• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Girl-Gaf - A thread for girls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's also the fact I can't really be too feminine right now. Even if my mom knew I have a job :/

There are a lot of cute short cuts out there that are feminine but not overly so. Something like this might work, perhaps.
286093_f520.jpg

Kisaya

I'm contemplating as well on whether or not I should chop off all my hair this summer... but I'm being told I should keep it long this year >_< Always wished I could pull off a pixie or bobcut though :(

That's me right now ;.;

It looks nice short, it looks nice long. It does not look nice in awkward middle stage.

The awkward middle stage is good if you can rock the 70s look, or manage a flip-the-ends-out wavy-kind of style.

If your hair has no natural volume, but is uber thick like mine? The awkward growing-out stage is a really, really long one.

I'm wondering if I should cut my hair as well. I could never go that short, but I could definitely stand to lose a few inches since it's right about to my bra strap. It's just difficult to find something I could reasonably style on my own that still looks professional. blah.

So I'm going to have to narrow down the variables but there are times when I can't smell Timedog's BO and this is when he hasn't showered or applied deodorant at all that day.

CleverGirl

Neo Member
Do guys still creep here? Honestly I'm fine with it if it helps them to realize that girls are regular people and not enigmatic unicorns.

Given the views it seems a lot of people look but don't post. For whatever reason I find that more creepy than just sayin' "hey what's up."

It's possible that it's because, and I'm not trying to throw blame here, it's called "GirlGAF." And with the earlier mod presence and the bannings that were handed out, for whatever reason, people are much less inclined to post.

I don't see the problem, personally. But then again, I haven't been asked to stop posting so I must be doing something right. *shrug*

Samara

With a heat like this, I just had to use a man's deodorant. I'm sorry but those frilly watermelon scented crap will just not cut it.

And men's deodorant commercials are way better than women's.

RIP girl-gaf1 ;.;

With a heat like this, I just had to use a man's deodorant. I'm sorry but those frilly watermelon scented crap will just not cut it.

I use the roll on stuff, and then put either perfume or spray on deodorant on top. Seems to work for me :D

I don't think I could wear men's D.O. It would confuse my brain. "ooh something smells sexy... oh wait its just me".

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member

Use a mineral stone:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000AN1JEI/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Unscented, keeps you from smelling bad (totally works, I notice immediately when I forget to use it), and then you can use whatever your preferred body fragrance is to smell good without it clashing with a bunch of other strong scents all over.

It's possible that it's because, and I'm not trying to throw blame here, it's called "GirlGAF." And with the earlier mod presence and the bannings that were handed out, for whatever reason, people are much less inclined to post.

I don't see the problem, personally. But then again, I haven't been asked to stop posting so I must be doing something right. *shrug*

What else would one call it though? Anyway I plan to make a op with a wide swath of topics to keep it less "female" centric but still informative. What I definitely need though is fashion oriented stuff, so if you gals got some blogs/recommendations for that and makeup please pm me.

Zoe

Maybe you should just splinter off a thread in a different direction if that's what you want. This one was created to be a haven for GirlGAF.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
The thread's heavily moderated. Nothing I can do about creepy-gaf before the fact, but problems do get addressed as they happen. That's all that can ever be done.

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
My guy always complains about how when he sweats he smells like hell and I don't smell nearly as bad as him. His shoes and socks smell like no other. My feet don't sweat as much so they don't have a bad smell, maybe slightly musty but that's normal in this weather. His though, ugh, you could use it to knock people out cold! He does eat a lot more junk than I do so that's probably why.

Eh, men's adverts aren't any better, imo. They're mostly all about being THE MAN or having girls wetting their knickers and/or falling to their knees moaning in ecstasy because of the scent they have on.

What else would one call it though? Anyway I plan to make a op with a wide swath of topics to keep it less "female" centric but still informative. What I definitely need though is fashion oriented stuff, so if you gals got some blogs/recommendations for that and makeup please pm me.

Oh, that might not end well! I kinda prefer it being somewhat female centric and not having a ton of guys come in here. I doubt I would post as much in the new one considering how these kind of topics end up when guys are given free reign...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom