• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official PS3 BT Headset and PSP GPS Unit details

n1n9tean

Banned
hauton said:
Personally, I've never understood blowing $300 on a GPS.

What, with my ability to read a freaking map.

But if this is ~$100 I might snatch it up for travels.
You have the coolest "snakified" (or is it "solidified?" :lol) avatar I've seen. :D It blends so well.

Superman00

Liverpool01
hauton said:

Uh, it's convenient plus you don't have to carry a bunch of maps. Maps can't pinpoint your exact location either. Why use a calculator when you got your brain?

De-mon

LRB1983 said:
b5hduh.gif

Perrea, perrea!
The louise-louise mogollón mole,
What dance in China and also in Alcorcón.
Dale louise-louise this brunette,
Louise-that puts very tontita louise!
We danced Rajoy,
It danced Hugo Chavez,
It danced Zapatero,
My jackman, and your sabeh!
What the Brothers dance,
What dances my brother,
What my mulatto danced with the panties in his hand!

And louise-louise danced as follows:
1! THE BREIKINDANCE!
2! THE CRUSAÍTO
3! THE MAIQUEL YASON
4! THE ROBOCOP!

Dance Chiqui-Chiqui,
Chiqui Chiqui-dancing,
What dance and the heavys also frikis!

We dance in jail, dancing at school,
What my mother danced and also my grandmother!

Lo sings the tiger puma with his striped suit
And Juan Carlos tells him: Why not you callas?
In the wake of Father Damien,
Louise-louise put the dead and to dance!

And louise-louise danced as follows:
1! THE BREIKINDANCE!
2! THE CRUSAÍTO
3! THE MAIQUEL YASON
4! THE ROBOCOP!

hauton

n1n9tean said:
You have the coolest "snakified" (or is it "solidified?" :lol) avatar I've seen. :D It blends so well.
All props to this man.

IzumiK said:
You may never know when the evil Mapasaurus will appear!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KL3ccJDplzs
Haha, I loved that Superbowl commercial.

But I can fold, thank you.

Still, like I said, it would be convenient not to have a glove box full of maps. I just think $300 or whatever is too much for something I would usually have no use for.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
hauton said:

Don't forget monthly fees

Raistlin

hauton said:

For complex city driving, a map is all that great if you don't have a navigator.

Raistlin

Hcoregamer00 said:
Oh, I didn't know that.

I thought GPS had monthly fees.

Well, I guess I am getting the PSP GPS.

It matters what service you go through.

For example, my phone has GPS that works with GoogleMaps. Works great and is free.

However, if I want voice navigation, I need to pay for the service. I'm curious to know how this will work.

RoH

I am sold on the head set! I'm a blue tooth headset whore! and its only $50!!! I have to get the online Version of Socom too, disks are so 2000's...

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
This is good news, even though most people who will be playing Socom (past the first month anyway) will be using a Mic.

I hope the Socom bundle includes a Blu-Ray case inside of the plastic box though.

h3ro

Ermac said:
I hope the Socom bundle includes a Blu-Ray case inside of the plastic box though.

If you mean a BD case inside the box that the bundle of the game and headset comes in, then yeah, it probably will, as that is the setup they used for Wowhawk.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
n1n9tean said:
Exactly. I read Kagamari's (I think that was the name of the user) post saying that it would be $70 and I had no problem with that. But, this is beautiful.

;) I was right.

And I did post in the socom thread before that it was $49.99 for the headset or $69.99 for the socom bundle with it.

hauton said:

sorry, but using a GPS rapes and pillages maps any day of the week. at work we used maps for years, and switched to a GPS system a few years ago. night and fucking day. night and fucking day. night and fucking day. even on the rare occasions where there's a huge storm and we can't get a GPS lock, having the GPS step by step directions listed beats a map.

steve

Banned
I used my GPS on a trip to LA about a month ago... wow, dunno how I ever managed without one, seriously. It told me every damn turn I had to make, I never once got lost in LA. Never thought that was even possible.

GPS FTW.

h3ro

acabado said:
The HS is so sexy! But so espensive!

I blame MS for setting the precedent with their prices on accessories. Their headset also goes for $49.99.

Hopefully, like the XBL headset, we'll be able to pick it up for much cheaper based on deals and such.
im such a CAG

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
h3ro said:
I blame MS for setting the precedent with their prices on accessories. Their headset also goes for $49.99.

Hopefully, like the XBL headset, we'll be able to pick it up for much cheaper based on deals and such.
im such a CAG

Pretty much :/

DJ GT-S

Banned
The GPS is 60 bucks at play asia. I'd say, if it's higher than 75 when released here, it's going to be a ripoff.

Darkpen

Banned
god dammit, and i picked up that stupid Warhawk bundle for the $20 BT headset, too. Fuck, now they come out with an OFFICIAL one?

God dammit. I'll probably end up picking both of these up. Lord knows I need a GPS system.

grendelrt

I will be getting the new headset for the simple fact it has a mute button. My current Jabra does not and it is very annoying. Bundle FTW!

el Diablo

Banned
Headset looks good, mute button is large and the power button is the right size. Hopefully the volume adjustment buttons are functional and the sound quality is pretty good. Price is a little high but it'll be worth it if the headset will be hassle and problem free. You figure if it's the "official" one from Sony they're going to make sure the damn thing works perfectly with the PS3 and any problems that do arise will be taken care of in some kind of update. Would be more unwanted bad press for their "official" headset to not be perfect seeing as it was designed specifically for the PS3 heh.

h3ro said:

im such a CAG
actually, the MSRP on that is $59.99

Dot50Cal

Banned
Does anyone know if you can mark locations on the GPS and have the PSP save/remember them even when you shut down? If so, insta-buy!

clav

Does the PSP GPS unit work on Fats?

If not, this PSP is going on Ebay and never coming back, and I'm not getting a slim either.

Someone said the Euro version does.

knee

I'll be buying the Socom bundle, even if it comes w/ the Jabra instead of the Sony Bluetooth Headset. I just prefer a hard copy. :)

gcubed

HaloFans said:
Does the PSP GPS unit work on Fats?

If not, this PSP is going on Ebay and never coming back, and I'm not getting a slim either.

Someone said the Euro version does.

yes it does, its just usb. The only thing that doesnt work on a fat is skype...

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
DJ GT-S said:
The GPS is 60 bucks at play asia. I'd say, if it's higher than 75 when released here, it's going to be a ripoff.

it says targeted at under 149.99 for the US.

Top Bottom