• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Random Human
They were trying to grab your prize. They work for the mercenary. The masked man.
(10-13-2017, 10:36 PM)
Tonton
(10-13-2017, 10:38 PM)

Originally Posted by jshackles

It's amazing how much better this looks when you take that huge "Visit store page" button and actually just make the name of the game clickable in wishlists.

Ultimately I'm just making more room to add actually useful functionality there going forward.

This is great but it'll be hard getting used to it after so long with the alternative

Only issue I really have is I see no Zwei: II on that wishlist
Teggy
(10-13-2017, 10:39 PM)

Originally Posted by Tizoc

Still enjoying Middle Earth 2 even though I've mainly been going around getting collectables before doing main missions.
I think I've made Talion strong enough to take on most captains in this game since i unlocked the stun to rapid sword attack now.

The ice one? That one is good.

Oops I bought TEW2 before I finished MESOW.
Annubis
(10-13-2017, 10:39 PM)

Originally Posted by Dessart

IGN now owns Humble Bundle.

Doritos and Mountain Dew bundle when?
Monooboe
(10-13-2017, 10:40 PM)
Oh man, Humble was the only place I got bundles from, for the last year or something. Also been buying more and more new games from them, that 10% off is pretty sweet.

So, best case, they have a lot more weight behind them to secure better bundles.

So what's the worst case?
Tizoc
(10-13-2017, 10:42 PM)
BTW do you think PS2 emulation will get farther ahead in coming months? PS3 emulation is progressing quite well, but it seems some PS2 games still aren't properly emulated.

Originally Posted by Teggy

The ice one? That one is good.

Oops I bought TEW2 before I finished MESOW.

Yup, in this game it seems they renamed it into an ice attack. One thing I found hilarious was that the ground punch special attack can now BURN enemies. This can be disadvantegous in case an enemy captain isn't weak to it :P
prudislav
(10-13-2017, 10:45 PM)

Originally Posted by Annubis

Doritos and Mountain Dew bundle when?

twitter already got you covered

meanwhile at Devolver
KainXVIII
(10-13-2017, 10:46 PM)

Originally Posted by Tizoc

BTW do you think PS2 emulation will get farther ahead in coming months? PS3 emulation is progressing quite well, but it seems some PS2 games still aren't properly emulated.

Judging by updates - not any time soon =( Maybe devs should start Patreon campaign on something..
sixteen-bit
(10-13-2017, 10:46 PM)

Originally Posted by prudislav

meanwhile at Devolver

bring back demo discs
oipic
(10-13-2017, 10:50 PM)

Originally Posted by Monooboe

Being snapped up by a multi-national publicly-traded company tends to change priorities somewhat - you're now accountable to shareholders, obviously, and typically driven predominantly by profit.

I don't particularly see strong synergies here - IGN/Ziff Davis slap links on their pages that link directly to the Humble store, driving sales, while Humble benefits from IGN's marketing push? Is that it? Perhaps J2 see an opportunity to bring the running of Humble in-house and do so more cheaply with their resources while increasing profits? I dunno... will be very interesting to see how this plays out, and to see if the charity aspect that has been synonymous with Humble is maintained long-term.
thesaucetastic
(10-13-2017, 10:54 PM)
I wonder if they'll build in their tip into every bundle now (so you no longer have the option to not give it to them).
Chance Hale
(10-13-2017, 10:56 PM)
Been out of state nearly a month due to a family health crisis and my backlog is going to be through the roof when I get back in a week. No time with work ;-; (theyíre getting better at least)

Anyone played the Overgrowth story mode? Surprisingly the one Iím most excited for, the combat is so different and brutal and Iím hoping itís longer than the first game.
HP_Wuvcraft
Banned
(10-13-2017, 10:59 PM)

Originally Posted by Knurek

Just a question of time before some Chinese media company buys out Valve.

Gaben, Traitor to the Human Race.
Doomedfool
(10-13-2017, 11:02 PM)
[QUOTE=prudislav;251937368]twitter already got you covered

That's a nice bundle for a dollar. I'm in!
Monooboe
(10-13-2017, 11:10 PM)

Originally Posted by oipic

Being snapped up by a multi-national publicly-traded company tends to change priorities somewhat - you're now accountable to shareholders, obviously, and typically driven predominantly by profit.

I don't particularly see strong synergies here - IGN/Ziff Davis slap links on their pages that link directly to the Humble store, driving sales, while Humble benefits from IGN's marketing push? Is that it? Perhaps J2 see an opportunity to bring the running of Humble in-house and do so more cheaply with their resources while increasing profits? I dunno... will be very interesting to see how this plays out, and to see if the charity aspect that has been synonymous with Humble is maintained long-term.

Yeah I can see how being forces to concentrate much more on profit is going to shift the mindset over at humble. While charity hasn't been so much in focus it was always still a huge part of everything humble, so one downside I can see is IGN "encouraging" which charities to be available.
dex3108
(10-13-2017, 11:11 PM)
I did one bundle too XD

GhostTrick
(10-13-2017, 11:15 PM)
So, Megaton Rainfall was supposed to come out September 26th on PS4 and then October 26th on Steam.
But the PS4 version was delayed to October 17th... And now the Steam version is delayed to November 17th.
I guess it's another case of money hat. Dev said they were on contract with Sony in an interview.
Dessart
(10-13-2017, 11:22 PM)

Originally Posted by sixteen-bit

bring back demo discs

I can totally see Devolver making Demo Discs.
Baron von Loathsome
(10-13-2017, 11:25 PM)

Originally Posted by dex3108

I did one bundle too XD

This bundle has too much water.
Deques
(10-13-2017, 11:29 PM)
I really hope that Humble continues to be good, and not the other way around
Ladekabel
(10-13-2017, 11:41 PM)
Anyone played Juanito Arcade Mayhem? Looks interesting and I like their Donkey Kong design.
Coreda
(10-13-2017, 11:41 PM)
Thought I'd mention this also here since I believe some were interested in the game like me in the past. Tower 57 is finally being released "soon." Also on GOG.

xist
(10-13-2017, 11:45 PM)

Originally Posted by Coreda

Thought I'd mention this also here since I believe some were interested in the game like me in the past. Tower 57 is finally being released "soon." Also on GOG.

That looks just like The Chaos Engine.
Vlad
(10-13-2017, 11:45 PM)

Originally Posted by Monooboe

Oh man, Humble was the only place I got bundles from, for the last year or something. Also been buying more and more new games from them, that 10% off is pretty sweet.

So, best case, they have a lot more weight behind them to secure better bundles.

I used to check IndieGala and Bundlestars a few times a week for new bundles, but they both kind of dried up, so yeah, I'm right there with you as far as Humble being the last bundle site I'm really interested in.

I can't think of any specific examples off the top of my head, but there's just the feeling that whenever a buyout like this happens, it's never for the better.
rtcn63
(10-13-2017, 11:48 PM)

Originally Posted by dex3108

I did one bundle too XD

How much to get the IGN logo on my box cover?
dex3108
(10-13-2017, 11:49 PM)

Originally Posted by rtcn63

How much to get the IGN logo on my box cover?

Come next week to see additional content. :D
Nzyme32
(10-13-2017, 11:50 PM)
On the Humble topic, this quote is a telling one, at least to me:

"Because of the shared vision and overlap of our customer bases, there’s going to be a lot of opportunities."

Is there really that much of an overlap? I know of very few PC folk that are keen on IGN. Of course this is an "opportunity" to expose those people to IGN when they otherwise would avoid it, and of course the Doritos meme is here, but I really wouldn't be surprised to see these kind deals infect the bundles and store moving into the future.

I expect nothing less than this with additional Doritos
JaseC
gave away the keys to the kingdom.
(10-13-2017, 11:54 PM)
South Park pre-load finally went live 2.5ish hours ago. 20GB install/15.8GB download.
Nzyme32
(10-13-2017, 11:57 PM)

Originally Posted by JaseC

South Park pre-load finally went live 2.5ish hours ago. 20GB install/15.8GB download.

Nice...but bad times. I'm sending my mobo away and gained one of the of the new Intel mobos, so I can't use the thing till November or whenever the 8th series of processors launch in the UK.
Jawmuncher
(10-14-2017, 12:05 AM)
South Park is a straight Ubisoft game now right? So retail codes are uplay? Just recall how odd SoT was since you could buy the game on Uplay and still get a steam key (thatís how I got it when it included Lara Croft)
Hektor
(10-14-2017, 12:07 AM)

Originally Posted by Jawmuncher

South Park is a straight Ubisoft game now right? So retail codes are uplay? Just recall how odd SoT was since you could buy the game on Uplay and still get a steam key (thatís how I got it when it included Lara Croft)

Yep.

I think the reason it was different for the first game was because THQ already sold steamkeys before the game was sold out to Ubi, but i might be mistaken
Abomination
(10-14-2017, 12:07 AM)

RIP Humble. Nobody wants this.
septicore
(10-14-2017, 12:12 AM)

After reading the article, it doesn't seem that bad. They said they're not changing anything with Humble Bundle and leaving it as it is.
Nabs
(10-14-2017, 12:12 AM)

Originally Posted by septicore

After reading the article, it doesn't seem that bad. They said they're not changing anything with Humble Bundle and leaving it as it is.

That's what they're supposed to say.
TheLetdown
(10-14-2017, 12:19 AM)
I just pulled the trigger on a year of Humble Monthly, since I've picked up every one so far minus one, and regretted it hard when I missed it.

And now this. Considering a refund to go back to monthly so I can bail when the fuckery begins.
Teggy
(10-14-2017, 12:26 AM)
I hope Agents of Mayhem shows up in Humble soon. Seems likely.
Jawmuncher
(10-14-2017, 12:32 AM)

Originally Posted by Teggy

I hope Agents of Mayhem shows up in Humble soon. Seems likely.

Only thing which is kinda preventing me from buying it. Fully expect a $15 humble tier with it
Arulan
(10-14-2017, 12:34 AM)

Originally Posted by septicore

Said just about every company to ever purchase another.
Creamium
shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
(10-14-2017, 12:36 AM)
At the final boss of Momodora IV, pretty tough fight but I'll get it tomorrow. Wonderful game. Each area felt unique and you move through them at a brisk pace. Took me 5 hours to reach the final boss and that felt like the perfect length. Really enjoyed my time with it.

Originally Posted by FeedMeAStrayCat

Currently playing through Hellblade...

LOVE IT!

That's the entirety of my impressions.

Oh wait, it also runs surprisingly well on my Alienware Steam Machine!

Hellblade seems to resonate with so many people, but I was in the minority that didn't care for it at all. I get that story and narrative is the main focus, but the gameplay itself was very repetitive, from the combat to the puzzles. And if I'm honest even the story didn't do that much for me. I was glad to be done.
cyba89
(10-14-2017, 12:50 AM)
Maybe there will be less anime bundles now. That would be a good thing.
GoldandBlue
(10-14-2017, 01:03 AM)
Glad I didn't pull the trigger on the yearly monthly. I'm not gonna cancel my sub but the moment they include something in a Monthly Bundle like a months subscription to IGN Prime I'm out.
Ibuki
Banned
(10-14-2017, 01:46 AM)

Originally Posted by cyba89

KenOD
a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
(10-14-2017, 02:06 AM)

Originally Posted by cyba89

Nah, just more Dragon Ball, Yugioh, and whatever other anime advertises on IGN and they want to push.
rybrad
(10-14-2017, 02:12 AM)
Is there a good way to bulk list trading cards on the market for lazy people like me? I stopped using Steam Inventory Helper after the permissions change and have a bunch in my inventory I really don't want to manually list.
TetraxShards
(10-14-2017, 02:15 AM)

Originally Posted by KenOD

Nah, just more Dragon Ball, Yugioh, and whatever other anime advertises on IGN and they want to push.

5 INSANE MY HERO ACADEMIA THEORIES THE CREATORS DON'T WANT YOU TO KNOW

Many, many red arrows.
Anno
(10-14-2017, 02:31 AM)
I'm pretty sure that no game will ever be as epic at its peak as Total War: Warhammer can be.
Sarcasm
(10-14-2017, 02:46 AM)

Originally Posted by rybrad

Is there a good way to bulk list trading cards on the market for lazy people like me? I stopped using Steam Inventory Helper after the permissions change and have a bunch in my inventory I really don't want to manually list.

Tapermonkey - Steam Economy Enhancer
Rayge
(10-14-2017, 02:48 AM)
Holy shit finally got rid of Chromatic Aberration (color fringe) in Marvel vs. Capcom. I can finally play it without throwing up now.
Nabs
(10-14-2017, 02:49 AM)
It looks so much nicer without it
Grief.exe
Don't stop believin'~~~ hold on to the feeling
(10-14-2017, 02:50 AM)

Originally Posted by Rayge

Holy shit finally got rid of Chromatic Aberration (color fringe) in Marvel vs. Capcom. I can finally play it without throwing up now.

Should show before/after shots.