• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXVI| Build a Wall (of Better Top 20 Albums)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really need to listen to an Aesop Rock album. I've only heard single tracks here and there.

Labor Days or None Shall Pass are good starting points. Skelethon is good too.

In general, Skelethon and None Shall Pass are less obscure and obfuscating than Labor days. Try those two before Labor Days.

IrishNinja

So apparently GZA's new album will be about Physics and space time? Uh...sounds interesting. Apparently he met with Sallie Chrisholm and David Kaiser.

yeah he's been saying it'd be on that subject matter for years, we'll see though
Liquid Swords 2 in stores any day now

also Supereme Clientele 2: the wallie era, Blackout! 3, Crystal Meth & Muddy Waters 2 in 2017, belie dat pheghboi

Feel like asking a question that's been beat into the ground.

Stillmatic Intro vs The Dynasty intro?

i love the shit out of Stillmatic & fuck with that intro but cmon

So I never listened to Big Pun, should I check out Capital Punishment?

it's a better use of your time than anything this thread will produce, yes

you know just when you thought rae sremmurd fucking fell all the way off into irrelevance black beatles becomes a huge hit. honestly i think it could be their best single.

Glass Rebel

you know just when you thought rae sremmurd fucking fell all the way off into irrelevance black beatles becomes a huge hit. honestly i think it could be their best single.

Did you see Ebro getting in his feelings about it?
mjlol.png

Giving Rosenberg a run for his money when it comes to lameness.

lol he got sonned by a 14 year old rapper hahaha. i mean, he's right about the mannequin challenge but i don't get why he's so mad about it or has to point it out.

Zekes!

I only heard about the Mannequin Challenge from an off hand comment while watching a stream a week back and I didn't even realize Rae Sremmurd's track was connected to it. I always seem to miss out on these social media trends; probably 'cause I ain't on none except Instagram.

The track itself is whatever, don't really feel no two ways about it. Since I'm posting I will just say that Tribe album might be favourite of the year and I wasn't expecting it to

Nabs

Kanye needs help. He stormed off the stage and threw the mic down after 3 songs and a Beyonce rant.

FZZ

Banned
He really did it fam

He really fucking did it

He's trying to make himself seem like the biggest piece of shit on the planet

For no reason

Think about your mom Ye

Glass Rebel

lol he got sonned by a 14 year old rapper hahaha. i mean, he's right about the mannequin challenge but i don't get why he's so mad about it or has to point it out.

Ebro has been hating on Rae Sremmurd for a while. Dude is always so bitter about hip-hop, it's no wonder he's getting his lunch eaten by BFC.

Kanye needs help. He stormed off the stage and threw the mic down after 3 songs and a Beyonce rant.

People gave him some leeway after he blessed us with some cool songs off TLOP but he needs an intervention badly.

He really did it fam

He really fucking did it

He's trying to make himself seem like the biggest piece of shit on the planet

For no reason

Think about your mom Ye
I've been in a perpetual state of near nervous breakdown all year and have actively sought to and achieved in ruining my financial status among other things, partly because of the pressure and judgement from others I feel (whether legitimate or not).
So I can only imagine how Kanye feels since he really has all of that pressure and all of those eyes, amongst whatever other issues he has.
Hope he gets help.

Fjordson

Knew some people who were at the Kanye show in Sacramento and it was a total train wreck apparently. Three songs after starting almost two hours late and he bounced.

PlayDat

Hi Gaf Hop! I haven’t been active here in a very long time, but I do read nearly everything. This is by far my favorite subcommunity on Neogaf. Starting later this week, I’ll be posting more regularly. I’m still reading through the last bits of OTXV. If you haven’t noticed by now, CRS (the person who made the last four AOTY threads) doesn’t post here very much anymore. I’m not expecting him to make a comeback anytime soon either. Here’s a sample of his last few posts.

You all suck.
Burn this place down.
Burn it all down

I wouldn’t blame him for bowing out of tallying the votes this time around. Is anyone planning on doing the AOTY thread? I volunteer to do the next one. Sorry if this has been decided already. If someone else is set on doing the job then I’ll back off.

Knew some people who were at the Kanye show in Sacramento and it was a total train wreck apparently. Three songs after starting almost two hours late and he bounced.

lmao Pitchfork talked about that concert last night, took shots at Beyonce, Jay-Z, Hillary

The show ended with him addressing the media: “Right now, press, get ready to write your passive aggressive, LeBron James racist comments, Season 4, racist comments—get ready to have a field day press! Get ready! Get ready, the show is over!” And then he dropped the mic as the audience audibly expressed their anger.

This nigga is the GOAT troll

The transcript of his rant is up. Dude has gotta get some help. http://pigeonsandplanes.com/news/2016/11/kanye-west-ends-show-3-songs

"Obama couldn't make America great," he continued. "Because he couldn't be him to be who he was. Black men have been slaves. Obama wasn't allowed to do this [screams] and still win. He had to be perfect. But being perfect don't always change shit, bro [...] I am putting my career, my life, my public well-standing at risk when I talk to y'all like this. This is a moment in the matrix, bro."

can we pinpoint the exact moment Kanye West lost his fuckin' mind???

Kanye's always been crazy but he went over the edge after his mother died. Ya'll were just hypnotized by overproduced beats and too swayed by Pitchfork reviews to notice.

Kanye's always been crazy but he went over the edge after his mother died. Ya'll were just hypnotized by overproduced beats and too swayed by Pitchfork reviews to notice.
Damn, son, I've seen some contrarian shit in my life, but this takes the cake.

I'll agree he went a little bit crazy after his mother died, but to say his art produced after that is garbage is taking it a bit too far. He's always seemed like the kind of dude to give 110% in whatever it is he does, especially if it'll make his fans happy; that's why he "fixed" Wolves, why he's working with guys like Montana of 300, Migos, Lil Yachty, etc. He's been walking that fine line between unfiltered honesty and crazy talk for quite a while now, and just alternates what side he oversteps on. Past couple months, he's been trying to be pretty real, but I can see how almost losing the person he loves most in the world after his mom and the mother of his children could push him over the edge.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
"Obama couldn't make America great," he continued. "Because he couldn't be him to be who he was. Black men have been slaves. Obama wasn't allowed to do this [screams] and still win. He had to be perfect. But being perfect don't always change shit, bro [...] I am putting my career, my life, my public well-standing at risk when I talk to y'all like this. This is a moment in the matrix, bro."

can we pinpoint the exact moment Kanye West lost his fuckin' mind???
About two days ago, give or take a day.

Plus he got a million enamblers who just nod at everything he says

"He just sayin what we all thinking"
"Powerful tbh...inspirational even"
"TLOP AOTY fam"

Like no joke he's really crazy yo

Like if kid cudi can get help then so can Kanye frfr
Plus he got a million enablers who just nod at everything he says

"He just sayin what we all thinking"
"Powerful tbh...inspirational even"
"TLOP AOTY fam"

I'm definitely awaiting a tour cancellation announcement sometime this week or maybe even next. It's not good press for Kanye and if anything, it's going to antagonize the crowd to the extent people are gonna throw shit at him before he says a word. I want to believe this is just a side-effect from the Paris incident, but who even knows anymore? Is it just a character, is it real? Is Kanye channeling Andy Kaufman, and playing us all?

I really think whatever happens after this tour, he needs to pull a MBDTF and just lie low for a year, year and a half. Fame can drive you crazy and he's becoming proof of that. I hope Ye gets better, because he's allegedly a decent dude, just a decent dude with a lack of coherence and a proclivity to self-destruct.

A قوي six out of 10

Fantano the one true prophet for some GAF-Hop members for sure
(Andrew, Irish, Cheddahz)
dfrisyqxxs61.png

Nah, Fantano I more or less take either way. I actually do pay attention to what he says, but no way will I ever take what he says as gospel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom