• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT8| A Salt on the Control Room

FyreWulff

Looks like I'll gave to grab it on PC, apparently it's a thing to tout full control customization and then completely fail at implementing Legacy sticks.

Also, 45 minutes trial time to play multiplayer.

Woorloog

Banned
New pics of Halo 4 LE:

de_20120822_dlc_ltd.jpg

Hmm. It's okay i guess. Still going to be rocking Warrior armor mostly.
EDIT like the coloration here though, white with steel stripes. I'll see if it looks good on Warrior...
EDIT hopefully i can re-create my EMP medal-like emblem in Halo 4.

Akai__

Haven't seen this posted yet, but Play.com have the OST up for sale (Out on 22nd October)

Track Listings. Possible Spoilers? Might not be final.

Super sorry if old.

Have seen this for the 1st time. Nice find! :)

Edit: The bulletin will proabably be about this today.

Edit 2: 15 tracks = 15 missions? :p

Ken

That last track
better not hint at H4 having an ending like another game whose initials are ME with a 3 at the end.

I don't think the appearance of the OST on Play.com is a coincidence. I believe it's likely we'll dive into greater detail about the OST in the Bulletin later today.

Woorloog

Banned
Have seen this for the 1st time. Nice find! :)

Edit: The bulletin will proabably be about this today.

Edit 2: 15 tracks = 15 missions? :p

I reckon the game has 10-11 missions (like a typical Halo) and 4-5 songs are shared, menu or something else.

One song name is rather spoilerish... I can guess what it refers to. Also, i'm not surprised if my guess will be correct.

Akai__

That last track
better not hint at H4 having an ending like another game whose initials are ME with a 3 at the end.

But where is the red one? :p

Edit:
I reckon the game has 10-11 missions (like a typical Halo) and 5 songs are shared, menu or something else.

One song name is rather spoilerish... I can guess what it refers to. Also, i'm not surprised if my guess will be correct.

Yeah, it probably that way, but doesn't 343i stated, that it is the longest campaign Halo ever had? One can only hope.

Woorloog

Banned
Yeah, it probably that way, but doesn't 343i stated, that it is the longest campaign Halo ever had? One can only hope.

Indeed. I'd love to have a 15 mission Halo campaign. With each mission being good, no shit like The Library (i know why some love it but i don't) and Cortana. Also, hopefully extremly replayable.

Woorloog

Banned
Noooooo, my mind is fucked, wasn't she spinning the other way a minute ago, how did it change?

I can change the spinning direction at will.
Focus somewhere else quickly and back. Blinking during that might help.
EDIT okay, not quite at will, doesn't work always.

Indeed. I'd love to have a 15 mission Halo campaign. With each mission being good, no shit like The Library (i know why some love it but i don't) and Cortana. Also, hopefully extremly replayable.

If the game has 15 missions, it's more likely that they're broken up into smaller portions rather than being fifteen "full" missions, like Halo 2. This is basing it on what Bungie has been able to put out in previous three-year cycles, and if that's the case, I'd rather they be kept to 10; easier to remember levels and it makes more sense. "Outsirks" and "Metropolis" were really one level, and so were "The Arbiter" and "The Oracle."

Akai__

Totally agree. A longer campaign with great missions would be super awesome. I could easily play all day The Covenant and The Ark, so I would appreciate a mission or two with a similiarity to those.

And for missions like Library and Cortana (I hate them, too) there are speedruns. :lol
Cortana is not that bad, but those friggin Flood Snipers on Legendary. :(

Edit:

I would rather have less missions with more impact than more missions that feel like they're just "there."

Multiplayer is longevity for me, so I'd rather have more than 10 maps there, especially if they're designed with certain gametypes in mind.

But what if all of those missions have that impact on you? Just being curious.

u4iX

Totally agree. A longer campaign with great missions would be super awesome. I could easily play all day The Covenant and The Ark, so I would appreciate a mission or two with a similiarity to those.

And for missions like Library and Cortana (I hate them, too) there are speedruns. :lol

I would rather have less missions with more impact than more missions that feel like they're just "there."

Multiplayer is longevity for me, so I'd rather have more than 10 maps there, especially if they're designed with certain gametypes in mind.

Woorloog

Banned

Nope, Cortana is not that bad really, it is rather short level after all. But it is ugly and somewhat boring.
I don't have issues with the Flood Ranged forms... swarms of Combat Forms on the other hand...

Gonna go play some Halo 4 tomorrow at Fan Expo. Can I show my GAF Gold card to get to the front of the line? Or do I have to wait with the rest of the unwashed masses?

... hopefully the line is not too long. :(

u4iX

So CS:GO on the 360 disables party chat.

I REALLY like this and would LOVE it in competitive Halo playlists.

Discuss.

TheOddOne

Gonna go play some Halo 4 tomorrow at Fan Expo. Can I show my GAF Gold card to get to the front of the line? Or do I have to wait with the rest of the unwashed masses?

Go to the front of the line and yell "I AM FROM THE INTERWEBS AND I DEMAND SATISFACTION, GOOD SIR".

Works for me everytime.

Akai__

Nope, Cortana is not that bad really, it is rather short level after all. But it is ugly and somewhat boring.
I don't have issues with the Flood Ranged forms... swarms of Combat Forms on the other hand...

What? There are like Swords, Shotguns and Gravity Hammer's on every corner. And 2 Flamethrower's I think. Combat forms are easy to melee, too. When I die, then because of "Sniper" forms and maybe because of flood forms with heavier weapons.

Discuss.

I would like that feature for all ranked playlists, but in social, where you most likely will find people listening to music and/or screaming, absolutely no.

Overdoziz

Banned
Hey look guys, another XBLA game with button mapping.
Spectator mode too? Man, they must have had a lot of people working on this game.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative

Find Paul Patinios and show him this post and tell him I said he was the second handsomest bald man in North America. Maybe he will hook you up.

Hey look guys, another XBLA game with button mapping.
Spectator mode too? Man, they must have had a lot of people working on this game.

Yup. It's just computer programs. They are all the same. I don't know why they don't just type in the same computer programs!

Woorloog

Banned
What? There are like Swords, Shotguns and Gravity Hammer's on every corner. And 2 Flamethrower's I think. Combat forms are easy to melee, too. When I die, then because of "Sniper" forms and maybe because of flood forms with heavier weapons.

I rarely die due to sniper forms (Brute Shot deals with them very well), i keep track of them and stay in cover.
But swarms of Combat forms? Hammer works against them (splash damage) but no other close range weapon does, because on Legendary nearly all Combat forms on Cortana have shields and thus ignore the first shot. Dual Plasma Rifles are okayish. Luckily there are but a couple of areas on the map where there are enough of Combat forms at once to be truly a threat.
I never use the flamer against the Flood because they usually jump on me while on fire and burn me as well. Also, slows movement too much, can't aim very quickly while firing.

Discuss.

Agree, why did halo 2 (3?) do chat so much better (yea, yea, xbl updates and all that). You'd talk to your whole team, and you'd hear the other team if they were in proximity. I actually really liked that aspect as you could hear the other team scream when you killed them.

FyreWulff

Button mapping nulled by the lack of Legacy.

If you can't map the other two possible stick configurations of four possible combinations, then I really have no idea what the hell your player interface programmers were spending their time doing.

"Alright, I set up the stick binds. I guess I could bind the other axis.. wait, there's a pizza party going on? *commit to trunk*"

Top Bottom