• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

31GhostsIV
Banned
(01-10-2017, 01:03 AM)
YEEEESSSSSSSS.

Ruruja
(01-10-2017, 01:08 AM)
Ruruja's Avatar

Originally Posted by wanderingprostheyltite

Dummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Dum dummmmmmmmmmmmm
dLMN8R
Member
(01-10-2017, 01:09 AM)
dLMN8R's Avatar
Sooooo....

I've never watched any of the original. I guess I should fix that huh?
Puck Beaverton
Banned
(01-10-2017, 01:10 AM)
YAAAAAAAAS
-Pyromaniac-
(01-10-2017, 01:13 AM)
-Pyromaniac-'s Avatar
can't believe this is really happening. Been saving that rewatch for so long. Going to be great in May.
Pep Guardiola
Member
(01-10-2017, 01:21 AM)
Pep Guardiola's Avatar
That is incredible
basik
Member
(01-10-2017, 01:24 AM)
So this isn't a reboot? I need to watch season 1&2 first?
Joqu
Member
(01-10-2017, 01:27 AM)
Joqu's Avatar
The fact that this is happening is still so surreal to me.

Hold me.
kevin1025
Banned
(01-10-2017, 01:30 AM)

Originally Posted by User33

It's a continuation of the story. I guess we don't know 100% if they'll cater to new viewers, but my money is on "they won't"

Yeah, my (total) guess is you're thrown in the deep end. If you don't drown, you make it to the end.
BlueTsunami
there is joy in sucking dick
(01-10-2017, 01:31 AM)
BlueTsunami's Avatar
~Kinggi~
Banned
(01-10-2017, 01:32 AM)
~Kinggi~'s Avatar
So David Lynch directed every episode? Lol how many days of shooting was that? Here is to hoping the guy hasnt lost it.
robotrock
Banned
(01-10-2017, 01:32 AM)
robotrock's Avatar

Originally Posted by BlueTsunami

Where this from?
kevin1025
Banned
(01-10-2017, 01:33 AM)

Originally Posted by ~Kinggi~

So David Lynch directed every episode? Lol how many days of shooting was that? Here is to hoping the guy hasnt lost it.

September 2015-April 2016 was the filming time. Not sure if it was constant throughout that, though.
plagiarize
Banned
(01-10-2017, 01:33 AM)
plagiarize's Avatar
I've invited over 200 people to come watch this with me and my wife on Cape Cod. Any one want to come?
BlueTsunami
there is joy in sucking dick
(01-10-2017, 01:33 AM)
BlueTsunami's Avatar

Originally Posted by robotrock

Where this from?

I'm assuming its Portlandia, I just Googled Kyle Maclachlan

Yep lmao

https://youtu.be/sJLQfOQbtyE
eLGee
Member
(01-10-2017, 01:34 AM)
eLGee's Avatar

Originally Posted by robotrock

Where this from?

I'm guessing Portlandia.
mattiewheels
And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
(01-10-2017, 01:35 AM)
mattiewheels's Avatar

Originally Posted by kevin1025

September 2015-April 2016 was the filming time. Not sure if it was constant throughout that, though.

I know post production takes a while, but why is there a year delay in releasing this?
~Kinggi~
Banned
(01-10-2017, 01:36 AM)
~Kinggi~'s Avatar

Originally Posted by plagiarize

I've invited over 200 people to come watch this with me and my wife on Cape Cod. Any one want to come?

lol god damn son, you build a theater for that too?
plagiarize
Banned
(01-10-2017, 01:37 AM)
plagiarize's Avatar

Originally Posted by kevin1025

September 2015-April 2016 was the filming time. Not sure if it was constant throughout that, though.

They did a block in the North Bend area. A block in California. Then another block in the North Bend area. They shot it like one giant movie script. The whole thing was written before they shot it so they could shoot everything out of order. Like, they filmed all the diner scenes for the whole series in one straight run, etc.
kevin1025
Banned
(01-10-2017, 01:37 AM)

Originally Posted by mattiewheels

I know post production takes a while, but why is there a year delay in releasing this?

Not quite sure on that one. They had originally wanted it out in the fall I believe, but I guess the post-work was taking quite a while. They went in originally thinking nine and came out the other side with 18 episodes, so it might have been a reshaping of the series.

Originally Posted by plagiarize

They did a block in the North Bend area. A block in California. Then another block in the North Bend area. They shot it like one giant movie script. The whole thing was written before they shot it so they could shoot everything out of order. Like, they filmed all the diner scenes for the whole series in one straight run, etc.

Ah, that's cool! Am I misremembering that it was originally nine episodes, possibly?
plagiarize
Banned
(01-10-2017, 01:39 AM)
plagiarize's Avatar

Originally Posted by ~Kinggi~

lol god damn son, you build a theater for that too?

Looking into renting a space if anything like that many people want to come. There is nothing bigger to me than this.

Nothing.

Post production took nearly a year, because again, it was treated like an epic movie. So post production for the whole series didn't start until they wrapped.

Usually on a TV show, you start post production on episode one as you go into production on episode two, and the episodes have different directors.

Here they couldn't do that.
wanderingprostheyltite
Member
(01-10-2017, 01:40 AM)
wanderingprostheyltite's Avatar
From a user on dugpa forums:

The Showtime press Twitter accounts have posted a trailer for every single show there is a panel for today to coincide with the start of the panel time. Could we have something posted for "Twin Peaks" in 25 minutes?!

20 mins...deep breaths
plagiarize
Banned
(01-10-2017, 01:40 AM)
plagiarize's Avatar

Originally Posted by kevin1025

Not quite sure on that one. They had originally wanted it out in the fall I believe, but I guess the post-work was taking quite a while. They went in originally thinking nine and came out the other side with 18 episodes, so it might have been a reshaping of the series.



Ah, that's cool! Am I misremembering that it was originally nine episodes, possibly?

That was the plan, but it changed during pre production. They didn't announce an episode count until after post production, because it wasn't written as a set number of episodes, and they had to get into the edit to figure out where the episode breaks would go and how many there would be and all that.
kevin1025
Banned
(01-10-2017, 01:41 AM)

Originally Posted by plagiarize

That was the plan, but it changed during pre production. They didn't announce an episode count until after post production, because it wasn't written as a set number of episodes, and they had to get into the edit to figure out where the episode breaks would go and how many there would be and all that.

That sounds right, thanks! Super cool that it is being treated differently, as it should be, haha.
timetokill
Banned
(01-10-2017, 01:43 AM)
timetokill's Avatar
Be still my beating heart
.JayZii
Banned
(01-10-2017, 01:43 AM)
.JayZii's Avatar
Pure heroin version of David Lynch's third season of Twin Peaks? Internet hot take culture and episode by episode breakdowns are not ready for this.

Meanwhile, I appear to be stuck to my chair.
plagiarize
Banned
(01-10-2017, 01:44 AM)
plagiarize's Avatar

Originally Posted by .JayZii

Pure heroin version of David Lynch's third season of Twin Peaks? Internet hot take culture and episode by episode breakdowns are not ready for this.

Meanwhile, I appear to be stuck to my chair.

I've been preparing for 25 years. I will be ready.
Kevtones
Member
(01-10-2017, 01:44 AM)
PURE. HEROIN. VERSION :D
TissueBox
Member
(01-10-2017, 01:45 AM)
TissueBox's Avatar
Think we mighta found our OT title...
kevin1025
Banned
(01-10-2017, 01:46 AM)

Originally Posted by plagiarize

I've been preparing for 25 years. I will be ready.

It all takes place inside a baby's tear, calling it now.
plagiarize
Banned
(01-10-2017, 01:46 AM)
plagiarize's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kevtones

PURE. HEROIN. VERSION :D

The Lynch episodes *were* heroin. I mean, other episodes come very close, but think about all the episodes Lynch handled in the original series. 18 more episodes of Twin Peaks would be *amazing*. 18 more LYNCH episodes?

I think Donald Trump is happening to offset how much awesome that amounts to.
kylecoley182
Member
(01-10-2017, 01:46 AM)
kylecoley182's Avatar
I wish Michael Shannon was in this
plagiarize
Banned
(01-10-2017, 01:47 AM)
plagiarize's Avatar

Originally Posted by TissueBox

Think we mighta found our OT title...

I like it.

Michael Shannon would have been perfect casting, so that's a good call.

I can't wait to find out how Michael Bisping of all people fits into this.
wanderingprostheyltite
Member
(01-10-2017, 01:56 AM)
wanderingprostheyltite's Avatar

Originally Posted by plagiarize

I like it.

Michael Shannon would have been perfect casting, so that's a good call.

I can't wait to find out how Michael Bisping of all people fits into this.

There's SO many people in this it's wild. Personally excited to see Naomi Watts and Jennifer Jason Leigh's roles, the former is supposedly the one with the second biggest part next to MacLachlan. Watts and Lynch together again should make for some proper high level magic :-)
SCHUEY F1
Member
(01-10-2017, 01:58 AM)
SCHUEY F1's Avatar
Hyyyyyyyppppeeeeee!
wanderingprostheyltite
Member
(01-10-2017, 02:02 AM)
wanderingprostheyltite's Avatar
As per twitter, apparently no post panel Q&A with the cast. Also, a wild Lynch appears!
.JayZii
Banned
(01-10-2017, 02:06 AM)
.JayZii's Avatar
My one weird request is that they change the population on the sign back to 5,000 rather than 50,000. There is no way Twin Peaks was a town of fifty thousand people. That always bugged me.

Originally Posted by wanderingprostheyltite

There's SO many people in this it's wild. Personally excited to see Naomi Watts and Jennifer Jason Leigh's roles, the former is supposedly the one with the second biggest part next to MacLachlan. Watts and Lynch together again should make for some proper high level magic :-)

I haven't been following casting or much of anything, but that sounds amazing. Lynch and Watts really were a magical combination for Mulholland Drive.

The fact that he can go so much further because this is on Showtime rather than early 90s ABC just opens up so many possibilities for this season that I don't even want to speculate. I just want to go in fresh and have it wash over me.
wanderingprostheyltite
Member
(01-10-2017, 02:08 AM)
wanderingprostheyltite's Avatar
From the panel:

"I hear heroin is a very popular drug these days"—David Lynch, on his "unadulterated" #TwinPeaks revival. #TCA17

lmao

Originally Posted by .JayZii

My one weird request is that they change the population on the sign back to 5,000 rather than 50,000. There is no way Twin Peaks was a town of fifty thousand people. That always bugged me.

I haven't been following casting or much of anything, but that sounds amazing. Lynch and Watts really were a magical combination for Mulholland Drive.

The fact that he can go so much further because this is on Showtime rather than early 90s ABC just opens up so many possibilities for this season that I don't even want to speculate. I just want to go in fresh and have it wash over me.

Yep, those two together again, with Kyle and so many others with no advertisers and ratings boards to cater to...we're in store for some truly godlike TV
RareFantasy64
Member
(01-10-2017, 02:12 AM)
RareFantasy64's Avatar
Thread title should be "I'll see you again in 25 years. Meanwhile...."
SCHUEY F1
Member
(01-10-2017, 02:14 AM)
SCHUEY F1's Avatar
wanderingprostheyltite
Member
(01-10-2017, 02:19 AM)
wanderingprostheyltite's Avatar

The story of Laura Palmer's last seven days ("Fire Walk With Me") is "very much important" to these new #TwinPeaks eps #TCA17

Hinted at before but good to see it confirmed. It's gun get dark.
robert.briscoe
Junior Member
(01-10-2017, 02:26 AM)
Should I watch the Twin Peaks movie? Is it considered cannon?
Krev
Member
(01-10-2017, 02:26 AM)
Krev's Avatar

Originally Posted by robert.briscoe

Should I watch the Twin Peaks movie? Is it considered cannon?

Yes, and it will be very important to this series.
jon_i634
Banned
(01-10-2017, 02:26 AM)

Originally Posted by wanderingprostheyltite

Hinted at before but good to see it confirmed. It's gun get dark.

Its a testament to Lynch's command of tone that the original series managed to be as dark and terrifying as it was on freaking ABC. Fire Walk With Me is what I think Lynch always wanted the series to be, so 18 hours of that will be a thing to behold. More coke-fueled danceclub nightmares, please.
wanderingprostheyltite
Member
(01-10-2017, 02:28 AM)
wanderingprostheyltite's Avatar

Originally Posted by jon_i634

Its a testament to Lynch's command of tone that the original series managed to be as dark and terrifying as it was on freaking ABC. Fire Walk With Me is what I think Lynch always wanted the series to be, so 18 hours of that will be a thing to behold. More coke-fueled danceclub nightmares, please.

Hear hear! "The Pink Room" is one of the best soundtrack and atmosphere vibes ever put to film.

Also, the cast at the panel:

robotrock
Banned
(01-10-2017, 02:28 AM)
robotrock's Avatar

Originally Posted by wanderingprostheyltite

Hear hear! "The Pink Room" is one of the best soundtrack and atmosphere vibes ever put to film.

Also, the cast at the panel:

omg im crying
mattiewheels
And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
(01-10-2017, 02:32 AM)
mattiewheels's Avatar
The most pure heroin Lynch I've ever seen is Inland Empire. I felt like I was crawling around inside David Lynch's brain when I watched that.
T Dollarz
Member
(01-10-2017, 02:33 AM)
T Dollarz's Avatar
...I've never seen anything David Lynch. Guess I've got some time.
mattiewheels
And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
(01-10-2017, 02:41 AM)
mattiewheels's Avatar
Ha, looking at IMDb the amount of stars and old characters that only appear in one episode is hilarious.
plagiarize
Banned
(01-10-2017, 02:48 AM)
plagiarize's Avatar

Originally Posted by mattiewheels

Ha, looking at IMDb the amount of stars and old characters that only appear in one episode is hilarious.

Pre release imdb stuff isnt reliable.

Thread Tools