• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

Jawmuncher
(10-08-2015, 12:45 AM)
Jawmuncher's Avatar
The real question is did he watch it?
strafer
member
(10-08-2015, 01:14 AM)
strafer's Avatar
I had a dream were I was in Jurassic Park again. It's like the 60th time now, and I can never seem to go back there automatically, it just happens certain nights. And when it rains.
Jawmuncher
(10-08-2015, 01:15 AM)
Jawmuncher's Avatar

Originally Posted by strafer

I had a dream were I was in Jurassic Park again. It's like the 60th time now, and I can never seem to go back there automatically, it just happens certain nights. And when it rains.

Have had a few of those as well out of the blue. Last one I recall I was at the JP Gas station lol.
Curler
Member
(10-08-2015, 08:18 AM)
Curler's Avatar
I have JP dreams every now and then. Had a bunch just before World came out, due to the hype. It involved me either getting early access to the movie online, or being chased somewhere by Indominus. JP hss never scared me, even as a small kid, but those dreams of getting chased were pretty scary!
HP_Wuvcraft
(10-08-2015, 08:51 AM)
HP_Wuvcraft's Avatar
Welp.

My quest to watch JW tonight ends in misery.

Never buy digital movies from Best Buy.

At least my physical copy is coming.
strafer
member
(10-08-2015, 06:49 PM)
strafer's Avatar
Even though the San Diego part in TLW is not that great I still love the score of that part.

I think Williams really nailed the score for the sequel.
Demoncarnotaur
Member
(10-08-2015, 10:04 PM)
Demoncarnotaur's Avatar
^TLW is one of Williams most underrated scores IMO. JW had a pretty nice score, but it didn't come close to the amazingness of TLW and JP.

Originally Posted by HP_Wuvcraft

Welp.

My quest to watch JW tonight ends in misery.

Never buy digital movies from Best Buy.

At least my physical copy is coming.

Oh, what happened?
Toa TAK
Ask me about Thor 2: The Darck World
(10-08-2015, 10:53 PM)
Toa TAK's Avatar
TLW is probably my favorite score of the JP series. So many awesome songs in it. JW had a great one as well, though, and I feel the new theme that was created for this new series was pretty good, even if they couldn't seem to nail it in the film (beyond the T-Rex entrance).
HP_Wuvcraft
(10-08-2015, 11:58 PM)
HP_Wuvcraft's Avatar

Originally Posted by Demoncarnotaur

Oh, what happened?

CinemaNow is a horrible website/service.
Curler
Member
(10-09-2015, 08:54 AM)
Curler's Avatar
My SO just won me a giant I-Rex crane game plush from the arcade!! I'm so happy :D Always wanted a giant plush dinosaur! Can't even find the size of this one on eBay, so it was worth the credits used to get it.

They also had the red/black prototype raptor, a blackish/green raptor, and a green t-rex I think.
Amalthea
let's dance all the way down to Jewish history-town
(10-09-2015, 11:22 AM)
Amalthea's Avatar
Reminds me of that one birthday a few years ago when I won the entire Ice Age crew from a crane machine each with only one try.

Really hope to find one that carries JW plushies.

Sadly the machines have become way to rigged and full of non-licensed crap where I live.
bengraven
Member
(10-09-2015, 11:55 AM)
bengraven's Avatar

Originally Posted by strafer

Even though the San Diego part in TLW is not that great I still love the score of that part.

I think Williams really nailed the score for the sequel.

He nailed the theme for each film to a T and then some.

Jurassic Park: the big attraction, like the world's most epic circus music, the quiet moments of wonder and awe, the underlying subtle creepiness when the music gets low and "oh it's a raptor hatching" or "there's something out there".

Lost World: big jungle adventure, King Kong inspired, running running running with quick hand drums

Originally Posted by Demoncarnotaur

It's kinda funny, if it weren't for the Aviary breach the park would have probably seen 0 visitor deaths, and remained open after the Indominus was taken care of.



I agree that the film didn't properly utilize its setting. We should have seen more of the park up and running, and then have seen more of the park fall. It would have been cool to see people chased into view exhibits like the T.rex Kingdom, or underwater viewing observatory.

It also kills me they cut the monorail attack sequence.

Yeah, I'd love to see more of the park actually slowly breaking apart. Maybe a group of tourists was attacked earlier on during the flying reptile sequence, but at a different location and we slowly reveal the magnitude by the size of the crowds being attacked.

Also I would have liked some kind of threat against the people in the safety bunker. Like I-Rex was trying to bust in there and that's the reason Claire is like "we have to risk everything to save all those people, open Paddock 9".
Last edited by bengraven; 10-09-2015 at 11:59 AM.
Jawmuncher
(10-09-2015, 01:34 PM)
Jawmuncher's Avatar
I personally just want nothing more than ingen mercs vs dinosaurs. Was happy to see a bit of that in JW. Part of the reason why I'm not big on the kid aspect of the Jurassic park franchise. I mean I get why it's there and I don't hate it like some. But the stories I would personally like to see don't really need it. Plus even as a kid I looked up to the adults. I wasn't really focusing on what the kids were doing.

Hopefully we at least see more cross media stuff for JW2. After the success in hoping merchandising is on point next time. So a new comic line and a game would be cool to see explore the stuff the movies can't/won't
Curler
Member
(10-09-2015, 07:47 PM)
Curler's Avatar

Originally Posted by Amalthea

Reminds me of that one birthday a few years ago when I won the entire Ice Age crew from a crane machine each with only one try.

Really hope to find one that carries JW plushies.

Sadly the machines have become way to rigged and full of non-licensed crap where I live.

That's awesome. Do you remember if it was a Japanese crane? Those are pretty much the only ones that aren't rigged. They still take skill and a number of tries usually, but are *possible*.

I also found the website here from where they were ordered from. Guess they didn't have the t-rex and the other coloured ones were all the raptors (so Charlie was supposed to be the red one, I guess).
Amalthea
let's dance all the way down to Jewish history-town
(10-09-2015, 07:55 PM)
Amalthea's Avatar

Originally Posted by Curler

That's awesome. Do you remember if it was a Japanese crane? Those are pretty much the only ones that aren't rigged. They still take skill and a number of tries usually, but are *possible*.

I also found the website here from where they were ordered from. Guess they didn't have the t-rex and the other coloured ones were all the raptors (so Charlie was supposed to be the red one, I guess).

I'm from Europe. Dunno if the machine was from a Japanese manufacturer. But I have noticed differences in their performance. Most obviously are restricting the directions. The last one I used even said you could pay 2 or 6 bucks but 6 didn't mean 3 tries. It just meant one try for tripple the price. Fucking scam.

And it's no fun buying them directly.
Curler
Member
(10-09-2015, 08:10 PM)
Curler's Avatar

Originally Posted by Amalthea

I'm from Europe. Dunno if the machine was from a Japanese manufacturer. But I have noticed differences in their performance. Most obviously are restricting the directions. The last one I used even said you could pay 2 or 6 bucks but 6 didn't mean 3 tries. It just meant one try for tripple the price. Fucking scam.

And it's no fun buying them directly.

Yeah it's more satisfying packing around a prize than just buying it online :) I even tried looking this morning, but eBay only lists the smaller sized ones, so makes it a more special win and more worth it if the smaller size is already going for like $30.

Japanese crane games can actually grip items, but the western machines are so loose, and will more only grip after every nth try, which is part of the scam of course. Yet, they are still able to list it as a "game of skill".



...I wish they had those pillows listed, too.
zeemumu
Member
(10-09-2015, 08:13 PM)
zeemumu's Avatar
I like the part where the dinosaur ate the guy. Subbed.
strafer
member
(10-10-2015, 12:37 AM)
strafer's Avatar

Originally Posted by bengraven

He nailed the theme for each film to a T and then some.

Jurassic Park: the big attraction, like the world's most epic circus music, the quiet moments of wonder and awe, the underlying subtle creepiness when the music gets low and "oh it's a raptor hatching" or "there's something out there".

Lost World: big jungle adventure, King Kong inspired, running running running with quick hand drums

Did you like the score for JP3? To me it felt uninspired, it felt like Jurassic Park 2.0.

That's why I love the score for Jurassic World. It felt new and fresh.

I wish Michael Giacchino had been available for JP3. And no offense to Don Davis, I think he's great.
brandonh83
Banned
(10-10-2015, 12:49 AM)
brandonh83's Avatar
I loved JP3's score. It was perfectly fine. Nice new theme, good action cues. Fit the atmosphere perfectly and still had a robust orchestral sound. Giacchino's JW score though... just fantastic.

edit: I am going to update this thread. Just been sucked into FFXIV the past week :p
edit 2: added a quote for each movie at the bottom of each section, still tinkering with ideas and graphics.
Last edited by brandonh83; 10-10-2015 at 07:42 PM.
inm8num2
Member
(10-13-2015, 06:02 PM)
inm8num2's Avatar
Honest trailer - Jurassic World
strafer
member
(10-13-2015, 06:07 PM)
strafer's Avatar

Originally Posted by brandonh83

I loved JP3's score. It was perfectly fine. Nice new theme, good action cues. Fit the atmosphere perfectly and still had a robust orchestral sound. Giacchino's JW score though... just fantastic.

edit: I am going to update this thread. Just been sucked into FFXIV the past week :p
edit 2: added a quote for each movie at the bottom of each section, still tinkering with ideas and graphics.

how about some different avatars...I always see those in OT.s
Blablurn
Member
(10-13-2015, 06:15 PM)
Blablurn's Avatar

Originally Posted by inm8num2

Honest trailer - Jurassic World

spot on lol
KevinG
Member
(10-13-2015, 08:52 PM)
KevinG's Avatar
Debating whether or not I want to keep my Blurry gift set on order. The Dueling Rex collectables look neat on the photo, but I just know they will be underwhelming in person.

$80 on Amazon, $70 at Best Buy (maybe Amazon will pricematch for me) or the basic Bluray for $19.99 with $5 Amazon gift card.

What are your plans JurassicGAF?
Toa TAK
Ask me about Thor 2: The Darck World
(10-13-2015, 09:11 PM)
Toa TAK's Avatar

Originally Posted by inm8num2

Honest trailer - Jurassic World

Yup, nailed it. All those points were raised on GAF, too.

Originally Posted by KevinG

What are your plans JurassicGAF?

Just the blu-ray for me.
Demoncarnotaur
Member
(10-14-2015, 12:50 AM)
Demoncarnotaur's Avatar
In-universe ad for the Gentle Giants Petting Zoo

It's incredibly cute, and then depressing when you remember it's not a real place.
strafer
member
(10-14-2015, 12:55 AM)
strafer's Avatar

Originally Posted by Demoncarnotaur

In-universe ad for the Gentle Giants Petting Zoo

It's incredibly cute, and then depressing when you remember it's not a real place.

In about 35 years, Jurassic Park will be real, trust me.
Curler
Member
(10-14-2015, 01:13 AM)
Curler's Avatar

Originally Posted by Demoncarnotaur

In-universe ad for the Gentle Giants Petting Zoo

It's incredibly cute, and then depressing when you remember it's not a real place.

I was really sad in the movie when the baby Trike was getting picked up by the saddle by the Pterasaurs :( Hearing that lil guy cry...

Geeze I acted like it was real cause I was legit scared for it :/ Darn fantasy movie...
judhudson
Member
(10-14-2015, 02:40 AM)
judhudson's Avatar
JP-29 Jeep update: Got the doors and mirrors painted and installed. Still need to get door handles, weatherstrip, panels put on. Have the Soft Top in and the roll bar padding that I'll be installing soon, but now I need to focus on cleaning up and painting the windshield.

Demoncarnotaur
Member
(10-14-2015, 07:33 PM)
Demoncarnotaur's Avatar

Originally Posted by judhudson

JP-29 Jeep update: Got the doors and mirrors painted and installed. Still need to get door handles, weatherstrip, panels put on. Have the Soft Top in and the roll bar padding that I'll be installing soon, but now I need to focus on cleaning up and painting the windshield.

If I were to look into buying a Jeep to do this with, any advice? Also, what would it run me (just the Jeep - assuming it's in good shape)?
MoonsaultSlayer
Member
(10-20-2015, 12:40 AM)
MoonsaultSlayer's Avatar
Ah yes! 3D statue edition has been shipped.
brandonh83
Banned
(10-20-2015, 01:20 AM)
brandonh83's Avatar

Originally Posted by MoonsaultSlayer

Ah yes! 3D statue edition has been shipped.

Same, arriving tomorrow. Also ordered the regular version from Barnes and Noble as it came with four different park themed posters.

http://www.masraniglobal.com/termina...m/desktop.html

Also this website just went up that has some information, fake emails, etc. It reveals a fifth raptor that was part of the "posse" and that the raptor training program is called IBRIS.

FROM: MASRANI, SIMON
TO: [UNDISCLOSED RECIPIENTS]
DATE: 05/30/2005 1530 CST
SUBJECT: GRAND OPENING
MESSAGE: I JUST WANTED TO SEND A QUICK MESSAGE TO THANK EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU FOR ALL THE EFFORT YO
U'VE PUT INTO MAKING JURASSIC WORLD COME TO LIFE. WE HAVE A SAYING BACK HOME IN INDIA, 'DER AAYE DURUST
AAYE' OR 'BETTER LATE THAN NEVER'. IT'S TIME WE MAKE HISTORY. HAMMOND WOULD BE PROUD. NAMASTE. SIMON.

FROM: HOSKINS, VIC
TO: [UNDISCLOSED RECIPIENTS]
DATE: 01/10/2015 1215 CST
SUBJECT: INSTALLATION
MESSAGE: MASCOM NETWORK ENGINEERS WILL BE ON SITE INSTALLING NEW SCANNING HARDWARE IN THE NORTH OF THE
ISLAND PAST THE RESTRICTED ZONE ON JANUARY 30 0800 CST. ALL INGEN SECURITY STAFF PLEASE BE ON STANDBY T
O ASSIST.

FROM: GRADY, OWEN
TO: [UNDISCLOSED RECIPIENT]
DATE: 05/17/2013 0955 CST
SUBJECT: HELP
MESSAGE: THEIR PACK DYNAMIC IS MUCH MORE COMPLICATED THAN WE FIRST THOUGHT AND I'M STARTING TO THINK YO
U'RE NOT WEIGHING UP THE GRAVITY OF THAT. WE CANNOT BURY OUR HEADS IN THE SAND AND HOPE FOR THE BEST WI
TH THIS, SO I'M GOING TO NEED SOME HELP. I HAVE AN OLD FRIEND IN FRANCE, BARRY, WHO CAN ASSIST. I'LL SE
ND HIM YOUR NUMBER TO INTRODUCE YOU. IF WE'RE TO STUDY THESE ANIMALS AND LEARN HOW THEY WORK THEN WE SH
OULDN'T ASSUME TO GAIN THEIR CO-OPERATION WITH JUST A FEW SNACKS. REMEMBER, THEY CAN TALK TO EACH OTHER
. JUST A TIP, VIC.

But this one...

FROM: MASRANI, SIMON
TO: [UNDISCLOSED RECIPIENT]
DATE: 10/23/1999 0005 CST
SUBJECT: JURASSIC PLOP
MESSAGE: I'M DISSATISFIED WITH THE NAME. 'PARK' FEELS SMALL, TOO 1980'S, NOT TO MENTION IT HAS A LOT OF
WEIGHT AND BAD PRESS AROUND IT. I'VE BEEN SCRIBBLING NOTES ON MY FLIGHTS COMING UP WITH POSSIBLE TITLE
S, AND I'M THINKING 'WORLD'. WELCOME TO 'JURASSIC WORLD'! THOUGHTS? OTHERS IDEAS INCLUDED ... JURASSIC
ISLAND, THE LOST WORLD, PREHISTORIC WORLD, JURASSIC LAND, DINO ISLAND, CRETASIA ISLAND, ROAMING REPTILE
S, DINOSPHERE, ... GIANT CHICKEN ISLAND?

Last edited by brandonh83; 10-20-2015 at 01:29 AM.
judhudson
Member
(10-20-2015, 01:41 AM)
judhudson's Avatar

Originally Posted by Demoncarnotaur

If I were to look into buying a Jeep to do this with, any advice? Also, what would it run me (just the Jeep - assuming it's in good shape)?

1992 Jeep Wrangler Sahara if you want to get screen accurate, otherwise any Jeep Wrangler with Soft Top / Half Doors from 87-95 will work. Mine is a 1990. I paid $4200 for mine, but they can range from 3 grand to around 7 grand.

This site has lots of information and helpful tips if you want to check it out and read more before you begin hunting.

http://www.jurassicjeep.com/referenc...jurassic-park/
Demoncarnotaur
Member
(10-20-2015, 02:36 AM)
Demoncarnotaur's Avatar
There's a TON buried within the MasraniGlobal.com 'backdoor' terminal. This might be my favorite:



Also, #Feathers

Jawmuncher
(10-20-2015, 03:59 AM)
Jawmuncher's Avatar
So should this information correlate to JW2 or is it just some left overs they had. Which we can have fun with? I don't recall if Spielberg accepted the treatment idea for 2.
CheeseConey
Member
(10-20-2015, 07:42 PM)
CheeseConey's Avatar
Went all out.
brandonh83
Banned
(10-20-2015, 07:42 PM)
brandonh83's Avatar
I got the limited one in the mail and the round tin packaging is complete dog shit. But I'm happy with the statue.
dcelw540
Junior Member
(10-20-2015, 07:45 PM)
dcelw540's Avatar

Originally Posted by CheeseConey

Went all out.

