• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Oculus Rift and Touch Thread: I need something more

Dave_6

Is there a way to leave the Rift plugged into my PC but disable it? For example I have a Schiit stack for my headphones but right now all the audio on my PC is going through the Rift headphones. It's just a slight annoyance to have to slide my PC out to get behind it and unplug it every time I don't want to use it.

Blam

Is there a way to leave the Rift plugged into my PC but disable it? For example I have a Schiit stack for my headphones but right now all the audio on my PC is going through the Rift headphones. It's just a slight annoyance to have to slide my PC out to get behind it and unplug it every time I don't want to use it.

Just leave it plugged in?

Chumley

Banned
Maybe you want this

Edit:

oh, and since you want Superhot and are interested in Wilson's Heart you maybe like this too.

I don't want fantastic contraption but im still kind of interested in this deal... I wonder if both will be cheaper if I wait till the steam winter sale.

vermadas

Big Raw Data update incoming tomorrow.

The Update is live now on Steam and Oculus store.

New Content / Functionality
Hostile Takeover - PVP Expansion
SyndiK8 and Eden Corp forces battle for control of a central Data Core throughout Eden Tower. Access this mode by selecting PvP in the front-end menu or selecting the PvP tab.
Gain control of the Data Core through king of the hill style point control. Stand on the objective point to take control of it, and keep enemies off the point to maintain your control. The more of you on the point, the faster you can control it.
All characters use manual/joystick locomotion and can walk or sprint
Attacking or being attacked will end sprint
Ultimates begin match on cooldown and do not automatically refresh on respawn
Turrets are disabled in PvP
PvP character classes start with all their abilities

PvP Hero Classes - The PvP classes embody the spirit of the central heroes, but exist as separate entities with tweaked power sets for more engaging pvp battles.
Gun Cleric - Long- to mid-range class that excels at duck and cover, ranged gunplay. Crusader Pistols hit instantly with great accuracy. Charged Shots and Fusion Charge Shots can be lethal when getting the drop on someone. Bulletstorm mows down enemies, but be aware of your surroundings before deploying!
Cyber Ninja - Close range assassin who can attack while running. Swords are lethal: get close and finish them, or use Focal Strike to extend your range! Telekinesis can be used to pull targets directly towards you. Shadow Slash sends out heat-seeking beams with every katana slash that will target other players.
Street Merc - Close to mid-range powerhouse whose fists provide great mobility. Shotgun is lethal at close ranges, but quickly falls off in power. Well placed grenades can take care of pesky snipers. Iron Fist pummels players that get too close, and Fury lets you go on a melee rampage.
Rogue Hunter - Long range assassin: if you can see them, you can kill them. Tagging arrows provide reliable shots at long ranges. Decoy can throw off your opponent and let you know they are closing in. Multi Shot sends out a spray of arrows that can hit multiple players at once. Explosive Arrows turns all your arrows into incendiary projectiles.

New Arena Maps
Samsara - Among the many spaces here in Sector G Eco Habitat, none can compare to peace and tranquility of the Watson Genomics zen gardens! Sign up now and enjoy a period of rest, enlightenment, and ultra-violence as we eradicate the SyndiK8 forces currently storming the complex. Defend Eden’s crucial data in the simulated sun and genetically sculpted plants of our finest organic landscapes! A lush, open map set in the Gardens of Watson genomics featuring plentiful organic cover and hidden paths flanking the Data Core.
Attunement - Eden Tower is home to a beautiful relaxation and meditation suite that’s currently occupied by SyndiK8 terrorists. Help defend Eden’s noble data in an interior facility designed for peaceful thinking and mindful awareness of your deadly opponents. Take advantage of our second floor balconies to stay ahead in ranged conflicts, or hide behind our modern outdoor planters for surprise close encounters!
Terminus - Come and explore the Sector J Shipping Harbor like never before! Enjoy scenic vistas from the tallest tower in the world while protecting Eden’s confidential data from insurgent activities. Take cover behind Zaitomo’s state of the art cargo containers and find the upper hand among our sprawling catwalks and vertical pathways! A dense, industrial area surrounding a heavily fortified Data Core.

