• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT2| Fractured but Ox

Syder

Yooooooooooooooooooo!

EpMZOKu.gif

Kyoufu

What happened to Real Madrid? I thought Barca were the ones in crisis this time. I thought Real Madrid were too powerful now? Does Ronaldo carry them that much?

Messi

What happened to Real Madrid? I thought Barca were the ones in crisis this time. I thought Real Madrid were too powerful now? Does Ronaldo carry them that much?

Ha, Ronaldo was back tonight after his 5 match ban. It was essentially a full strength squad. They got really unlucky tonight, hitting the posts ect and a keeper having the game of his life. Also Zidane made some questionable subs and tactical changes towards the end that left real very exposed at the back.

7 Points up on Los Blancos after 5 games?

giphy.gif

santi_yo

Ha, Ronaldo was back tonight after his 5 match ban. It was essentially a full strength squad. They got really unlucky tonight, hitting the posts ect and a keeper having the game of his life. Also Zidane made some questionable subs and tactical changes towards the end that left real very exposed at the back.

Also, Real Betis scored a goal. Call me crazy, but I think that's the most decisive thing that happened in the game.

They've won a lot, which eases the mind a bit and generally happens. A big reason why teams never repeat in CL for example (sans Madrid)

I'm enjoying them losing though.

Blablurn

Carlos Tévez to French media: "Chinese players are not naturally skilled like South-American or European players. Like players who learned football when they were kids. They're not good. [... ] Even in 50 years they still won't be able to compete."

DBT85

Carlos Tévez to French media: "Chinese players are not naturally skilled like South-American or European players. Like players who learned football when they were kids. They're not good. [... ] Even in 50 years they still won't be able to compete."

Errryone knows that football skill is passed through dna, like being a muggle.

Dumb statement to make. With the amount Chinese teams are spending and the pool of people to pick from, Chinese players will be great before too long. It's not like Americans who prefer hitting each other sports.

Timbuktu

Errryone knows that football skill is passed through dna, like being a muggle.

Dumb statement to make. With the amount Chinese teams are spending and the pool of people to pick from, Chinese players will be great before too long. It's not like Americans who prefer hitting each other sports.

It might take a while, I'm not sure the coaching is really there yet at youth level or if the system is mature enough to identify and filter through talent. The first great Chinese football player would be massive though. And I don't mean Ronaldo/Messi great, just good enough to play at top level at do what Yao did for the sport.

I would gladly take him at bayern as a secondary striker to lewandowski if he‘s reasonably cheap.

Not going to happen though
Cmon mate. Cavani is fighting with Neymar (even though he's right) about taking pens, imagine how he will feel being benched in every major game. He also probably has wages that would make him Bayern's 3rd most expensive player behind Lewy/Muller.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
OFFICIAL: Atletico have agreed terms to sign Diego Costa from Chelsea.

The deal is pending a medical & personal terms being agreed.

Apparently Sampson slept with a few Bristol players 16yrs and up. Also did other sexual stuff to a few more.

Good grief.

I wonder if his team selection was down to who complied or not. What a creepy little cunt.

I bet all those players who ran to celebrate with him the other night feel like idiots now.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Weird.

I was in the beta for FIFA 18 and thought it was miles better than FIFA 17. The players actually had a weight to them.

In the demo too. And speed was different based on the skills of each player. I will try tonight the full game (via Origin Access trial) and see if this is kept in there.

Top Bottom