• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam - A small highlight of October 2017 games

Tizoc

The purpose of this thread to provide a small showcase of games that are releasing in October. It will also include games that are leaving or entering Early Access as well.
Some of these titles would release on GOG as well so check there as well. If a game interests you, wishlist it and make sure to use Enhanced Steam to see if it can be bought for a cheaper price elsewhere

If there are any games I missed, please let me know and I'll aim to add them to the list shown below.

Stygr

Banned
Battle Chaser is out on October!?!?!?
I thought it was November for some reason...

Wolfenstein and TEW2 for me

Oh well, October is stacked for sure.

Ascheroth

Only Ys VIII for me (if it actually comes out in October).
There are still quite a few games in my library that I still want to play and a few older ones that I want and think will reach a nice price in the Halloween sale. Like the first Yomawari.
Those have priority over buying brand new stuff.

Fantastic selection though.

iJack

Banned
I love Mordor. But I'm waiting to see if the game is good enough first. Probably waiting until the holidays to make my next gaming purchases though. I'm stacked with stuff that I haven't played yet.

Mephala

Battlechasers, Ys and South Park for sure.

Is that Sword & the Fairy? Probably not translated, I hope it does well despite this.

Yomawari looks cute and interesting.

Tapejara

I hope NISA does a bundle of both Yomawari games. I haven't picked up the first one yet (well I did on Vita, but only for the physical cart) so it'd be nice to get both bundled together.

Also, I'm oddly disappointed the new Bubsy is basically just a Giana Sisters' game with a Bobcat protagonist (at least from what I can tell). I'm sure the budget wasn't that big to begin with, but it kills my interest in checking it out just to see what a modern day Bubsy would look like/play like when I could just play boot up a GS game.

Now wait a god damn minute... Is Road Redemption a new Road Rash? Wishlisted faster than a motorcyclists hitting ground after getting a lead pipe to the face!

iJack

Banned
Now wait a god damn minute... Is Road Redemption a new Road Rash? Wishlisted faster than a motorcyclists hitting ground after getting a lead pipe to the face!

Wait a second, now that you said it I've noticed. I'm buying this. I'm buying this HARD.

Oh shit, A Hat in Time is coming out? How very appropriate. I hope it's turned out well.

Regardless, I'm hyped for Wolfenstein. I'm less hyped for Shadow of War but I've bought it anyways. I don't know why. So those are things I'll be playing next month. I'll also probably end up picking up and playing Steamworld Dig at some point, but that's one of this month's batch so I guess it doesn't count.

Wait a second, now that you said it I've noticed. I'm buying this. I'm buying this HARD.

I might have to get it soon too.:D Been waiting for a Road Rash like game for ages.

Hey if EA can't be arsed to make one, then a dedicated fanbase sure can ;)

Indeed! And looks like they've done wonderful work too. It really is a shame that EA hasn't done anything with the franchise lately. It doesn't need to be a super AAA title, just a polished, fun, arcade racer. With violence.:p

Lucifon

Busy month! Will wait for Switch for Battlechasers, looks like a great Switch game.

Secretly hoping for Elex to be decent, love a bit of eurojank.

jediyoshi

For some reason I thought Rogue Trooper was a PS exclusive, interested to check it out

Evil Within 2 and Wolfy 2 are easy pickups

FiraB

Banned
Sadly most is sales fodder for me.

Origins is only getting a day 1 because my partner likes the setting (hasnt played a AC since AC2 though).

Skade

Wolfenstein for sure.

Shadow of War also, despite the bullshit cash store, the game seem really good from all the livestreams i've seen.

And maybe Assassin's Creed and South Park later down the road. For Origins, i'm still not sold on the new gameplay, so i'm in "wait and see" mode. And for South Park, i just want to know if we get the real French voices in France as promised by Ubi or just some random french dub as recent rumors seems to point out.

What the hell is this and why didn't I know about it, it looks cool as hell.

I'm really looking forward to it because it looks like a return to form for Piranha Bytes who were responsible for the Gothic games. Risen was cool and all but they always felt really buggy, sluggish and low budget.

THQ Nordic is killing it.

If we're including Ys VIII despite its indefinite delay, then why isn't Zwei: The Ilvard Insurrection there? That's been delayed to Fall only because of QA troubles, which might wrap up in time, so it can't hurt to add it.

Tizoc

If we're including Ys VIII despite its indefinite delay, then why isn't Zwei: The Ilvard Insurrection there? That's been delayed to Fall only because of QA troubles, which might wrap up in time, so it can't hurt to add it.

Fall could also mean November, and IIRC Zwei doesn't have a steam page atm?

Stoze

You forgot DUSK, comes out Oct. 31st.
29721034315_21f6859ba5_o.gif

pa22word

You forgot DUSK, comes out Oct. 31st.
29721034315_21f6859ba5_o.gif

I feel kinda bad for this game releasing so soon to Wolfy TNC. I figure it must be kinda hard to compete as a classic FPS directly against a classic FPS IP in a big budget form coming out within days of you.

I fully expect DUSK will have better gameplay though. Probably more fun level design as well if TNO is anything to go by.

Durante

I'd usually be more hyped for ELEX (I like Piranha Bytes games) but I just don't really see myself playing anything but D:OS2 in terms of RPGs for a while yet.

Stoze

I feel kinda bad for this game releasing so soon to Wolfy TNC. I figure it must be kinda hard to compete as a classic FPS directly against a classic FPS IP in a big budget form coming out within days of you.

I fully expect DUSK will have better gameplay though. Probably more fun level design as well if TNO is anything to go by.
Eh, I don't think they'll really be competing. 4 days apart is probably enough space considering Wolfenstein II is a 10-14 hour single player game, nabbing the Oct. 31st for a Halloween release is smart, as is the pre-order to get the first episode so they've already got good word of mouth.

Top Bottom