• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF, have you ever stole anything?

Xun

Just packets of Crisps (Potato Chips) at a small family store once or twice when I was about 12/13.

I felt terrible when the store closed a few years later...

PerkeyMan

I have to confess a moment of weakness...

In Sweden we have 3,5 months of warm weather, if we're lucky. The rest of the year it's cold, dark and almost unbearable. Hadn't the conditions to live and prosper in Sweden been so good, half of the population would have been gone years ago. Anyhow...

On freezing evening in november I went to the store bying breakfast for the following day and I brought just lose change being abosolutely sure I had the right amount, at least. How expensive can bread and cheese be, huh?

But I didn't have enough. Why the fuck didn't I bring my credit card? I panicked because I refused to walk back in the fucking raging blizzard outside. I strolled for maybe 20 minutes in the store, looking for the cheapest bread etc, "there has to be something I can afford", but no.

So...

I went to soda departement and put the bread down my pants (in my youth we often shop lifted so I had done it before) and then just payed for the cheese. Jaysus christ the adrenaline just poured like a fuckin' monsoon but I managed to behave normal and walk out of there.

Me, stealing bread, like a petty thief, because of the weather. I blame Thor and rest of Valhalla...

Solaire of Astora

Death by black JPN
I stole toilet paper from an office I worked at when I was 18. There was a cupboard in the men's room with tons of individually sealed rolls, so I'd just put one in my bag on my way out at the end of the day if I was running low. I was earning minimum wage at the time and had just moved into my first apartment. To make matters worse, I was on an emergency tax band for a whole year due to the HR team being fucking lazy (it took them one year to get off their asses and print out that one bit of paper I needed to prove that my tax rate was too high), so I was taxed double the usual rate. That all left me seriously struggling to make ends meet to the point where every meal was a struggle meal.

In truth, I could have bought my own, but that would have required me to dip into my measly savings, which I was only able to contribute £10 a week to.

Eventually, the savings came in really handy and were used for something that completely changed my life. So I guess I can thank that giant mega corporation for partially contributing.

appaws

Banned
Yeah I did. Gaming related too.

I stuck game magazines in my coat at the store and just walked out.

I remember I even stole the very issue of VG&CE where Arnie Katz reviewed my fanzine.

I was a dumb little wanna-be anarchist shit.

mashoutposse

Ante Up
I recall as a child tagging along with my parents to an electronics store and always making a beeline for the video game demo area. The store had a Genesis, 3DO, CDi, and Neo Geo up and running and nothing was secured at all. I was always tempted. I'd loiter and play Crash 'n Burn and the wild west CDi FMV game the whole time, plotting but ultimately never executing.

sphinx

the piano man
other kids stole my things, NES games, Gameboy Brick and other toys. it weird how kids haven't the kind of morals that would tell you "hey stop, that's terrible what you're about to do" I didn't steals thing myself but I end up with games friends forgot and I didn't tell me.

I remember during the arcade era, we'd all try to open the arcade cabinets from the back to either put credits or get coins that didn't fall in the container and plenty of times we did, but only occasionally. that's definitely stealing but that's the kind of stuff I had zero guilt whatsoever.

direct from a store... jeez, maybe a candy bar when I was very young.

stenbumling

Unconfirmed Member
I stole money occasionally from my mother (like 10 sek [equivalent of around 1 dollar] for ice cream or candy or whatever). She probably knew, but she have never said anything to this day. Feeling kinda bad about it.

Top Bottom