New Hero - Elder, Rogue Hunter - Update 0.7 brings Elder, the Rogue Hunter’s eagle eyes, stealthy gameplay, and powerful archery abilities into the fight.
Weapon: Viper Compound Bow: Unique weapon used by Elder that can form arrows out of crystalline nanotech.
Basic Shot: To create a Basic Arrow, hold your hand near the bow string and press the Trigger button to start forming an arrow while pulling back. Take aim, and release!
Charged Arrow: Much like Bishop’s Crusader Pistols, Elder can charge up an arrow so it deals additional damage. To create a Charged Arrow, form a basic arrow, pull it back, and hold for a brief moment.
Tagging Arrow: These special arrows tag targets in an area with a homing signal. For a short period, all your other arrows (including Multi Shot Arrows) will automatically aim at any tagged target at which you’re looking, so this is your time to rapid-fire away!
Multi Shot Arrow: The Charged Arrow also has a split personality, in that it can be configured to fire in a spread of five individual arrows. Each of these Multi Shot Arrow projectiles deals less damage than a normal basic arrow, but is an effective spray-and-pray that can stall a massive horde of robots or drones surging toward you. Form a Multi Shot Arrow by creating a Charged Arrow while holding Trigger on your bow hand to freely toggle between Charge Shot and Multi Shot.
Holo Decoy: Elder has more than just arrows up his sleeve. The aptly-named Holo Decoy is a lifelike illusion that, once deployed, draws enemies away—essentially lining them up for you to take them down. The best part: the Crystal Decoy explodes after taking a set amount of damage. Press the Grip buttons near your dominant-side hip to generate a decoy.
Crystal Hazard: Both of Elder’s ultimate abilities create crystalline arrows that hit with a decisive impact. The first of these is Crystal Hazard; wherever a Crystal Hazard arrow lands, it shatters on impact to leave behind a lingering AoE that slows and damages enemies, as well as increasing additional damage taken.
Explosive Arrows: Elder’s second ultimate ability is straightforward, but definitely hits hard. Explosive Arrows does just what it says: it modifies the composition of your crystalline arrows so they explode on impact! While active, all crystalline arrows formed are Explosive Arrows.

New Environment - Botanical Gardens
A lush, bioengineered garden environment created for executives of Eden Corp. Complete with killer robots and psychotropic nanobots.

New Mission - Mission 7 - Soul Decrypt
Take a tram ride into the Eden Corp’s Botanical Gardens--just watch out for the security systems on your way in.
Carry your briefcase with you as you travel throughout the Watson Genomics compound to acquire new intel on Eden’s technology.
There are hallucinations aplenty...keep close to the trees for safe havens.

New Tutorial and Combat Configurations
Bow Tutorial: Become a master sniper with our Viper Bow Tutorial.
Ninja Bots (Tekomo Series): Both Stealth and Teleshifting models have received significant upgrades to help give them a more diverse feel, and present a more dynamic challenge in all missions. Stealth Bot now focuses exclusively on killing the player: it approaches from stealth, and will reveal itself with a palm strike that temporarily disables all your locomotion options. Once revealed, can now approach the player while protecting itself with its sword. After sustaining enough damage, it will flip backwards while entering stealth and will attempt to re-engage. From long range, Teleshifting Bot will channel briefly before teleporting to the player with an attack, and then retreating to origin point. Will continue behavior until a player engages them. Once engaged, will slowly walk forward while teleshifting. Once in melee will slash, and occasionally leap backwards into a teleshift… and then fly right back at you with a powerful slam attack.
Heavy Bots (Dynomo Series): Heavy robot models have behavior improvements as well as the addition of weak spots. Heavy Charger now chooses its attacks more intelligently and is more likely to punch players, instead of always trying to use slow overhand slam and stomp attacks. The overhand slam has been changed to trigger if it suffers enough damage while near a player. (Warning: few player abilities can stop this, so get ready to run!) Its legs are now considered a weak point: focusing fire on the legs will make them spark and malfunction. The next time this enemy charges, it will destroy itself. Heavy Rocket Bot changes behavior based on distance to players. At long range, it will fire rockets that seek the player. If left alone will flash eye and fire multiple rockets upward; mid range, will attempt to side strafe left and right while firing forward; close range: will punch players, knocking them a medium distance. Additionally, the rocket arm is now considered a weak point. Focusing fire on it will cause it to spark and malfunction, causing it to explode the next time it attempts to fire a rocket.
New Joystick/Trackpad Locomotion Options: One of the most requested features of Raw Data has been the ability to use non-teleportation based forms of movement. With the advent of PvP, we’re also setting up an option for players to experience the main campaign with direct locomotion! In campaign mode, players can choose between Teleport Only, or Walk. Teleport Only is the classic experience. Walk is a hybrid option that lets you manually move around, but still allows you to Teleshift by clicking in your joystick/touchpad. Enemies will attack faster, shoot longer, and get in your face more often to provide a competitive challenge. PvP only supports joystick/touchpad locomotions and features sprint instead of teleport.
Walk Movement Options: The new Walk movement style features new adjustable options! Head-Based Steering - The reference direction is determined by where you are facing, so pressing forward will move your character towards where you are looking. Controller-Based Steering - The reference direction is determined by where your secondary hand is pointing. Rolling your hand left/right also causes you to strafe. Click to Move is an option for Vive’s trackpad that changes how you interact with the touchpad. On Touch, any movement on the touchpad will translate into motion. On Click you must first press the button to move, or double-click to teleport/sprint.
Comfort mode setting: FOV is now dynamically modified during particularly intense moments/actions. You can turn this default behavior off in the Gameplay option settings.
You can now enable smooth turning on devices that support quick turn functionality in Gameplay options.
Helper System: Tutorial pop-ups will now trigger to guide players who might be struggling or to remind them of unused features. This system can be disabled in the Options menu.
Rack-up Screen Polish Pass: The screen that displays after completing a mission has received significant visual polish to be more rewarding and streamlined for the player.
Privacy Bubble: When enabled in Options, this feature will prevent other human players from invading the personal space of the player, transforming interlopers into a harmless semi-transparent avatar.
New Ability Selector Implemented: Activated abilities can now be accessed quickly by holding down the trackpad or clicking in the joystick on the player’s main-hand controller to create a holographic interface. Abilities can be triggered by physically moving your hand into the appropriate holographic cube.
New Meta Tool Selector Implemented: Pressing down on the touchpad/joystick activates the defense mode selector. Use it similarly to the new Ability Selector.

Gameplay / Balance Improvements
UI/UX Polish: Most of the front-end menus and in-game menus have been adjusted, streamlined, and simplified to improve navigation throughout the game.
Mission Waves Difficulty Pass: All missions in game have had their difficulty adjusted for co-op and single-player, with somewhat reduced enemy numbers and more intermittent enemy spawns to make combat better balanced for all classes.
Mission 1 (Hardpoint) Time Limit: Increased time limit on Mission 1 - Hardpoint.
Boss: Pump-to-Reload: Manual magazine loading on Dominator Shotgun has been removed. Only pumping is required. Additionally, the Dominator Shotgun can be pumped/reloaded with one hand by quickly tilting it up and down or punching it back and forward.
Boss: Iron First: Iron Fist is no longer a starting power, but once unlocked, you now dash forward with each punch, and the charge up time has been removed. (There is a brief cooldown per fist after use)
Boss: Nade Launcher: Nade Launcher is now a starting unlock. The ability to detonate grenades in the air is an additional unlock.
Boss: Dominator Shotgun: Shotgun position no longer averaged out between both hands: the trigger grip will stay at the held hand position, regardless of how far you pull the pump hand.
Saija: Shadow Slash: Shadow Slash has been reworked with improved projectile spawning and homing behavior. Enemies can now be delimbed after death, and enemies’ legs will now delimb on torso delimbing.
Saija: Dual Katanas: Saija now has access to Dual Katanas. At least one blade needs to be put away in order to use Telekinesis.
Bishop: Crusader Pistols: Pistols reworked to feel more responsive in multiplayer settings.
Bishop: Charged Shot: Charged Shot now consumes ammo on use.
New Unlock Progression: Cryptos have been removed from the game. Tech unlocks should now be available automatically upon mission completion.
Ability Cooldown Notifications: A notification will now display when an activated ability cooldown is completed and is ready to use again.
Oculus Touch Controls Improved: Quickturn joystick controls - Snapping joystick left/right turns you 45 degrees, holding joystick left/right turns you 90 degrees, snapping joystick back turns you 180 degrees. Ability Quick Activate buttons - Pressing X/A activates left/right abilities.

Graphics / Performance Optimizations
UE4.15 Engine Upgrade: Forward Renderer enabled w/ MSAA.
Graphics Options Improvements
Boss: Dominator Shotgun: Improved performance on Boss’s shotgun fire.
Mission: Extermination: Improved performance on Extermination.
Mission: Thundershock: Improved performance on Thundershock
CPU Optimizations: CPU optimizations across the board improving CPU performance by 40% on average.

120v

hrmm... really waffling back and forth on Lone Echo. just bought a bunch of games during the last sale to pile on the backlog, but that pre order discount...

capsule_main.png

On Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/631120/Raybeem/

Hello!
The demo for Raybeem, our VR music visualizer, is now available. If you're into music & music visualization, please give it a shot. I'm aiming to make it as a relaxing/meditation application.

Yoooooo, this is your game?

I dig it!!! when I get my oculus, definitely going to give it a shot.

thuGG_pl

Guys I'm gonna buy one game for now, what should I get from these:
- Chronos
- Arizona Sunshine
- Superhot
- Mages Tale
- Raw Data
- Edge of Nowhere
- Eve: Valkyrie

I didn't finish Robo Recall yet, so it shouldn't be too similar to that.
I'm leaning toward Chronos for now.

Or maybe something completely different. I want my money well spent ;)

hwalker84

Maybe you want this

Edit:

oh, and since you want Superhot and are interested in Wilson's Heart you maybe like this too.
You gotta be kidding me.... Bought The Climb and I expect you to die (Pittsburgh studio and was going to buy this immediately cause a good friend is on the dev team) separately.

Anyway to get a refund on some of these titles

Soi-Fong

- Chronos
- Arizona Sunshine
- Superhot
- Mages Tale
- Raw Data
- Edge of Nowhere

I'd say Wilson's Heart or Chronos as those are two really good meaty single player experiences.

I'd lean towards Wilson's Heart though as it incorporates Touch unlike Chronos.

thuGG_pl

I'd say Wilson's Heart or Chronos as those are two really good meaty single player experiences.

I'd lean towards Wilson's Heart though as it incorporates Touch unlike Chronos.

Thanks, I bought Action Pack: Superhot, Wilsons Heart and Fantastic Contraption.

Bookoo

- Chronos
- Arizona Sunshine
- Superhot
- Mages Tale
- Raw Data
- Edge of Nowhere

Chronos is a fantastic game. It is about a ~10 hour RPG and really shows how great 3rd person games It is one of my favorite games.

Edge of Nowhere is also good, but it's about 3-5 hours long. It showed me how a game like Uncharted could play in VR and I think it would be incredible.

Wilson's Heart is pretty well acted and has a cool visual style, but the gameplay feels really outdated compared to a lot of other games.

SuperHot is great and has a lot of re-playability.

Raw Data - Never played

Mages Tale - Just bought, but have only played like 15 minutes. Seems cool.

Eve Valkyrie - Pretty cool game and I think the multiplayer is still populated

Arizona Sunshine - Fun game and looks pretty great. Some of the AI is really dumb and there is a bit of jankiness, but I played it with my friend and we had a blast. However we played it once and never really went back.

Lakuza

saw this over on oculus forums, Alien Isolation VR mod is almost ready for oculus (they mention vive should be possible too):

https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/6ldafu/some_new_progress_on_fixing_alien_isolation_in_vr/

Maybe you want this

Edit:

yeah i'm a little torn on whether or not to get one of those packages.
Wilson's heart i'm not to keen on anymore since it's over in about 4-5 hours apparantelty and it restricts where you can explore + higlighting all interactive objects so there's no difficulty to puzzle solving. That's put me off it.

And looking more into "i expect you to die", that's another short game where you can complete it in an hour or two. Not worth paying that much for such a short experience. Which leaves just Raw Data and superhot vr in their respective bundles which I can buy seperately.

Justinh

Something that I saw recommended somewhere else on GAF for easy switching of sound devices is a program called SoundSwitch. It sits in the System Tray (I just have it always showing on the taskbar now though) and you click on it and a drop-down pops up with the audio output options you set up. I use it when switching between the Rift headphones setting and using the SoundBlaster I have with my more comfy, louder headphones when using the Rift, and then back to the cheapo speakers I have sitting next to my monitor when I'm done with the Rift.

Just a thought. I find it really handy so maybe check it out.

Justinh

Get Superhot guys. It's a prime example of a game that would work in NO other medium than VR.

Yeah, SuperHOT is... SuperGREAT. My Pop and a family friend came over during the week and after letting him try out Job Simulator for a while, he really got into and loved SuperHOT VR. It was fun for me and my dad just watching him play. He didn't even start from the beginning, he picked up where I stopped playing.

What do you think the chances are that the Rifts will go out of stock during this sale? Looks like Amazon is out of stock until next month, although the Oculus Store seems to still have them. I'm thinking of getting one, but not totally ready to make the decision until next weekend (and want to try a demo first to make sure it'll be decently comfortable with my glasses).

Soi-Fong

What do you think the chances are that the Rifts will go out of stock during this sale? Looks like Amazon is out of stock until next month, although the Oculus Store seems to still have them. I'm thinking of getting one, but not totally ready to make the decision until next weekend (and want to try a demo first to make sure it'll be decently comfortable with my glasses).

Most Best Buy's I've seen have demo stations. Are there any near you?

If you're really worried about it, you could place a Best Buy order for store pick up which they'll hold for a week. If you don't want it, just cancel it. It would be a way to assure that you could get one in the next week if you wanted.

tenchir

You guys can buy one of these if you want to connect your sensors/rift to your PC, but want to be able to disable/enable it.

4-Port USB Hub - I use this one for Sensor 1 (USB 3.0) and Rift
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JX1ZS5O/?tag=neogaf0e-20
It doesn't come with it's own PSU, so I had to buy an additional PSU for it, otherwise the Rift and 1 Sensor wouldn't work well.

7-Port USB Hub with PSU - I use this one for Sensor 2 and 3 (USB 3.0)
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N24BDQ9/?tag=neogaf0e-20
Warning - The upstream USB connector is pretty bad on this, I had to fix the cable and HUB in place so I have a stable connection.

If you want just to be able to disable the Rift itself. you can buy this.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-ON-OFF-...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649
I was initially using this at first, but I wanted to disable the sensors too, so I eventually went for the USB Hubs with on/off switches.

I think theoretically, you can just use the 7-Port HUB or 4-Port with PSU for 3 Sensors and Rift, but you would need to put one or two of the Sensor into USB 2.0 mode by using USB 2.0 cables. It's USB bandwidth issue.

low-G

So I just preordered my first VR game in the form of Lone Echo. Played Echo Arena and the idea blew me away so much I'm salivating for a single player game in this way... Hope it's good (really I want the $5 off too).

Soi-Fong

So I just preordered my first VR game in the form of Lone Echo. Played Echo Arena and the idea blew me away so much I'm salivating for a single player game in this way... Hope it's good (really I want the $5 off too).

It's the same way with me. The locomotion system used is just awesome and I'm hoping that the single player experience within Lone Echo is pretty meaty.

robotrock

Banned
It's insane. I also have no idea how no one did this until now

enewtabie

Played around with some different games. Played the Luckys tales game and wow I'm impressed. I could picture a Mario game. Robo recall was awesome. Robotic arms was kinda freaky.

robotrock

Banned
Played around with some different games. Played the Luckys tales game and wow I'm impressed. I could picture a Mario game. Robo recall was awesome. Robotic arms was kinda freaky.

Lone Echo shows arms and I keep on trying to put my arms in weird positions to see how it tracks

sonofbryce

Neo Member
Yoooooo, this is your game?

I dig it!!! when I get my oculus, definitely going to give it a shot.
Thanks Fixed2BeBroken, I'm stoked that you're interested but I don't want to give your hopes up! Raybeem is game-like, but not much of a game. It's meant primarily as passive experience. You'll be able to interact differently in each of the themes, but more in a playground sandbox sorta way. There won't necessarily be much in the way of game-oriented goals, at least in its initial release.

Raybeem is really for chilling with your music, audiobooks, or whatever.

The demo's available at: https://sokay.itch.io/raybeem-vr-music-visualizer . VR is optional and there's a build for Windows and Mac so you can give it a shot to get the gist of what it's about. There's not any interaction yet in non-VR mode, just so you know.

so recently got an Oculus and was looking for some input.

Everything hooked up fine for me with the exception that the 16ft powered usb 3.0 extension I wanted to use for my headset seemed to cause crackling in the audio. Tried multiple ports but was all the same.

Tried a 15ft usb 2.0 extension and it also caused crackling. Only solution I could find was to use the 3ft extension that came with the xbox controller and it seemed to solve it but thats only so long...

Is my best bet here to get one of those inateck usb 3.0 cards?

closer013

So I have a weird issue with my left touch controller. If I play Unspoken and exit using the guide instead of in-game menus I lose thumb tracking in Oculus home. This also happens when I exit Minecraft. Rebooting my computer fixes this and I have tried different USB ports and even bought a new USB card. All of my USB ports have power saving turned off. Has anyone heard of this before? Is thumb tracking important? I have a new set of controllers waiting to be set up, just thought I'd ask, Thanks!

closer013

How is Unspoken?

Really cool. The gameplay is very e-sports like having fast paced spell-slinging magic duels. While not having anything to do with cards it reminds me of Phantom Dust for some reason... The fact that is is made by Insomniac made it an easy purchase for me.

Soi-Fong

so recently got an Oculus and was looking for some input.

Everything hooked up fine for me with the exception that the 16ft powered usb 3.0 extension I wanted to use for my headset seemed to cause crackling in the audio. Tried multiple ports but was all the same.

Tried a 15ft usb 2.0 extension and it also caused crackling. Only solution I could find was to use the 3ft extension that came with the xbox controller and it seemed to solve it but thats only so long...

Is my best bet here to get one of those inateck usb 3.0 cards?

The best extension cables to use are no longer than 15ft and is an "active" extension cable instead of a "passive" one.

So I have a weird issue with my left touch controller. If I play Unspoken and exit using the guide instead of in-game menus I lose thumb tracking in Oculus home. This also happens when I exit Minecraft. Rebooting my computer fixes this and I have tried different USB ports and even bought a new USB card. All of my USB ports have power saving turned off. Has anyone heard of this before? Is thumb tracking important? I have a new set of controllers waiting to be set up, just thought I'd ask, Thanks!

I recently upgraded to a new PC where I experienced something similar. Not only did I get crackling sound in the Rift, but the sound eventually died altogether, requiring a restart of the Oculus software. In my case the problem seemed to be caused by attaching the headset itself (not the sensors) to the motherboard's USB 3.0 or 3.1 ports. Using one of the USB 3.0 cards you mentioned solved my problem.

closer013

If anyone was wondering about Sublevel Zero Redux especially since it's on sale on the Oculus store its a pretty good Descent inspired rogue-light.

LOLCats

Banned
i said i wouldnt buy any VR till Gen2 ... well my lady says to me the other day, "why don't we get one of those VR things?"

"i say you know there is big sale right now..."

So i picked up my Rift today.

question for GAF.

which OS?

Windows 7 or Windows 10?

UrbanRats

i said i wouldnt buy any VR till Gen2 ... well the lady says to me the other day, "why dont we get one of those VR things?"

question for GAF.

which OS?

Windows 7 or Windows 10?
Well apparently W10 can use Asynchronous Spacewarp, which should help a lot with performance.

Im on W7 and its fine on it, tho.

Linkup

i said i wouldnt buy any VR till Gen2 ... well my lady says to me the other day, "why don't we get one of those VR things?"

question for GAF.

which OS?

Windows 7 or Windows 10?

Pretty much has to be Windows 10 or some apps aren't work fully(Virtual Desktop I think) or as fast. Also some rendering tech (Async Space Warp?) doesn't work as well without it also.

LOLCats

Banned
Well apparently W10 can use Asynchronous Spacewarp, which should help a lot with performance.

Im on W7 and its fine on it, tho.

Pretty much has to be Windows 10 or some apps aren't work fully(Virtual Desktop I think) or as fast. Also some rendering tech (Async Space Warp?) doesn't work as well without it also.

thanks, i have both in dual boot config, guess ill try W10 to start. because
ASYNCHRONOUS SPACEWARP.

You should not need to manually change your audio output to/from the Rift. In Windows, right-click on the volume icon in your tray and change your Default output to your headphone amp. Don't change it.

When you launch games from Oculus Home, they will play from your Rift. If you use Steam VR as well, you can change settings to make Steam VR change the output to the Rift headphones automatically and change it back after Steam VR is closed. Those options are in the small overlay window that appears on your desktop when you launch Steam VR.

During set up I am having a ton of trouble getting my touch controllers to be in the correct place with the sensors. Any tips?

How many sensors? Are you using usb 3.0 for 2 of your sensors? I don't think it's necessary but it may help. Also, how do you have your sensors configured in your room?

Unrelated: Based on the few hours I played the Beta, I think Echo Arena is legitimately the best multiplayer game I've played in VR thus far. It truly feels like a first person VR version of rocket league. But way fucking cooler than rocket league as you're shooting around in 0 gravity grabbing and pushing off walls. But chasing the disc and the skirmishes that result is just like charging the ball in Rocket League and that's probably the best thing about it. Even better, the voice chat is proximity based so you can hear your team and the other team talking during the match and see where it's coming from. Onward has that too and it's a really great feature.

Effect

Okay I think Project Cars makes me physically sick trying to play it in VR. That was not at all a pleasant experience. Combined with the hazy and blurry look (guess that's the screen door effect that's been mentioned) I'm going to be scratching that off the list. Waiting for Elite Dangerous to finish downloading. Want to try out some of the designed for VR games now instead of ones that just got VR support to see the possible difference.

Okay I think Project Cars makes me physically sick trying to play it in VR. That was not at all a pleasant experience. Combined with the hazy and blurry look (guess that's the screen door effect that's been mentioned) I'm going to be scratching that off the list. Waiting for Elite Dangerous to finish downloading. Want to try out some of the designed for VR games now instead of ones that just got VR support to see the possible difference.

Not sure if Elite Dangerous equates to that. I would try Superhot, Robo Recall, Chronos, The Lab, or Onward if you want a game that feels like "from the ground up" in VR. There's more, those are just off the top of my head. Elite Dangerous is still good in VR, but the bright on black contrast gives you a lot of lense glare or whatever it's called. The planets and stars still look incredible, as well as your cockpit.

Top Bottom