• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

Yarbskoo

Considering you order these things months in advance and many many many circumstances may arise, I don't understand your point.

Emergencies are one thing of course, but after I pre-order something, I proceed from there as if that money was already spent and budget accordingly to avoid being blindsided by a bunch of payment requests I'm not prepared for. It's pretty much a necessity when I have multiple pending orders.

Lol. Just got Exia Repair III Mb. Any difference?
comparison with MB Exia/Repair III:
the first MB Exia:
MiIuHdG.jpg

10th Anniversary:
AFAT2gK.jpg

10th Anniversary also comes with Exia repair II parts which the normal MB exia does not

the names are so close so here's a rundown:
Included:
- GN-001 Exia
- GN-001REII Exia Repair II
- GN-001REIII Exia Repair III

Not included:
- GN-001RE Exia Repair

edit:
here's another picture of size comparisons between Metal Builds:
from left to right: Strike Freedom, F91, Exia (about same height as Seven Sword)
yBc7PAT.jpg

ptown

Does anybody have any good recommendations for proxy shipping services that can ship to the US?

I'm trying to buy some statue/figure from a company (HMO Collectibles, makes mainly video game related statues) based in Hong Kong I think, but they apparently don't sell nor ship to the US for some of their products due to licensing issues. If any of the proxy shipping services are located in (i.e. export from) the following countries (some of the countries that HMO does sell/ship to) then that works:

Australia
China
Germany
Hong Kong
Indonesia
Malaysia
Norway
Sweden
Switzerland
South Korea
Singapore
Taiwan
United Kingdom

I probably would have used proxy shipping service, Tenso, in Japan since I've had a good experience with them before, but unfortunately, that's not one of the countries HMO is selling/shipping to.

You never answered my question, David :(
i did but you forgot, you asked the same question a while back. didn't want to repeat myself.

here's something that might interest you.
METAL BUILD
Mazinger Z
Release date: scheduled for February 2018
Price: 21,600 yen (including tax 8%)
※ Reseller will reserve a reservation from September 29, 2017
(Availability of reservation handling depends on dealer)

NEO0MJ

i did but you forgot, you asked the same question a while back. didn't want to repeat myself.

METAL BUILD
Mazinger Z

I did? Shoot, most be going senile ;-;

And that Mazinger looks ace. Actually considering not buying Mazinkaiser and going for this instead. Hope it's not as much of a struggle as Gundam MBs.

As much as I love my Darth Maul figure, it was barebones with accessories and the joints articulate too easily and the lightsaber blades get out of alignment too easily for a $250 figure. ( I got it for $200). I love everything about the Obi-Wan Mythos figure except the $260 price tag. That’s just too much from a company that doesn’t have the track record for having quality control issues.

Bii

Damn, they hiked the prices. Super lame.

If someone wants that Tracer statue, BBTS is probably the only place that is taking them at the moment.

I've had HT Rey (Resistance Outfit) boxed for nearly 10 months and finally put her up in the display cabinet. I like her simple and clean design. I also took the time to put lights on all shelves of my Detolf. Feels good.

Artanisix

Does anybody have any good recommendations for proxy shipping services that can ship to the US?

I'm trying to buy some statue/figure from a company (HMO Collectibles, makes mainly video game related statues) based in Hong Kong I think, but they apparently don't sell nor ship to the US for some of their products due to licensing issues. If any of the proxy shipping services are located in (i.e. export from) the following countries (some of the countries that HMO does sell/ship to) then that works:

Australia
China
Germany
Hong Kong
Indonesia
Malaysia
Norway
Sweden
Switzerland
South Korea
Singapore
Taiwan
United Kingdom

I probably would have used proxy shipping service, Tenso, in Japan since I've had a good experience with them before, but unfortunately, that's not one of the countries HMO is selling/shipping to.

Are you trying to pick up Morrigan?

Borderlinx.com works IIRC. There are also some online distributors that receive stock from HMO and also sell directly to US customers (i.e. most recently with the Megaman statue), but I can't recall their names off the top of my head. I'll go look for them.

Messi

If someone wants that Tracer statue, BBTS is probably the only place that is taking them at the moment.

I've had HT Rey (Resistance Outfit) boxed for nearly 10 months and finally put her up in the display cabinet. I like her simple and clean design. I also took the time to put lights on all shelves of my Detolf. Feels good.

What lights did you use?

ptown

Are you trying to pick up Morrigan?

Yes.

Borderlinx.com works IIRC. There are also some online distributors that receive stock from HMO and also sell directly to US customers (i.e. most recently with the Megaman statue), but I can't recall their names off the top of my head. I'll go look for them.

After I found out that they won't be selling/shipping that statue to US, I figured I had to prepare and find out some way to get it (and possibly multiple ways, in case one way doesn't work).

Thanks for the help.

NEO0MJ

Yes.

After I found out that they won't be selling/shipping that statue to US, I figured I had to prepare and find out some way to get it (and possibly multiple ways, in case one way doesn't work).

Thanks for the help.

Man, prepare to pay a hefty price for the shipping.

paolo11

METAL BUILD
Mazinger Z

What website retailer? Nippon Yassan?

LiK

Mine is still boxed. But she looks great.

1upsuper

Yes.

Thanks for the help.

Why aren't they shipping the Morrigan statue to the US? Seems weird.

ptown

Man, prepare to pay a hefty price for the shipping.

I'm sure it will be absurd.

Why aren't they shipping the Morrigan statue to the US? Seems weird.

HMO says they have the Vampire/Darkstalkers license with Capcom Japan (rather than Capcom USA) which restricts them from distributing to certain countries including (but not limited to) US, Canada, and weirdly, Japan.

Top Bottom