• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sean Hannity's losing his fucking mind & not even Fox can handle it.

Ailes is gone.

O'Reilly is gone.

Fox should really consider cleaning house a little. If they dump Hannity, they have a shot at the very least as being somewhat credible. Maybe they prefer their nuthouse of extreme right vitriol, and maybe they have success from it.

But with Shep still there and Matthews, they would actually have a chance of making themselves look less like nutcases and more like a news organization.

Yeah, I know. Fat chance.

Loxley

"It hurts those of us who are legitimately focused on journalism,"

Buddy, I don't know how to break this to you, but you are working at the wrong fucking network.

"...perpetuating this conspiracy theory damages our integrity."

The implication being that Fox has integrity to damage in the first place? What the hell? I'm starting to think Fox just keeps their writers chained up in some dungeon all day, preventing them from seeing the outside world.

ReAxion

I like how they thought "Hillary Clinton killed a guy and paid to cover it up" was going to distract from actual evidence that Trump meddled in an investigation of himself.

Meanwhile Anthony Weiner is completely alive. Their conspiracy logic dies in seconds.

The implication being that Fox has integrity to damage in the first place? What the hell? I'm starting to think Fox just keeps their writers chained up in some dungeon all day, preventing them from seeing the outside world.

I mean, do you expect Fox News to say that they're conspiracy-peddling propagandists who shouldn't be taken seriously in their own PR statement?

Translation: "Yo, we slipped to third place so apparently you guys aren't buying this shit like you used to. Damn, I guess we should cover what other news organizations...across the fucking globe are covering every once in a while. Don't worry, Obummer still the devil, free my boy Bill O Reilly!"

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Wouldn't it look worse if he got fired/turned on though?

Hannity seems like the kind of guy who'd want to frame his employers like a bunch of softie cucks and whatnot if he ever wanted to bail and posture himself as a "rebel."

Multiple Fox News employees told CNN that Hannity, who declined to comment, and others were hurting the credibility of the outlet by continuing to advance the theory, for which there is no real evidence.

I wouldnt worry about that LOL.

Surfinn

Hannity seems like the kind of guy who'd want to frame his employers like a bunch of softie cucks and whatnot if he ever wanted to bail and posture himself as a "rebel."

Well yeah, I can see that. Maybe that appeals to his crazy ass following "THEY THREW ME OUT BUT I'M STILL HERE!"

He had a clause that he could walk/break contract in the event that his favorite boss was let go. Which happened recently, right?

I remember there being a report that he called an all-hands meeting of his personal staff shortly after that happened, but nothing came of it.

I wonder if the meeting was essentially "I'm going to burn this fucker down and do whatever the hell I want until they kick me off the plane with the golden parachute I got coming to me. If you're not down for that, leave now."

This very recent dive into full-on Alex Jones territory happened after that meeting, correct? I know it's hard to tell considering Hannity's SOP, but it does seem like it's ramped up considerably since his man got cut.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Hannity really needs to stick to the real news...

C55egTOVMAAnbqQ.jpg

But why not just leave

Probably a combination of factors. Fox ending his contract early might net him some sort of termination bonus, but also the other networks can't afford the salary he commands. So he's kind of stuck between a rock and a hard place in that regard.

We should have such problems.

Hannity strikes me as the type of guy who is gonna end up in a Straitjacket when the Trump administration collapses on itself.

Fox has gotten alot worse in the last few months. Past week was the worst ive ever seem them. Tucker was literally screaming at a democrat about dirty bathrooms.

Loxley

Hopefully he's the next shitheel to get fired, followed by Tucker the fucker.

I will honestly be shocked if Hannity is still there a year from now. As he perpetually loses his mind I can imagine things will only continue to heat up between him and the other folks and Fox.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Another Fox News contributor, National Review columnist Jonah Goldberg, also appeared upset with Hannity Monday. He tweeted a link to a critical Washington Post piece about the Fox News host, later adding, "Shaming Hannity is my intention."

Wow, when even a class-A shithead like Jonah Goldberg thinks you've gone too far, it's time to pack it up.

For reference, Goldberg's the same asshole who wrote this:

41c95cZRicL._SX322_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Barzul

Ailes is gone.

O'Reilly is gone.

Fox should really consider cleaning house a little. If they dump Hannity, they have a shot at the very least as being somewhat credible. Maybe they prefer their nuthouse of extreme right vitriol, and maybe they have success from it.

But with Shep still there and Matthews, they would actually have a chance of making themselves look less like nutcases and more like a news organization.

Yeah, I know. Fat chance.

The average age of their viewers is 68. They need to adapt or die.

gamz

Funny how these types were off the deep end with 8 years of Obama, but they are really off the cliff with Trump, and they probably thought they'd be celebrating. lol

Gotta question how much you really care about journalistic integrity if you work at Fox News

It's all about presenting the propaganda in a polished enough way that people eager to believe it won't have to suspend their disbelief too strenuously. What Hannity's been doing is sloppy and transparent, though. They're not upset about him peddling propaganda, they're upset about him taking it a bridge too far and losing loyal fox viewers in the process. There's been some anecdotal evidence that people who normally watch fox have jumped to other channels because Hannity and co. were trying to make Seth Rich happen when the whole country wants to know what's happening with Stupid Watergate.

Surfinn

If the Trump presidency destroys Fox News, that would at least be something positive to come out of it. I hope he goes too far and they dump him.

ICO_SotC

Either he's a gullible idiot or he's colluded with this whole Russia thing and is now panicking.

That's what I'm assuming. There's been rumors swirling for a while that Fox News is one of the media outlets being looked at in the Russia investigation, and Hannity was really involved with Trump's campaign.

We still don't know where the "We have sources that tell us Hillary Clinton is going to be indicted imminently" thing that happened a week before the election came from.

Running theories:

He's been told he's gone but they'll ride out his contract, so he's acting a fool to get bounced early

He's part of the Russia thing

chefbags

Hannity just drinks his and Trump's piss. They have nothing but opinions about Obama, which arn't even true when you look at it, and he is never going to admit he was wrong about Tump .None of them will because at the end of the day, Trump might just give them a job.

FTFY

antonz

Fox has gotten alot worse in the last few months. Past week was the worst ive ever seem them. Tucker was literally screaming at a democrat about dirty bathrooms.

The hardcore conservatives at the network are in panic mode. Their ratings are in decline and its obvious their Dear Leader is in deep shit.

FoxNews will likely moderate quite a bit with the Murdoch kids in charge but its going to be a gradual process they better hope can work because right now Foxnews is poison pill

Azuran

Banned
Did Lumpy always use stupid ass terms like "snowflake"? Half of this Twitter feed in the couple of days has been him calling people that.

I bet he would be spamming "cuck" as well if he wasn't on TV.

Top Bottom