Lmao where is the third one?
CheeseConey
Member
(10-20-2015, 07:48 PM)
CheeseConey's Avatar

Originally Posted by dcelw540

Lmao where is the third one?

What third one? lol Ill be going back Thursday to pick it up. Most were sold out, was kind of surprised.
Toa TAK
Ask me about Thor 2: The Darck World
(10-20-2015, 07:53 PM)
Toa TAK's Avatar

Originally Posted by CheeseConey

Went all out.

You gotta tell me if that third one has the Spino on it.
Curler
Member
(10-20-2015, 07:58 PM)
Curler's Avatar

Originally Posted by brandonh83

I got the limited one in the mail and the round tin packaging is complete dog shit. But I'm happy with the statue.

I'm considering getting the regular blu ray and selling the tin. Anazon's stock photo of the 3D one doesn't even have a slip cover anymore (companies getting stingy!) so I might check out Target or something.
CheeseConey
Member
(10-20-2015, 07:58 PM)
CheeseConey's Avatar

Originally Posted by Toa TAK

You gotta tell me if that third one has the Spino on it.

I saw it there, it does not sadly.
Toa TAK
Ask me about Thor 2: The Darck World
(10-20-2015, 08:26 PM)
Toa TAK's Avatar

Originally Posted by CheeseConey

I saw it there, it does not sadly.

Lame. I personally like the Spino version. :(
atomsk
Party Pooper
(10-20-2015, 08:50 PM)
atomsk's Avatar
picked up my free t-shirt at BB, but my LE won't be here till thursday.
brandonh83
Banned
(10-20-2015, 09:00 PM)
brandonh83's Avatar

Originally Posted by Curler

I'm considering getting the regular blu ray and selling the tin. Anazon's stock photo of the 3D one doesn't even have a slip cover anymore (companies getting stingy!) so I might check out Target or something.

Yeah I ordered a second copy from Barnes and Noble in hopes of getting the four posters which was an exclusive, so I'll probably just keep the tin in the shrinkwrap for collection purposes. You're supposed to take it out and just use the tin, but you can't shelve it as it's circular and wouldn't stand up right. Which... just sucks, bizarre design choice.
Curler
Member
(10-20-2015, 09:05 PM)
Curler's Avatar

Originally Posted by brandonh83

Yeah I ordered a second copy from Barnes and Noble in hopes of getting the four posters which was an exclusive, so I'll probably just keep the tin in the shrinkwrap for collection purposes. You're supposed to take it out and just use the tin, but you can't shelve it as it's circular and wouldn't stand up right. Which... just sucks, bizarre design choice.

Yeah I'm totally not a fan of oblong video shapes. Plus it looks silly beside my trilogy, since I won't be getting the other tins.
brandonh83
Banned
(10-20-2015, 09:11 PM)
brandonh83's Avatar

Originally Posted by Curler

Yeah I'm totally not a fan of oblong video shapes. Plus it looks silly beside my trilogy, since I won't be getting the other tins.

Because this is attractive

I really don't know what to do with it. If you take it out, that tin will never fit inside the cardboard part like ever again and I don't just want the tin lying around because it won't fit in my shelf. And I wouldn't want to discard the cardboard part because I'm anal.
Brofield
Member
(10-20-2015, 09:27 PM)
Brofield's Avatar
Limited Edition statues just arrived from Amazon today, they have a good weight to them and the detail is great, but personally I think I might like the T. Rex statue that came with the blu ray Jurassic Park trilogy a few years ago is nicer

HP_Wuvcraft
(10-20-2015, 09:54 PM)
HP_Wuvcraft's Avatar
Going to Best Buy after I rub one out RIGHT NOW and getting my pre-order!
Demoncarnotaur
Member
(10-20-2015, 10:18 PM)
Demoncarnotaur's Avatar
Whattt.. that JP3D statue is awful. I still own it.

The JW statue set is really nice IMO:





I love that the Rex has her scars, and that the bases are magnetic.
HP_Wuvcraft
(10-21-2015, 01:00 AM)
HP_Wuvcraft's Avatar
Holy shit, my copy came with Lego JW unlocks!

Thread Tools