• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBONE LEAKS EVERYWHERE: Halo2 HD Nov2014; Halo5/Fable 2015; Crack3 2016, new SKUs...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chabbles

so someone is going to condense this into a single post right? so much information that my pants have been changed 10 times since i opened this thread. and this way once the first leaks get confirmed starting in February, hype can build or fall depending on how accurate it was.

What is your favorite leaks to come out of this thread ?

_hekk05

Banned
Do you think Microsoft are the Illuminati or something?, Jesus

Any company, not just Microsoft, would want to discover their leakers, especially one who has done so much to impact their image. I expect them to sue the ever living crap out of Cboat if they ever catch him (alternatively a deal to prevent him from leaking everything he knows).

ironcreed

Banned
"Project Nagano" doesn't really tell us anything though. Since you're so willing to leak anything and everything, why not tell us about what sort of game it's like?

Yes please. At this point I'm both intrigued and excited, with a dash of skeptical on the side.

Although bish OK'd him, I wonder how easy it would have been for him to feed bish fake info. It's not like the mods contact them directly to vet these guys... couldn't he just pretend he was a dev at some random first party studio, and make up the whole thing?

Consider me skeptical.

Axass

Verified as being in a position where he might have access to the things he is leaking.

Not verified in the sense that everything he says is accurate.
Yeah.

Stumpokapow said:
I have no idea who ntkrnl is. bishoptl (who has been very public about his own name and background in the industry) verified his identity as someone who would in theory be able to know the kinds of things he's saying. We keep confidence of people who talk to us and bishoptl wouldn't and shouldn't tell me who ntkrnl is. When you hear something here, your mental filter is "This guy appears to be verified by GAF moderators as someone who potentially could know the kinds of things he's saying." We can't and couldn't verify that someone is telling the truth, only that they appear to be someone who could know this stuff based on their position or identity. Of course it could also be that he's Phil Spencer and playing a giant trick on us all. If Phil Spencer asked me to vouch for him in confidence, I'd say yes, and then he could post that Microsoft was buying Nintendo and making a game where Master Chief runs for congress, and I'd have no way of determining if that's true or not, only that theoretically someone in his position could vouch for it.

Parablank

rafresh-refresh-F5-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-185.gif

And I have morning class tomorrow too ;-;

Zephyx

Any company, not just Microsoft, would want to discover their leakers, especially one who has done so much to impact their image. I expect them to sue the ever living crap out of Cboat if they ever catch him (alternatively a deal to prevent him from leaking everything he knows).

They can always tap the NSA to find CBOAT if they really want to. /s

Zophar

None of these rumors are terribly surprising. Everything is pretty predictable, honestly.

New hardware configurations next year? Nothing shocking there, standard procedure really.
New Forza, new Crackdown, new Fable? I thought we all knew these were bound to come?
Halo 2 Anniversary was also a no brainer. Ports of 3 and 4 seems weird but plenty have pointed that out.
Platinum Games making an XB1 game? Not really surprising news either. What platform *aren't* they developing stuff on?

FrankT

Though it is interesting some of this has been verified by the Verge, but as I said it seems things went pretty crazy as far rumors go post cboat thread.

Like....I got what I was here for lock it up boys.

Amir0x

Banned
This is some pure insanity. Gonna distance myself from the rumors and just watch how the drama pans out.

GAF certainly isn't lacking in entertainment today.

I mean like I said earlier, it's not that I don't believe much if not all of this information is true. MOST of it is not really surprising, they seem like things that fit the mold of what MS likes to announce coupled with some firm release dates for titles we already know and some scattered gameplay details. I can believe the content.

What I am unsure of is the motivation, and if anything is tied here tonight to the funny business with cboat. Since I actually like cboat and he's sent me a few PMs over the years being a friendly chap, I am genuinely concerned. It may be nothing, but I want to just know it's nothing for myself. I am a natural skeptic, and all the weirdness plus some of the insiders winking that all is not as it seems here make me wonder if any manipulation is going on.

Everyone's reaction who entered this thread late:

1102.gif

This. My lord. CBOAT Thread? Emik is
not
CBOAT? Halo for Halo now? Microsoft planted in the leak garden to sniff out CBOAT? Nintendo becoming radical??? How am I supposed to sleep now GAF?

Shouts out Initial D!!!

Although bish OK'd him, I wonder how easy it would have been for him to feed bish fake info. It's not like the mods contact them directly to vet these guys... couldn't he just pretend he was a dev at some random first party studio, and make up the whole thing?

Consider me skeptical.

Well stump made a great post on this exact thought earlier in the thread

I have no idea who ntkrnl is. bishoptl (who has been very public about his own name and background in the industry) verified his identity as someone who would in theory be able to know the kinds of things he's saying. We keep confidence of people who talk to us and bishoptl wouldn't and shouldn't tell me who ntkrnl is. When you hear something here, your mental filter is "This guy appears to be verified by GAF moderators as someone who potentially could know the kinds of things he's saying." We can't and couldn't verify that someone is telling the truth, only that they appear to be someone who could know this stuff based on their position or identity. Of course it could also be that he's Phil Spencer and playing a giant trick on us all. If Phil Spencer asked me to vouch for him in confidence, I'd say yes, and then he could post that Microsoft was buying Nintendo and making a game where Master Chief runs for congress, and I'd have no way of determining if that's true or not, only that theoretically someone in his position could vouch for it.

lol beaten

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

Consider me skeptical.

Someone already said this and Bish said this isn't his first rodeo.

Sponge

Banned
I would just really like to know something about Rare, anything. Even if it's just their IPs. Microsoft has so many franchises from them they could revive if put in the right hands.

Actually, played for a fiddle implies that CBoat was manipulated. Ekim was scared of Microsoft for simply being outted to be CBoat's source. So scared he went to make a thread telling everyone that he was not CBoat. The new leaker also rattled the cage and tried to get CBoat to reveal the codename for BlackTusk's cancelled game.

The buttocks is probably in hiding again. We probably won't see him til E3.

As for NTkrnl, either he has a huge ass ego and is way more dangerous a leaker to MS (assuming he will also leak bad things), or he's a MS-backed leaker to take over Penello's job here. He's simply giving off too much information at any one time, which makes it easier for MS to triangulate his real identity.

I'm going with both. If his job was to smoke out Cboat, he probably failed. I guess we should watch the courthouses to confirm if Cboat makes it out alive.

If his job was to smoke out CBOAT why is he still leaking? He obviously failed and no one trusts him lol.

Im going to get flack for this, but I feel Neogaf should employ a "no insiders" Rule.

Too much chinese whispers in recent months, which are starting to have real consequences on peoples lives.

Nags

Banned

Consider me skeptical.

As you should be.

btkadams

I mean like I said earlier, it's not that I don't believe much if not all of this information is true. MOST of it is not really surprising, they seem like things that fit the mold of what MS likes to announce coupled with some firm release dates for titles we already know and some scattered gameplay details. I can believe the content.

What I am unsure of is the motivation, and if anything is tied here tonight to the funny business with cboat. Since I actually like cboat and he's sent me a few PMs over the years being a friendly chap, I am genuinely concerned. It may be nothing, but I want to just know it's nothing for myself. I am a natural skeptical, and all the weirdness plus some of the insiders winking that all is not as it seems here make me wonder if any manipulation is going on.
Really? Damn, just got to this thread now. Does anyone have a summary of the other insiders?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom