• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Does Stardew Valley still have issues with the PS4 Pro?

PepperedHam

Apparently people on the Stardew forums are still having an issue. I own it on Pro though and have played about 10 hours with no issues, this is all post firmware update (the one that was supposed to address it, never tried before then). So I can't say for sure.

Bousf

Yes it does. I compiled all the issues on the SV forums and apparently problem is on Sony's end and the latest system update was meant to fix it but it hasn't.

That been said, I run Spotify on the background and have no issues playing lol

picked up the game and was wondering if this was still a thing , a quick Google search only brings me to forum posts from March and stuff but I don't want to take the risk. If it's still a problem I'll just play on my regular ps4

Gator86

I uninstalled it because it was fucking mine up, but wound up not getting a refund. I might still try to. Fuck this game.

This is actually one of the main reason I haven't gotten a pro yet.

Does the issue only happen if you go into suspend mode in game? Or does it happen no matter what?

I never suspend my games, but I do put my console in standby.

Grimalkin

Does this problem occur if you "Close Application" and then go to rest mode? It isn't clear to me how exactly these problems keep happening and I would really like to play this game, but not if it is going to risk my ps4 pro.

No matter what game I am playing I always close down the application first so that I am back to the OS (with no background apps running) then go into rest mode on my ps4. I had issues with the suspend/resume game feature all the way back at the ps4 launch so I never got in the habit of using that feature.

leroidys

If I were a pettier person, I would go back through the PS4 Pro threads and quote every "very smart person" that told me there would be literally 0 added QA/cert overhead for the Pro and that it was stupid to think otherwise.

Actually I probably am that petty, but far too lazy.

Top Bottom