• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF | Interim Thread 7

Wtf, Maia being passed up by Masvidal? Woodley to fight Masvidal rather than the guy who just beat him, Maia? Wholly shit this news just ruined my day.

If Conor's legit making $100 mil, UFC would be better off stripping him now because there's no fucking chance he ever comes back

ed: Pacquiao/Floyd cost $100 PPV on HD, I could easily see that being the price for this on standard def

zewone

Wtf, Maia being passed up by Masvidal? Woodley to fight Masvidal rather than the guy who just beat him, Maia? Wholly shit this news just ruined my day.

If this is true, I don't know how much value I can put into rankings anymore, including champions.

WME has really embraced the sports entertainment aspect of the UFC. Really makes me care less about the sport/UFC.

Chumley

Banned

What the hell are you talking about? Link? The Conor news is taking over everything else MMA right now and I haven't seen this reported yet.

If this is true, I don't know how much value I can put into rankings anymore, including champions.

WME has really embraced the sports entertainment aspect of the UFC. Really makes me care less about the sport/UFC.

What the hell are you talking about? Link? The Conor news is taking over everything else MMA right now and I haven't seen this reported yet.

Rumors. First a rumor that Maia declined the fight. Then a rumor about Masvidal getting the fight.

FUME5

https://twitter.com/demianmaia/status/875058467609903106

Maybe he will be up for 214.

The UFC's 170-pound kingpin has agreed to fight Maia, according to Damon Martin of FOX Sports, and he doesn't want it to be the main event of a card. Instead, Woodley would prefer this fight take place on the undercard of UFC 214 — which has a main event set in Daniel Cormier-Jon Jones II.

Maybe not, what the fuck type of logic is that from Woodley (if not a tacit statement that he admits he doesn't draw), you don't have a championship fight on an undercard.

Fox318

Maybe not, what the fuck type of logic is that from Woodley (if not a tacit statement that he admits he doesn't draw), you don't have a championship fight on an undercard.
After that last fight Woodley knows he isn't a draw and he's terrified of getting stick with somebody like Mia who isn't gonna do a carny promotion of the fight.

You don't get to play it safe for 4 rounds and pump your chest like you are the most entertaining fighter to watch.

After that last fight Woodley knows he isn't a draw and he's terrified of getting stick with somebody like Mia who isn't gonna do a carny promotion of the fight.

You don't get to play it safe for 4 rounds and pump your chest like you are the most entertaining fighter to watch.

I prefer that logic to MM's logic of "You're not pushing me enough! And I don't want points, I want more pay upfront! And it has to be against someone who draws better than I do!"

044a76b948814e7b1d2d56047e43e772.jpg

broz0rs

This is not confirmed yet, but it's certain Floyd's going to make Conor wear 10 oz Winning gloves, which are considered the most soft, padded gloves on the market.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
Fight is going to be an embarrassment for the UFC.

They never should have let him fight.

In before mind games, he's putting out media to make him look bad and Floyd complacent and get the betting lines on his side.

Syder

Fight is going to be an embarrassment for the UFC.

They never should have let him fight.
It's more embarrassing for boxing, IMO. People who buy this PPV are going to be so pissed off after the main event.

(It's their own fault for paying for it)

It's more embarrassing for boxing, IMO. People who buy this PPV are going to be so pissed off after the main event.

(It's their own fault for paying for it)

Boxing fans that buy it will eat it up as even the concept of such a fight makes it "My Sport vs. Your Sport."

Syder

Boxing fans that buy it will eat it up as even the concept of such a fight makes it "My Sport vs. Your Sport."
The May v McG thread has some MMA idiots and some boxing idiots. I consider it a microcosm of both fan bases; there are dumbasses that will fork over the $100 to watch this shambles.

Good thing for us is we won't have to pay to watch the press conferences which will be the most interesting stuff to come out of this.

Enough about that freak show boxing match, just for a minute at least.

Cris Cyborg vs. Megan Anderson is set for UFC 214 as a Fedderweight Championship Match

After weeks of drama, the UFC is getting ready to finally move on with its women's featherweight division, and they are doing so in a big way.

The promotion is close to officially booking Cris ”Cyborg" Justino vs. Megan Anderson for the 145-pound title at UFC 214 on July 29 in Anaheim, Calif., MMA Fighting has learned. If all goes according to plan, the UFC is expected to announce the highly-anticipated fight in the coming days.

Germaine de Randamie's Twitter page, as of posting time:

DCfnIKOV0AAZP_Z.jpg

No mention of being UFC Women's Featherweight Champ. Like it never even happened, lol

I wish it hadn't.

brentech

b b b bu but I thought the UFC was intentionally holding Cyborg back from a 145 tittle.

A division they opened explicitly for her. No one complains more than Cyborg.

Guru-Guru

Banned
There's a fight card today brehs
And Singapore is 1 hour timezone difference from Japan so I can actually watch it in the evening. I'm expecting some bad MMA this event, but fuck it, might as well watch the last event before my fight pass expires...Don't think I will renew it.

What was Randamies problem anyway? HOw can she decline her champions purse like that? She should have fought Cyborg.

BUT Megan baby is even better. Please dont die Megan! I love you!

VoxPop

I find it weird that anyone is scared to engage without bethe who has no power or reach or striking. Holly a boxer literally has thrown zero punches in he first round lol.

Top Bottom