beard is becoming a thing now apparently

Yeah, same here. The name should have tipped us off though. Anyway I think it doesn't really suit her persona but that's probably the joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom