• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ |OT9| The Return of the Queen

Anyone else never go to a gay bar?

I don't know if such a place exists but I might go somewhere I could just drop into for lunch and a drink (that isn't out of the way if I'm in the city) and have a laid back chat with people I hadn't met. I don't see myself making a night of it, or going to a loud dance-centric place or anything.

Kevyt

I started Quantum Break on Xbox One and I'm blown away so far. Hoping it continues to wow me. Really love the Alan Wake nods in it too.

Did you play the original Alan Wake?

I don't know if such a place exists but I might go somewhere I could just drop into for lunch and a drink (that isn't out of the way if I'm in the city) and have a laid back chat with people I hadn't met. I don't see myself making a night of it, or going to a loud dance-centric place or anything.

I'm sure there is such place where you live. Most bars open at like 6 pm and it is usually calm and chill I would imagine.

lenovox1

Look for bars that have a kitchen.

Today was shit and tonight is even shittier.
tumblr_mkcdv3fLSa1qgwn27o4_250.gif

mantidor

Jesus guys and gals, everyone is down, are you guys ok? Maybe it's the new moon :p

I'm drunk and ready to go to a bear,"game of thrones" gay party, my expectations are low though.

DOWN

Banned
For real why did everyone have a deep tough
week (besides Dany with that cute pic)?

Hope y’all are feeling better soon. My inbox is open. I may not know the resolution for my stress but I’d gladly try and discuss yours.

Bladenic

I'm having a bad week cuz the horoscope predicted Cancer would have a bad week and that shit always comes true (when my mom tells about it).

Gibbs

I'm simply pacing the floor panicking. My anxiety gets out of control like something is deathly wrong and I can't figure it out. I've been tearing up over it.

Plus yesterday was one year since my ex and I have talked snd that was rough. I miss him every day.

If anyone needs to talk or vent, my inbox is open. Pretty sure my problem solving skills, and helping people is on point.

Jesus guys and gals, everyone is down, are you guys ok? Maybe it's the new moon :p

I'm drunk and ready to go to a bear,"game of thrones" gay party, my expectations are low though.

I was going to mention that I had a good day yesterday, but I thought it would've been a little insensitive.

I hope you all will do better soon. In meantime maybe some 80s remixes of contemporary songs will help:

https://youtu.be/HsQoNUpqwKY
https://youtu.be/8uDQ0P9AWc8

I'm having a bad week cuz the horoscope predicted Cancer would have a bad week and that shit always comes true (when my mom tells about it).

I'm a cancer too, so that should tell you how worthwhile horoscopes are.

Crayons

Banned
I'm simply pacing the floor panicking. My anxiety gets out of control like something is deathly wrong and I can't figure it out. I've been tearing up over it.
I feel the same way. But I think its because I haven't drank alcohol since yeaterday

On an unrelated note, Mickey and Ian on Shameless...god I love them as a couple. I'm up to season 2 now

Waiting for hormone approval is honestly the worst. I feel like my body is getting worse by the day.

On-topic, anyone have any recommendations for 2017 games that did a good job with LGBTQIA+ representation? I can only think of Night in the Woods and Nier: Automata.

Yep but I go out so rarely that it's not a huge deal to me. I wouldn't have a clue where they'd be in Melbourne.

Waiting for hormone approval is honestly the worst. I feel like my body is getting worse by the day.

On-topic, anyone have any recommendations for 2017 games that did a good job with LGBTQIA+ representation? I can only think of Night in the Woods and Nier: Automata.
My fingers are crossed for your hormone approval!

The main player character in The Walking Dead: A New Frontier (Javier) is bisexual. I only found this out now when going looking for answers to your question.
GjlmglG.jpg

That scene being referred to seems to be this... and it's disappointing but I like the comment from the writer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvPH0VeWdmg
Among a lot of scenes between him and Kate.

But more importantly!: The Tea Room, a game by Robert Yang (name your own price: https://radiatoryang.itch.io/the-tearoom) is notable. It's about cruising in a public toilet, in 1962 Mansfield, Ohio*. But it's about the fear of being caught, the risk and reward and not being sure who to trust. Consequences are big: you lose all your progress. Also the dicks are represented as flesh guns as a commentary on, and attempted evasion of, censorship.

*Check out this stuff that the game is based on (same year, same town, same subject):
In 1962, The Highway Safety Foundation loaned camera equipment to the Mansfield Police Department to film the escapades of some of the city's homosexual men, who met for sexual relations in an underground public restroom on the north side of Central Park. The men filmed were charged under Ohio's sodomy law, and all served a minimum of one year in the state penitentiary. The resulting footage, combined with overdubbed audio commentary by officials of the Mansfield Police Department, was eventually compiled by HSF as the 1964 film Camera Surveillance. Video artist William E. Jones of Massillon, Ohio, obtained copies of the original footage shot by the Mansfield Police Department. Jones transferred the grainy color footage of the original police surveillance films to video and removed the police commentary, presenting it as a silent piece entitled Tearoom (2007). Jones' film was featured in an exhibit at the Whitney Museum of American Art in New York in 2008.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mansfield,_Ohio#Film_industry

Golnei

The last few days have been pretty miserable for me as well, but next week should be busy enough to at least distract me, which is good.

There's a place that opens at 2pm which is more my thing, honestly.

Yeah that's the type of thing I have in mind.

I haven't really been to any places that could be described as gay bars either - unless you count ordinary bars with "LGBT-friendly" as a single bullet point of their online description. It's more something I'd need to do with friends, and I don't have that many who aren't straight.

If you find a place worth recommending in Melbourne, would you mind telling me?

Yep but I go out so rarely that it's not a huge deal to me. I wouldn't have a clue where they'd be in Melbourne.
Same, going out rarely and not a huge deal for me. The internet shows a few around Collingwood/Abbotsford/Fitzroy. Sircuit Bar, The Peel, The Laird and DT's Hotel. About 80 minutes by public transport from where I live.

Maybe we could meet up some time in the city? :)

The last few days have been pretty miserable for me as well, but next week should be busy enough to at least distract me, which is good.

I haven't really been to any places that could be described as gay bars either - unless you count ordinary bars with "LGBT-friendly" as a single bullet point of their online description. It's more something I'd need to do with friends, and I don't have that many who aren't straight.

If you find a place worth recommending in Melbourne, would you mind telling me?
I heard good things about The Laird, a bear/leather bar if that's of interest to you.

Sorry to hear about the bad last few days.

Maybe at some point we could meet up in the city? :)

Gibbs

whewww alcohol.

All the alcohol! I have some stashed in my closet. I'm craving poptarts baaaaad. I want strawberry or blueberry like meow!

My mood has slightly improved but meh. Quantum Break is giving me life atm.

Oh, and pretty sure I got bailed on for a date. So life sucks again. I swear why even try?

Gibbs

"Why even try"

Lmao right? It really seems hopeless for some of us

Right! All the dating apps and even though I get messages, these people live a bit away and ugh... they seem like creepers or definitely aren't my type.

Debating if I just want to go into the retirement home at 30 and stop caring.

Crayons

Banned
Right! All the dating apps and even though I get messages, these people live a bit away and ugh... they seem like creepers or definitely aren't my type.

Same tbh

I'm just hoping I get rich enough I can just pay someone to love me

Gibbs

I'd like to argue that many of us were probably born during the wrong era. Though during dinner on Friday night with my BFF, we decided if I am single still at 60, and she gets divorced, that we will get married so we wont have to be alone. Backup plan at least.

Same tbh

I'm just hoping I get rich enough I can just pay someone to love me

You are young, attractive, and will find someone with ease. Some guy will appreciate your crayola.

DOWN

Banned

Which apps are you using? Like dating apps or hookup apps?

Gibbs

Which apps are you using? Like dating apps or hookup apps?

Mixture of both. Match, OK Cupid, POF, Grindr, Surge, Tinder. These are just ontop of my head. I may have tried others and deleted them at some point. Debating on Zoosk but probably won't waste my time.

I don't even look at apps anymore honestly.

I'm probably going to just bail on them all and just say screw it. I mean, its the same people on every damn one of them. LIke just give me a chance! Say hi! Instead I get "cut/uncut, top/bottom and those questions mixed with penis and asshole pictures. Ugh.

Sometimes I want to put my sexuality to straight and see if I have any luck on the other side.

There is an FMV game on Steam, The Awkward Steve Duology ($3.50 from memory at the moment). Rather, two games together. The second game is a sweet story about a man with social anxiety who locks himself in the bathroom when his housemate unexpectedly throws a party and he finds things to do to pass the time. Actual big spoilers
his male housemate's ex-bf bonds with your character in messqges pushed under the door, it has a sad ending though with the other guy being dead, why do that

They are absurdly comedic games that take social anxiety seriously though it might initially seem to be laughing at people with it, I don't think it is

There is an FMV game on Steam, The Awkward Steve Duology ($3.50 from memory at the moment). Rather, two games together. The second game is a sweet story about a man with social anxiety who locks himself in the bathroom when his housemate unexpectedly throws a party and he finds things to do to pass the time. Actual big spoilers
his male housemate's ex-bf bonds with your character in messqges pushed under the door, it has a sad ending though with the other guy being dead, why do that

They are absurdly comedic games that take social anxiety seriously though it might initially seem to be laughing at people with it, I don't think it is

I saw your request earlier on PSN and accepted. I think it was you anyway lol

Good then. How are you doing?
I'm going ok. Supermarket cashiering, working my way to be able to faro shuffle reliably (cutting a deck exactly to the card where I want to and then weaving the two packets to be perfectly interlaced). Something I was always intimidated by but has heaps of useful mathematical properties for magic.

Currently at where I vounteer and just spilled ice coffee in one of those takeaway sippy cups due to insecure lid. There are a few suspicious drops on my crotch.

Thing I can do: half reliably faro shuffle.
Thing I can't do: use a sippy cup.

How are you doing at the moment? :)

I'm going ok. Supermarket cashiering, working my way to be able to faro shuffle reliably (cutting a deck exactly to the card where I want to and then weaving the two packets to be perfectly interlaced). Something I was always intimidated by but has heaps of useful mathematical properties for magic.

Currently at where I vounteer and just spilled ice coffee in one of those takeaway sippy cups due to insecure lid. There are a few suspicious drops on my crotch.

Thing I can do: half reliably faro shuffle.
Thing I can't do: use a sippy cup.

How are you doing at the moment? :)

I am trying to sleep as I work in the morning but that's not happening. I haven't been in the best mood lately but I am doing ok at the moment other than the whole sleeping thing.

Dany

Banned
Had a friend in town for a short vacay. Made me miss so much from chicago, but also made me appreciate everything I have now in seattle. :) I was nervous moving, but am forever glad I made the change

Kevyt

Sooo dating apps, a mixed bag for many... I wonder if it's even worth it to try them. I only ever used Okcupid and POF for a very short time.

I've yet to meet a couple that says "yeah we met on Tinder!" or anyone in close proximity that I know of.

:thinking:

JCX

Sooo dating apps, a mixed bag for many... I wonder if it's even worth it to try them. I only ever used Okcupid and POF for a very short time.

I've yet to meet a couple that says "yeah we met on Tinder!" or anyone in close proximity that I know of.

:thinking:

I know plenty of couples, gay and otherwise, who have met via apps.

It's hard to find guys who are into gaming and going out to bars. I may just be a unicorn in that respect.

Top Bottom