• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gay and Bisexual relationship thread |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Max@GC

Sounds like you're a dick.

Is this a repeating trend, or maybe a once-in-a-while thing? Rather than saying that you want to meet on certain days, maybe just try and put out a general "Hey, I want to spend more time with you." It sounds sillly, I'm sure, but just saying "Hey, I feel kind of neglected recently" is a way to both be direct and show her you're willing to open up.

Asking her if she's avoiding you will instantly put her on the defensive, because that could come across as a 'YOU are doing this to me' statement not a 'This is how I feel' statement. One feels judgemental, the other feels trusting. In any argument, the easiest way to make it escalate it is to use 'you' statements.

It´s a repeating trend...basically the last 2 weeks she mostly told me that she has no time to spend with me cuz her friend told her to hang out...and sure i don´t wanna blame her...i just told her that it feels weird to me when she e.g. replies to my sms really late or not at all...then i asked her if she is avoiding me. I mean last week she told me that she feels sory for neglecting me and told me it´s because of job stress she has...i then said that it´s ok if she needs a bit time to rest...but now it gets more and more frequent and I really feel neglected now.

Mumei

Oh hai thar! I'm good, just getting ready to finish up my first year at Roosevelt. You need to come back up to Chicago this summer and enjoy the wonderfulness that is the Lake Shore path full of hot mens. Plus, ya know, I actually like seeing you.

I never post on Facebook, as you know, but I have read some of your updates about school and fitness. You should be happy to know that after about four years of your constant fitness nut raving (the vegetarianism and the hiking and the yoga and the running (and then more running) and the gym and the competitive interpretive dance routines (which mostly involved running, I imagine) (I might be making that last one up... can't remember) that your implicit - and yet somehow even more insidious - peer pressure successfully pressured me into eating ever-so-slightly better and getting ever-so-slightly more exercise.

So congratulations. Bastard.

And yeah, I'd love to. I really enjoyed coming up last time, especially meeting your friends, and I like seeing Andy~ And maybe those damned penguins will be there. Stupid penguins.

Mumei

excelforward and Mumei are back OMG :O

I never left; I just don't post in this topic all that often since I'm not in a relationship (which for all I know isn't actually the exclusive focus of this topic now that I think about it). But then I saw excel posting and I was surprised since last time we talked he said he hadn't been on GAF in awhile, so I had to say hi.

Masamuna

@Mumei - is your av Johann?

Anywho, because I only really get to see my local guy once a week we kinda got into a formulaic routine of picking him up > dinner > movie night > fuck like rabbits > sleep until I needed to take him back to his place. Not that thats BAD mind you, but I for one really want to take him out even if its something simple as going to the park or walking around the city or whatever. Problem was getting him for a whole day due to scheduling.

Thankfully this past easter I was able to snag him for the entire day. So where do I take him? The only place where a gay couple plus my BFF (interracial straight couple) we could logically go in the deep south: The farmers flea market.

We all knew exactly what we were getting into, we even made a little game of it. My friend and his wife trailed behind us while Andy and I (we share the same name) walked ahead doing the usual couples PDA (hands, arms around waist etc etc). On top of that we're already easy to spot: one big guy (me) hugging on an average build guy with ink, 1 inch gauged ears and a septum piece.

Apparently every single head turned that day. And unfortunately it was mostly negative. No one confronted us, but the words my friend and his wife heard even made me lose my temper later on. Nothing creative, just the usual hate speech barring one mother telling her child that all of 'us' should be wiped out.

Oh well, their problem. Andy and I had a great day and all the vendors we spoke to were very cool. Things are progressing at a solid rate and I have a strong feeling it will be something more one day. I'm still unsure if I want to jump into a relationship so soon, but at the same time if I did I'd have no problem trying it with him.

That and he's friggin' amazing in the sack

It´s a repeating trend...basically the last 2 weeks she mostly told me that she has no time to spend with me cuz her friend told her to hang out...and sure i don´t wanna blame her...i just told her that it feels weird to me when she e.g. replies to my sms really late or not at all...then i asked her if she is avoiding me. I mean last week she told me that she feels sory for neglecting me and told me it´s because of job stress she has...i then said that it´s ok if she needs a bit time to rest...but now it gets more and more frequent and I really feel neglected now.

Hm. Job stress could be a factor, certainly. This raises a few questions, so I can certainly see where the stress is coming from. From here, I say it's your call, honestly. The facts piled up could, emotionally at least, make you wonder if she's cheating. In the end, though, only time can tell. I stick by my advice of trusting her, but I know how you feel, and I know how much it sucks. Best of luck, man! :)

I never post on Facebook, as you know, but I have read some of your updates about school and fitness. You should be happy to know that after about four years of your constant fitness nut raving (the vegetarianism and the hiking and the yoga and the running (and then more running) and the gym and the competitive interpretive dance routines (which mostly involved running, I imagine) (I might be making that last one up... can't remember) that your implicit - and yet somehow even more insidious - peer pressure successfully pressured me into eating ever-so-slightly better and getting ever-so-slightly more exercise.

So congratulations. Bastard.

And yeah, I'd love to. I really enjoyed coming up last time, especially meeting your friends, and I like seeing Andy~ And maybe those damned penguins will be there. Stupid penguins.

YES. I've gotten you, and Aydrian, and several others up here to do so. See? My power of influence extends past the realm of late-night cashier clerks. Oh, and I finally watched Eden of the East AND finshed Game of Thrones (books). You have influence, too. Oh, and you weren't supposed to see the interpretive dance. That's between me, my headphones, and the curtains pulled down.

Max@GC

Hm. Job stress could be a factor, certainly. This raises a few questions, so I can certainly see where the stress is coming from. From here, I say it's your call, honestly. The facts piled up could, emotionally at least, make you wonder if she's cheating. In the end, though, only time can tell. I stick by my advice of trusting her, but I know how you feel, and I know how much it sucks. Best of luck, man! :)

yeah it sucks that she says she has job stress and wants some chill out time but then again rather is hanging out with her friend...but oh well...i will just trust her because i love her. your advice made me feel a bit better though...so thx!

@Mumei - is your av Johann?

No, he just IS Johann
and puts Nina to shame when he wears a dress
. Well, not quite, but they could be brothers outside of the intarwebs.

That and he's friggin' amazing in the sack

In my experience, Andys often are. *Cue Mumei cringing and flailing*

yeah it sucks that she says she has job stress and wants some chill out time but then again rather is hanging out with her friend...but oh well...i will just trust her because i love her. your advice made me feel a bit better though...so thx!

Glad I could help, if only a bit. :D

red13th

I never left; I just don't post in this topic all that often since I'm not in a relationship (which for all I know isn't actually the exclusive focus of this topic now that I think about it).

I just post here when the subject bounces back to "pics of hot guys", who cares about relationships.

Masamuna

No, he just IS Johann

Good, then I <3 Mumei on AV precedence alone.

Indeed, but IMO Andrews are better.
Kinda just saying that because that's what I go by. But the things I can do with my beard are borderline magical :D

Good, then I <3 Mumei on AV precedence alone.

Indeed, but IMO Andrews are better.
Kinda just saying that because that's what I go by. But the things I can do with my beard are borderline magical :D

Never tried an Andrew, though there's a trainer at the gym I used to go to by the name of Andrew. Biceps like my calves (and I've got good calves) and a chin that could chisel rock. I could do terriblewonderful things with that.

Masamuna

Sounds like a good stock of Andrew right thur.

Nothing to add to that lol.

Its the Atlanta Eagle's 25th anniversary this weekend. It's going to be downright crazy!! Hope I don't get too carried away in that sea of harnesses and fur. Eh, lets be realistic I'm going to go nuts pun intended.

Mumei

YES. I've gotten you, and Aydrian, and several others up here to do so. See? My power of influence extends past the realm of late-night cashier clerks. Oh, and I finally watched Eden of the East AND finshed Game of Thrones (books). You have influence, too. Oh, and you weren't supposed to see the interpretive dance. That's between me, my headphones, and the curtains pulled down.

Oh, I'm not being nearly as good as Aydrian (who I haven't seen in months and whose Firefly DVDs I ought to return). I've just started walking a few miles (borrowing the neighbor's husky~) a day for a couple months. I was doing it before winter hit, but then it got too cold for that. I've thought about running, but the bug hasn't really hit me yet.

And speaking of reading, you should make an account on Goodreads.

No, he just IS Johann

While I do totally have the effete build for it, I am not Johan.

And Masamuna, the avatar is actually fanart; here are others by the same person. Love it.

Jordan, dear, you told me that the very first day after you slept with him for the first time. This is not new information 'tall.

That said:

iboL40oWdpWWOZ.gif

BeesEight

hey gaf! i wanna make it short: my gf (together for one year) is bisexual. recently she made a lot of sexual innuendos e.g. how she would perform having oral sex with a girl after we had sex...well she always had these thoughts but never acted on them...plus recently she spent a lot of time with her female friend from work...actually more time than with me - e.g. while we where together that evening talking her friend called and she told me that she wants to go over cuz she called. she says that she is just a friend and that she would tell me if she would like to try something out with her...i don´t know if that´s just jealousy from my side or if i should worry. it´s just the feeling of being not so important anymore that bugs me...how would you deal with such a situation gaf?

I'm guessing you've known she's bisexual for awhile now?

Since you've been together for a year - I don't think you should really jump to the "she's cheating" idea. Presumably if your relationship has lasted this long you've both earned each other's trust and it's not something you should really question just because she's been spending a lot of time with a friend.

As mentioned before, I wouldn't make it seem like she's doing something wrong - as you probably wouldn't like it if she was getting on your case for spending time with a friend either. In all likelihood, she probably wasn't even aware that you felt this way and probably doesn't think there's anything wrong.

Just tell her that you feel you haven't been spending much time together. Try and arrange some time together - whether it be a movie, dinner or just an evening. Make a date and do something fun and relaxing.

Truth is never rainbows and butterflies monami.

Why is that those who are the most cruel are those that justify themselves as the utmost purveyors of truth? Truth is not necessarily cruel anymore than truth is neccessarily kind. The truth you don't want to hear can be cruel at first, but in the end, is it not kind that you know more for it?

I'm not annoyed about what you were thinking. I'm sure a lot of people thought the same thing. My problem is with the fact that you considered it 'advice' enough to give it to someone who was (in my opinion) in genuine need of actual compassion and sound narrative. One-line statements touting 'hard truth' are nothing when not backed up by a good argument. Otherwise, it merely suggests you're trolling and have nothing 'real' to say.

DR2K

Banned
Why is that those who are the most cruel are those that justify themselves as the utmost purveyors of truth? Truth is not necessarily cruel anymore than truth is neccessarily kind. The truth you don't want to hear can be cruel at first, but in the end, is it not kind that you know more for it?

I'm not annoyed about what you were thinking. I'm sure a lot of people thought the same thing. My problem is with the fact that you considered it 'advice' enough to give it to someone who was (in my opinion) in genuine need of actual compassion and sound narrative. One-line statements touting 'hard truth' are nothing when not backed up by a good argument. Otherwise, it merely suggests you're trolling and have nothing 'real' to say.

It's not advice, it's flat out telling him the most likely possibility. There's no need for an argument the girl sounds like she's not very interested in men based on his statements. He shouldn't take it personally is all I'm trying to say, being gay isn't an on and off thing.

royalan

It's not advice, it's flat out telling him the most likely possibility. There's no need for an argument the girl sounds like she's not very interested in men based on his statements. He shouldn't take it personally is all I'm trying to say, being gay isn't an on and off thing.

Not to hop on the bitch train, but...

I agree with DR2K. Girlfriend starts talking more about her bisexuality and making jokes about actively doing things with girls coincidentally around the time she starts getting super close to this other chick? Yeah, not going to outright say she IS cheating. But you'd be an outright fool to not see the red flags.

That being said, DR2K could be a little nicer about it...
says the guy who outright called your a slut a page ago. lol

Fantastical

Death Prophet
I feel like lying about my sexuality for so long has made me a VERY private person. I'm afraid to let anyone know anything personal about me because I've had to hide so much in my life. It's just made me extremely sensitive to negative judgment from people. I also feel very strange acknowledging that I am gay to people that know I'm gay (I've only come out to my parents and a friend). I want to be able to tell my friend that I think some guy is hot or something but I can't because it doesn't feel right because I've literally said those words before.

I need to come out to everyone, but I hate talking about being gay. I'm not really afraid about people knowing I'm gay, it's just the actual "I'm gay" thing is very awkward to me because I've, I guess, been insinuating that I'm straight for so long.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
I feel like lying about my sexuality for so long has made me a VERY private person. I'm afraid to let anyone know anything personal about me because I've had to hide so much in my life. It's just made me extremely sensitive to negative judgment from people. I also feel very strange acknowledging that I am gay to people that know I'm gay (I've only come out to my parents and a friend). I want to be able to tell my friend that I think some guy is hot or something but I can't because it doesn't feel right because I've literally said those words before.

I need to come out to everyone, but I hate talking about being gay. I'm not really afraid about people knowing I'm gay, it's just the actual "I'm gay" thing is very awkward to me because I've, I guess, been insinuating that I'm straight for so long.

Go to the mirror and tell yourself that you are gay until you can say "fuck yeah I'm gay" then make your friends call you gay until you can say "you know it, gurl"
got to embrace it

BeesEight

... being gay isn't an on and off thing.

This isn't always true.

I agree with DR2K. Girlfriend starts talking more about her bisexuality and making jokes about actively doing things with girls coincidentally around the time she starts getting super close to this other chick? Yeah, not going to outright say she IS cheating. But you'd be an outright fool to not see the red flags.

The poster didn't actually mention that though. Perhaps there was ambiguity in the scenario, but from my understanding he didn't specify when his girlfriend identified as bisexual. Perhaps for the entire year they have been dating he's know that she's bi and only now feels threatened because he feels she's been neglecting him for this new friend.

If that is the case, I can't see how it's any more likely that she's cheating than she isn't. For all we know, she's just made a new friend that she really likes spending time with. This has only been going on the last two weeks and there hasn't been any other indications that she's been unfaithful.

Go to the mirror and tell yourself that you are gay until you can say "fuck yeah I'm gay" then make your friends call you gay until you can say "you know it, gurl"
got to embrace it

This seems like pretty good advice. Well... maybe not the bit with the friends but at least the acceptance of yourself is important. I can really relate with your situation, having spent most of my life living as a heterosexual. My coming out has certainly created some interesting perceptions in my friends and it's still something I am dealing with to this day. I rarely talk about people I'm attracted to and almost never if its a guy. It's a change that you need to get used to because it's not just others perception of you but also how you perceive yourself.

Told my nephew I'm gay yesterday. We talked a bit about it and he's totally ok with it. Feels so good getting a reaction like that. The only people I still want to tell in person are my uncle and aunt and my grandparents. After that, my coming out is pretty complete :) Really wonder how my grandparents are going to react. They're 90 and 91 and faith is a big deal to them, I really don't know what they think about gay people. If they're going to come at me with the youre going to hell talk I'll tell them to fuck off, but I don't expect them to do that.

White Man

Pretty much the only people who know I'm gay are my online friends. >.<

Used to be the same way and I think lots of people have been in similar situations. Accentuate the positive. Not so long ago you wouldn't even have the internet to be out on. Things get awesomer once you can move or you eventually get confident enough that the people you currently surround yourself with could deal with it enough for you to find yourself. Might help some of them out, too.

Used to be the same way and I think lots of people have been in similar situations. Accentuate the positive. Not so long ago you wouldn't even have the internet to be out on. Things get awesomer once you can move or you eventually get confident enough that the people you currently surround yourself with could deal with it enough for you to find yourself. Might help some of them out, too.

Yeah, I won't even think about telling anyone IRL until I've moved out, at least. Especially not with the deeply religious family that I'm stuck with.

White Man

Yeah, I won't even think about telling anyone IRL until I've moved out, at least. Especially not with the deeply religious family that I'm stuck with.

I can relate on that, too. From a pretty backwater area and my relationship with my family was pretty shitty. I waffled on coming out in high school (to some successes and more problems) and was generally a hypersexualized sociopath when unleashed a distance from home during college. I don't think my relationships with other dudes evened out until I moved cross country and was able to successfully start over and give myself a decent and fresh personal narrative.

Do you think if you date someone who looks like you, you must be totally narcissistic?

Especially if you're completely oblivious to it until it's pointed out to you?

Do you think if you date someone who looks like you, you must be totally narcissistic?

I'd say no. I've met several couples that look (startlingly) similar, but aren't jerks in the slightest. It's all about what you happen to be interested in. In my case, I'm a skinny twink-ish sort of guy, and am attracted to more muscular guys with hair. As a result, I'm trying to buff up to be more like the guys I'm interested in. Like attracts like, I guess?

Edit: Post 19,000!

mantidor

Guys, I just need to talk to someone and I don't have anyone to talk to. The thing is... I finally did it, and to add to that, it was a one night stand with a guy I met in a bar. Now I'm going back and forth between not giving a damn, and deeply regretting it, it just wasn't very good for me to be honest, but maybe it was just the pressure of the first time? I don't know, the weird thing is that I don't feel less of a "virgin" now than how I felt before. I guess the experience overall was a bit overwhelming, but my expectations were way higher... I don't know, it was mostly enjoyable but I realized I wasn't into the guy as much as he was into me, and now he want us to meet again, but I don't want to... I don't know, my mind is going crazy right now, some times I feel nothing of importance happened, then next moment I'm getting paranoid about STDs and whatnot(yes of course he used a condom, still...)

Well, I just needed to rant, it sucks not having anyone to talk to about this things.

edit: damn! first page...

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Guys, I just need to talk to someone and I don't have anyone to talk to. The thing is... I finally did it, and to add to that, it was a one night stand with a guy I met in a bar. Now I'm going back and forth between not giving a damn, and deeply regretting it, it just wasn't very good for me to be honest, but maybe it was just the pressure of the first time? I don't know, the weird thing is that I don't feel less of a "virgin" now than how I felt before. I guess the experience overall was a bit overwhelming, but my expectations were way higher... I don't know, it was mostly enjoyable but I realized I wasn't into the guy as much as he was into me, and now he want us to meet again, but I don't want to... I don't know, my mind is going crazy right now, some times I feel nothing of importance happened, then next moment I'm getting paranoid about STDs and whatnot(yes of course he used a condom, still...)

Well, I just needed to rant, it sucks not having anyone to talk to about this things.

first times are not always amazing, dont let it bother you much the best thing you can take from it is what you enjoyed and what you didn't for the next time

mantidor

first times are not always amazing, dont let it bother you much the best thing you can take from it is what you enjoyed and what you didn't for the next time

Definitely. I did learn a couple of things, most important, I'm not really a one night stand guy, and contrary to what I always thought, I'm not a bottom, although I'm not completely closed to it, I guess it also depends on the person you are with.

All I can say is that its not really that important to "do it", for sex, you really have to be on the same page as the other person, and I unfortunately wasn't. It wasn't completely horrible either, so overall I guess it was good experience. And I know it can be great, but for the virgins guys out there, don't rush into it, there's no hurry, and I'm 30 years old so I know what I'm talking about heh.

Tritroid

It is common for narcissists to find people that look and act identical to them for relationships, but it never lasts long.

Either way, if you're questioning whether or not you're a narcissist...you're probably not a narcissist. Narcissists are blind to the fact that they have any flaws, it's a completely unrealistic possibility to them. They also lack traits such as empathy, sympathy, or guilt, but are capable of charming the birds right down out of the fucking trees when you first meet them. They mirror exactly what you want to find in a potential mate after they've studied you for a while, and then once you fall for them, they get bored and discard you for other forms of 'prey'. They're evil to the core, and literally only care about themselves.

Sorry...I've had serious issues with Narcs in the past.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
All I can say is that its not really that important to "do it", for sex, you really have to be on the same page as the other person, and I unfortunately wasn't.

So true. I (drunkenly) took the only opportunity that had/has ever come my way when I was 31 and knew almost immediately that it was a mistake. If anything, it discouraged and depressed me even more regarding sex; still haven't gotten past it almost two years later.

HunkyDory

Neo Member
I think it's quite common for people to feel ambivalent about their first time, mantidor.

My first time was fine, although it felt anticlimactic. I thought that I'd feel differently afterwards - although I don't think that I knew how I thought I'd feel differently - so it can be confusing when it turns out not to be such a big thing. It seems like you've learned a lot from it though, so it sounds like it was a positive experience for you in the long run. Now you can look forward to meeting guys that you're more compatible with!

Alrus

My first time was pretty awful for various reasons but the "oh fuck why did I do it, I feel like shit" thoughts left after a few days thankfully... Reading a few posts here, it seems it's pretty normal to feel weird after your first time.

edit: damn! first page...

.. and now you'll feel more confident next time it happens so be glad you got it out of the way. Sex is disappointing a lot of the time or maybe you were doing it wrong. You said he used a condom.. which probably means well don't worry it won't hurt quite as much the more that you do it.

and as far as the rant.. well thats what this thread is for.

mantidor

So true. I (drunkenly) took the only opportunity that had/has ever come my way when I was 31 and knew almost immediately that it was a mistake. If anything, it discouraged and depressed me even more regarding sex; still haven't gotten past it almost two years later.

I think you should still give yourself a chance no matter how much it sucked. What I also learned is that you need to know yourself, and that's easier said than done, sometimes you think you are going to like something because you fantasize a lot about it but in reality you don't, and vice versa, or you have limits you didn't know, or the limits you thought you had in reality are not there. Knowing and accepting yourself turned out to be a big part of enjoying being with someone else. And the funny thing is that you know yourself easier through being with others, and I don't mean just sex. While my mind can't stop spinning right now, I feel I moved one big step.

The consensus is clear, you get over it, and while the experience is still very recent for me, I do believe that is the case. Thanks everyone for your input!

Sai-kun

Banned
This friend of a friend that I've been talking to for the past couple weeks told me he liked me today. :) Hopefully we can go out again soon. I hate my school/work schedule, cuz I basically have no free evenings except friday/saturday/sunday, and this weekend I'm going to Coachella :|

idwl

I hate gay guys!
Well gay dating site guys. My profile clearly states everything I like what I'm into. My body type etc. And I have not put a picture. I'd rather someone judge me on what they read and think of me before just sending a message because of how I look.

Anyway so this guy says he wants to talk on skype. All he asks about is physical features. He asks for a picture. I say I'll turn on my webcam. I turn it on for a little bit and then turn it off. Anyway he keeps asking more questions. whats your height? weight? etc
So I tell him, Then he says so you're fat. I say I'm not thin nor fat and just inbetween. Then he's like not with that weight and just keeps on going about it.

Anyway I'm so over this crap... I've been single since september last year and messed around a bit in october. But decided I just needed time to myself
Today I just decided to see if I could meet someone decent to talk to. Guess not -_-

BeesEight

I hate gay guys!
Well gay dating site guys. My profile clearly states everything I like what I'm into. My body type etc. And I have not put a picture. I'd rather someone judge me on what they read and think of me before just sending a message because of how I look.

So where's the picture?
jokes

Anyway so this guy says he wants to talk on skype. All he asks about is physical features. He asks for a picture. I say I'll turn on my webcam. I turn it on for a little bit and then turn it off. Anyway he keeps asking more questions. whats your height? weight? etc
So I tell him, Then he says so you're fat. I say I'm not thin nor fat and just inbetween. Then he's like not with that weight and just keeps on going about it.

Anyway I'm so over this crap... I've been single since september last year and messed around a bit in october. But decided I just needed time to myself
Today I just decided to see if I could meet someone decent to talk to. Guess not -_-

I've never used a dating site so I can't really say one way or the other but it's my understanding that some sites are more focussed towards relationships while others are just for hookups. Perhaps look for the ones that are aimed at more serious relationships and make your intentions clear. The moment someone seems to be a douche, just stop talking to them.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
I hate gay guys!

lol, what a bellend.

GothPunk

I want to try and throw on 10-12lbs in two months, and then do a 5-ish pound cut over the next two months. I'm aiming for a solid 150lbs by October. I'm aiming to squat 200lbs (at 165), deadlift 185lbs (at 155), and benchpress 150 (at 125 now) by the end of the year.
What did you used to be, if you don't mind me asking? 150lbs was my goal too and I hit it recently, now I'm aiming for 160lbs. What kind of things are you eating to gain weight so fast?

I need to buy more 10kg plates, as with all my weights on the barbell it's ~145lbs - so that's what I've been using to bench press/squat/deadlift. I would love to give a 200lb squat a go some time soon, although what the bf has me doing is increasing the amount of time for each rep and I think that's just as good for making gains as using extra weight. Seems to be working anyways. I might also have to post some pics of my progress in here some time.
This friend of a friend that I've been talking to for the past couple weeks told me he liked me today. :) Hopefully we can go out again soon. I hate my school/work schedule, cuz I basically have no free evenings except friday/saturday/sunday, and this weekend I'm going to Coachella :|
Sai! :3

That's awesome about the new friend but sucky about the work load. Summer is just around the corner though so I hope we'll all have more time for romance then. I don't know if I will, I'll have a thesis to write... yay?

I also can't believe you used a ':l' smiley and Coachella in the same sentence, for shame!

beje

Banned
I hate gay guys!

I'd approach the subject the other way round and post in your profile the most innocent, non-sexual and safe for work picture you have around where your features can be seen well without the need of requesting further pictures, maybe two or three in different situations (indoors, outdoors, practising some sport...). Most people in dating sites (me included) are usually not bothered with people without pics and just filter them out. Why? Let's see:

8-10 years ago not having a picture of you in your profile (or IRC, MSC, whatever...) wasn't that strange. Digital cameras and webcams were not as widespread (and were expensive as hell) but nowadays, in the age of laptops with integrated webcams and phones where even the lowest end dumbphones (save it for granny models) have a 2Mpx camera, the "I don't have a pic" excuse is no longer valid and it automagically indicates one (or various) of these issues:

1 - You're actually fugly. A lot. Beyond the "well, he's at least nice" boundary.
2 - Horrible self-esteem
3 - Closeted
4 - Married/Partnered and not being in an open relationship
5 - Fear of being recognised by somebody or "outed" (partially related to #3 and #4)

And guess what? besides #1 which is a completely different issue (and trust me, it's really not. I know fugly people that get laid more often than I do) nobody really wants to be with people in numbers #2 to #5 unless all they want is furtive anonymous sex (which is obviously not what you're after). If you want something more with them, they will always mean trouble, like, it's not fun going to the movies with someone that will request you to say you're his cousin or neighbour if you come across someone, or that asks you to try not to be seen by anybody when entering their home, or ridiculous stuff like that.

Think for a moment... how would people react if you approached in real life to them with a paper bag over your head even with the most innocent intention? What kind of people do you think you can attract that way?

Just my two cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom