• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Phantom Pain, aka Metal Gear Solid V, Announced (360/PS3, "Moby Dick Studio")

Status
Not open for further replies.

neptunes

If this is real, I can't believe KojiPro is working on two big budget MGS projects at once, this has to be outsourced or a long-long ways off.

Izick

My only wonder is how can that be Big Boss if his arm is amputated? It would have to be Snake or like another clone or something, right?

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
What if everything is just an illusion? what if that floating person in the background

2222222bmqu7.png

is just like Psycho Mantis even more powerful and NOTHING here is real, both arms are normal, Volgin, Soldiers dying etc. EVERYTHING is just an illusion?

Ok unless Koji-Pro hired 200 new people it probably isnt a completely new game and is probably just a Ground Zeros Viral.

So does that change anything?

braves01

Banned

Actually that makes amazing sense. Big Boss and Zero are the two phantoms. Zero's monomaniacal ambition was the Patriot system I guess. Doesn't mess up the timelines too much and actually expands on an aspect that was lacking (How Zero went from your leader to the bad guy of the entire series). Not to mention the plural Ground Zeroes.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
My only wonder is how can that be Big Boss if his arm is amputated? It would have to be Snake or like another clone or something, right?

I seriously doubt it's not a nightmare of aome sort.

Omikaru

Liquid Snake is from the UK, not to mention the whole phantom arm and all that.

Metaphor! Or all in a dream. Or something like that. Stop taking the trailer so literally, guys.

Jarmel

Banned
If this is GZ then wouldn't that mean this trailer is using 360/PS3 stuff or atleast a cinematic for this gen?

Epcott

I missed the trailer and the links are coming up goose egg.

But from the photos, the hospital floor reminds me of the scales from MGS2's opening and that guy looks like either Snake or Liquid.

I hope this is GZ related. For the first time ever, I think there just may be too many MG games on the horizon (GZ is a prologue after all). Too much awesome... my poor head :(

Sykane

Trailer is available on Kotaku also, just watched it. Has to be MGS related, there is no such thing as this many coincidences.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Maybe, or maybe ANOTHER MGS.

Could definitely be.

Another question:

If that's BB, then why do the guns and equipment look so modern? I mean we didn't get a completely clear look at it, but it seemed to be fairly modern stuff. Any ideas?

QUIZ2-psycho_mantis2.jpg

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Is this a reliable source?

If Kojima's teaser for his taboo non-MGS new IP is loaded with MGS references

he's in trouble

unless I missed some info where Project Ogre became an MGS as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom