• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |eSports| 4444 Life

vulva

Oh Vulva hates it it must be good. I could probably spare some time this weekend to go see it.

If you like a half assed attempt at showing the strain of war and the collective British identity during the war mixed with really hokey and corny character stories that try to give emotional depth to a piece that really didn't need it, by all means go nuts.

I am 50-50 about Abigail, I feel like his moves could've looked better, and he didn't really need to be a giant, but then again, I can't think of the last fighter that added a giant sized character to their roster outside of say Kum in GG Xrd, so that does make him stand out a little.

I think the concept is OK but the way they went about it could've been better.

Aganos from Killer Instinct? I think he's even bigger than Abigail.

If you like a half assed attempt at showing the strain of war and the collective British identity during the war mixed with really hokey and corny character stories that try to give emotional depth to a piece that really didn't need it, by all means go nuts.

so it's the british version of Pearl Harbor?

vulva

so it's the british version of Pearl Harbor?

Never saw Pearl Harbour but I'm assuming it was more overtly dramatic while Dunkirk had unnecessary emotional moments just tossed in between an otherwise narrativeless piece. So those forced moments of emotional strain sprinkled in there stood out like a sore thumb.

Never saw Pearl Harbour but I'm assuming it was more overtly dramatic while Dunkirk had unnecessary emotional moments just tossed in between an otherwise narrativeless piece. So those forced moments of emotional strain sprinkled in there stood out like a sore thumb.

It was a Micheal Bay directed movie about a love triangle with the backdrop of the attack on Pearl Harbor as its setting. So you're not far off.

Cuba Gooding Jr. was pretty good in if I remember right.

CO_Andy

Figured out why Chun Li's new face design looked so familiar to me.
i can't imagine Japan is thrilled with Chun's butter face. desecrating a waifu seems like the worst offense you can commit

6D9UHsm.jpg

Dahbomb

Dunkirk has very little emotional/character moments compared to Pearl Harbor (hell that's the main issue people took with Dunkirk, not enough emotion on the characters as well as back story).

Pearl Harbor is a shit ton of shitty love triangle and character back story before the actual event. It's just a bad movie all around.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
EMP is still around but they are basically nothing. Only person competing is KDZ. I think Punk joining EMP would raise his heel status even higher. Imagine Triforce walking with him in intros and stuff.

EMP is still around but they are basically nothing. Only person competing is KDZ. I think Punk joining EMP would raise his heel status even higher. Imagine Triforce walking with him in intros and stuff.

not really, it would just make people think Punk is an idiot

by now anyone who willingly works with triforce has to be getting blackmailed or something, because nobody with a functioning brain would willingly let him take a piece of their pie in 2017

Dunkirk was a good movie but it's no saving Private Ryan or apocalypse now. People hyping it up as "best war movie ever" because Chris Nolan made it. Hell it's not even on Platoon level.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
NLBC is live. Looks like people are there for DFN.

Starting to get annoyed with the ads. Literally seeing like 6 or 7 in a row.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
His name is Kintaro, he's a service dog. He's the mascot of NLBC. And he doesn't give Yipes or Art the time of day.

Anne

I thought Akatsuki was fixed :/

He is fixed. People said he was like S tier in UNIST, but that's never really been that true. He kinda flirted with high tier and ended up being upper mid in most lists after the dust settled. The console version is on a new patch, 3.20, which is also out in arcades and has been for about a month now. In that version they didn't nerf anybody, but they gave a lot of the low and mid tiers some buffs. Akatsuki didn't really get many buffs because he was fine as is, he just got a few new nice things.

Most people prolly still think Akatsuki is mid after all this. The tiers are really compact and there is a large mid tier. Senaru seems to think Akatsuki is on the lower end, but even then he's totally fine to play. He is hopping on the "Enkidu seems bad" bandwagon that a lot of JP players are on about though.

This ver is a month old anyways. Will take some time to settle down, but that impression seems about what people expected after the 3.20 patch. The game before was pretty well balanced, there was just some pain in the low tiers. It seems pretty well balanced across the board for the console patch.

Line_HTX

Yeah, I'm kind of bummed it was not called Fighting Layer EX.

But damn, I have mad respect for them preparing to take losses because they want to make a game again.

Numb

Does Hong Kong Unielatest got English text?
Lots of games usually do from Asia before being released elsewhere western. I wouldn't mind but that tutorial is looking dope

Essay

Does Hong Kong Unielatest got English text?
Lots of games usually do from Asia before being released elsewhere western. I wouldn't mind but that tutorial is looking dope

It does not. I've been patching what I can together from community translations and the Google Translate app's live camera translation mode.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Just noticed that SF5 now has a "Random Stage Settings" option that lets you prevent specific stages from showing up when you pick random select (e.g. Da Beech).

How long has that been a thing?

Just noticed that SF5 now has a "Random Stage Settings" option that lets you prevent specific stages from showing up when you pick random select (e.g. Da Beech).

How long has that been a thing?

Either last update (Ed release) or the one before that. Maybe 3-4 months now if I had to estimate.

shaowebb

Man I hope the training mode in Dragonball Fighter Z is simply called "The Hyperbolic Time Chamber" instead of just calling it "Training mode". Be so dope to see that listed and then have that place as your default training mode stage.

Top Bottom