• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.
haha yoshi that is awesome. Also I find it so comical that people say 12 hours is short for diablo. This is NORMAL difficulty. There are 3 more difficulties.... the game isn't even a quarter done IF you only plan on playing 1 character to the end of the game once.

Lombax

Banned
quick question. If I were to buy a digital copy while I wait for UPS to deliver my CE can I upgrade the key later today?

if so does anyone know the process?

injurai

Banned
That PM is pretty dickish but it is certainly odd that this game could cause someone to start crying... I mean.. wow.

Oh come on... I cry at the ends of shows that I care about. I don't see how a game would prove to be too much different if you are emotionally invested.

Also those comments Eurogamer are the most putrid vile uninformed bullshit I have read in a long time. >.>

quick question. If I were to buy a digital copy while I wait for UPS to deliver my CE can I upgrade the key later today?

You're going to spend $60 extra to play the game a few hours early? Why? Donate the money to charity if you can spend it that goddamn willy-nilly.

Ok, Yoshi didnt answer and my work is already suffering anyway :p

FOR THOSE PLAYING - ANY GOOD BARB TIPS?

Does playing with some skill has made you look differently at it (for better or worse)?

Thank you for keep feeding my hype. :)

Entropia

No One Remembers
Played for like 20 minutes on my Witch Doctor before work this morning. It was pretty fun already! Can't wait to get home tonight and play it more.

scy

Probably answered but I just started, why can my monk hold weapons? What do they do if he just punches?

They still are used for all their damage calculations. I think Blizzard has said they're working on adding animations to the Monk attacks to show the weapons being used.

Fugu

So, I just finished Act I on hardcore, and before I take a nap I thought I'd share some impressions of what it's been like going into the game with one life completely blindfolded. Spoilers up until the beginning of Act II, you've been warned.

Had it not been for a barbarian unscrupulously being killed by one, I would not have known that the pods that the big trees shoot out do LOTS of damage. Truly terrifying.

However, nothing could prepare me for the paralysing fear that is the Butcher. "Okay, the floor's on fire. I have to move when it turns red. Okay, when he meat hooks you, you're going to get hurt really bad. Okay, don't stand near him if you like living." It's a large amount of time to be completely on edge, holy smokes.

I haven't died yet, and I feel pretty good about Act II.

Uh... you can do this if you'd like, but dude really? If you are already up and its early enough in the morning where you are you can call your local UPS or FedEX headquarters to hold it there so you can go pick it up yourself.

Cirdan

Neo Member
Didn't start until today due to the GW2 stress test last night. Just beat the skeleton king quickly now and went to add most of the euro gaffers on the list for starters. Might as well make most of the always online nature side.

Mohonky

So whats performance like? Blizzard games are usually not very resource hungry. Will an i7 920 + 6gb DDR3 and GTX570 get me max setting at 1080p?

MajorPain

The thing is that the "Right price" will be 60$ for a LOOONNGGGG time. They have no reason to lower the price for a couple of years at least... SC2 is still full price and D2 is still 20$+ 20$ for the expac.

Isn't it $10 for D2 and $10 for the expansion direct from Blizzard's website?

Onemic

I should have just gotten this game retail. Got it online 5 days ago and I've had to redownload the damn thing 3 times to get it working. It finally finished today and is now installing :/

zlatko

Banned
I thought the work day wouldn't feel so bad having to play, but it dawns on me I only got like 1 minute if that of NEW content altogether, and I basically just rehashed the beta.

FML ; ;

ultron87

Damn you work day! *shakes fist*

Damn GAF. This will be the first game I bought on launch where I didn't even get to play it before OT2 started.

So whats performance like? Blizzard games are usually not very resource hungry. Will an i7 920 + 6gb DDR3 and GTX570 get me max setting at 1080p?

My video card.

I'm playing using that cheapo card at a 1920x1200 res with everything maxed out. It's running as smooth as silk with no framerate drop. =)

edit: Seriously. How do I get back to town?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom