• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Path of Exile |OT| Loot 3.0

Zeth

Crap, thought today was the day. Will probably just delete my client and download the Steam version tomorrow, since I haven't played for a few updates (since July).

Gothos

I'm still debating whether use Steam client or the standalone one. RIght now I'm more inclined to use the second one - achievments will be integrated into the game itself and I don't really need to know /played_time. Don't really see the incentive to use the Steam client, to be honest...

KKRT00

I'm still debating whether use Steam client or the standalone one. RIght now I'm more inclined to use the second one - achievments will be integrated into the game itself and I don't really need to know /played_time. Don't really see the incentive to use the Steam client, to be honest...

I will be playing normal client, where Steam one will be downloading, then i switch for Steam cards :p
I think that managing GAF contacts will be easier with Steam client.

garath

I added Path of Exile as an external Steam game anyways so my friends could see when I was playing. They did the same. The infrastructure of Steam is much better in terms of being able to communicate with friends. I also like auto downloads of patches and no login.

Steam client for me.

Rufus

Not gonna lie, I'll be using the Steam client just for cards.

Not having to re-activate via email all the time will be nice too, since I have a dynamic IP.

Decado

Steam client for voice chat.

Question: Do spells and abilities hurt your friend's character in co-op?

Also, in general, what's the best resource to learn how all the stats work, what they effect, "hidden" stats etc.? I know the official site has a good character planner, but I always like really knowing what everything does. thanks

KKRT00

Steam client for voice chat.

Question: Do spells and abilities hurt your friend's character in co-op?

Also, in general, what's the best resource to learn how all the stats work, what they effect, "hidden" stats etc.? I know the official site has a good character planner, but I always like really knowing what everything does. thanks

No friendly fire.

I love a good QQ over patch notes.

Legacy items aren't used in competitive leagues, so players own them don't receive any advantage. PoE has always had the vision of having fresh ladders to compete in where everyone starts on an even playing field. If a person wants to spend 200 exalts on a legacy Kaom's, that's fine, it doesn't affect the competitive economy. As long as they can't be used in PvP I'm happy with it.

Gothos

I love a good QQ over patch notes.

Legacy items aren't used in competitive leagues, so players own them don't receive any advantage. PoE has always had the vision of having fresh ladders to compete in where everyone starts on an even playing field. If a person wants to spend 200 exalts on a legacy Kaom's, that's fine, it doesn't affect the competitive economy. As long as they can't be used in PvP I'm happy with it.

Sell legacy items in standard/HC league for real money (we all know where), use that money to buy exalts in the new leagues - so it's possible to actually benefit from that change. Also, those new leagues are not really competetive. After a week or two usual power gamers who play in parties will steamroll content as usual. Unfortunetely as long as there is that big of discrepency between solo/group play in PoE this game will not be truly competetive :)

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
I will be starting Scion in the new League.

Yay! to had she unlocked.

Zeth

Oh my god. This Kripp stream. Haven't watched him since he started Hearthstone. Is this the first time he's had PoE people on stream since then? And Space Jam while he's AFK? I'm dying, lmao.

Ploid 3.0

Oh my god. This Kripp stream. Haven't watched him since he started Hearthstone. Is this the first time he's had PoE people on stream since then? And Space Jam while he's AFK? I'm dying, lmao.

Hearth was boring to watch, yay he's back in PoE for now. Thanks for the heads up.

Edit: Bah back to hearth stone. Bails out of stream.

going to redownload the game once it hits steam. i played it for many hours during the beta but stopped then. so going in there fresh.

Gromph

Staff Member
About,

GAF guild? Count me in, and note i will playing on JST time.

Barzul

Is POE much better now? I stopped playing about a year ago because of constant disconnects and decided to stick with D3 (which I've also stopped playing). Will be checking it out.

FINALBOSS

Banned
So what's everyone's thoughts on the launch patch? I'm pretty mixed about it--seems more of an overall buff to groups and a big nerf to solo players. Either way I'm not discouraged and I'm so fucking excited. Going to try a 2H build or something wild with Spectral Throw in the new leagues.

As for the legacy items...I think most opinions land firmly in the camp of "I have a legacy item so I'm rich now" and "I don't and I think they are unfair". I'm currently sitting on a 6L Shavronne's Wrappings which will now be turned into a legacy item so I guess I'm OK with the changes--but a vast majority of people will continue playing in the new 4-month leagues so I really don't think it's that big of a deal.

Also just dropped another 60 bones into the game and picked up 600 points. Gonna get some new tabs maybe or effects. With the nerf to dual-wielding I won't need to buy 2 Infernal effects (even though with the Divine supporter pack the effect works on both weapons) so that's a bonus I guess--although I like the allure of dual-wielding. Something tells me they will reverse the nerf on Cleave dual wielding because with that nerf in the game, there's literally no reason to dual-wield over sword/board.

Edit: Do we know exactly when the patch is dropping tomorrow? The countdown ends at Noon EST time so I'm assuming then. I'll be downloading the game on Steam but will do it later on during down time.

Gromph

Staff Member
My steam is: vadrek

Fell free to add me ;-)

FINALBOSS

Banned
Should I delete the game from my computer, and wait for the Steam download? I want to use my Steam friend's list, chat, etc.

Just do what I'm doing...wait for some downtime in a few days after launch then download from Steam.

Also, you never know if someone finds out you'll be able to copy and paste the client files into the steamapps folder and be ready to rock and roll after Steam checks them.

Anyone have room for one?

I'm going to be rolling a new character in HC once the game releases on steam. I'm looking for at least a few people to join. I'll be on about 30-45 minutes after it goes live. (EST TZ)

Steam: Busta SMurk, (or might be Busta_SMurk)

I has a TS server.

syko de4d

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/546455

Many people have asked for more information on how guilds work. On the social panel you can create a guild. Names are not unique, so call it what you want. Powerful guilds can obtain tags that appear next to their members' names in chat. This requires sacrificing a set of end-game Maps, each of which corresponds to a letter or symbol in the tag. Tags are unique and some symbols are much rarer than others. Tags can be 3-6 symbols in length. While you're in a guild, you can chat to other members (even across leagues!) with the & symbol. The guild leader can set membership permissions (Leader, Officer, Member). Officers can also invite new Members.

Guilds start with 30 member slots and you can purchase sets of 10 extra slots for 100 points ($1 each). There's currently a maximum of 200. We may increase this in the future once we fully understand their impact on server performance. Guild stash tabs (which are all nameable/colourable) can also be purchased. The guild leader can set permissions on which tiers of members can view, add items and remove items from tabs.

Only the guild leader can purchase microtransactions for their guild, but members and officers can donate points to their guild to help with these purchases. The guild leader can accept and reject point donations on the guild webpage (on this site). If they accept a point donation, then they are unable to kick that member out of the guild for three months. It's possible to reject donations if you don't really want to take their points.

Man 200 members is alot xD

We still need a name and a 3-6Symbol Tag. (NeoGAF would be 6 :p)

So what's the deal with the new leagues/league changes?

They scrapped original HC or something?

If I'm going to be rolling a new character, what league do I put them in?

Zeth

So what's the deal with the new leagues/league changes?

They scrapped original HC or something?

If I'm going to be rolling a new character, what league do I put them in?

2 new 4-month "Challenge Leagues". Fresh start.

Old Hardcore and Standard still exist but the action will be in the new leagues (which happen every 4 months so far).

My steam name: EsotericDaemon. Everybody add me! (I'm at work). I'd be happy to join the guild although I don't play hours and hours a day except maybe the weekends. Has the league been decided upon?

RS4-

Wow, I only hit a whopping level 9. I don't remember the last time I actually played. I think it was the combat that was kind of eh for me.

Anyway my steam: beattribe (gagne ouest)

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So, this is going to be free to play on Steam? I may check it out. I've been wanting a "sequel to Diablo 2" like the advertising says.

So, this is going to be free to play on Steam? I may check it out. I've been wanting a "sequel to Diablo 2" like the advertising says.

Yes, completely free. So free that you'll feel bad for playing such an awesome game without spending money. But some of the microtransactions are useful (even if its not pay to win), so if you play a bunch you'll probably end up buying something.

By the way, does GGG still release any of their financial standings? I wonder how they're doing lately.

V_Arnold

I am so hyped for this.

Will fortune grant me some currencies and some uniques this season? Or will I remain in the realm of Orb of Alchemies and Chaoses again? TUNE IN AFTER THE BREAK TO FIND OUT!

Perkel

Banned
I am so hyped for this.

Will fortune grant me some currencies and some uniques this season? Or will I remain in the realm of Orb of Alchemies and Chaoses again? TUNE IN AFTER THE BREAK TO FIND OUT!

Considering they upped like a lot rarity % for bosses yes.

BTW my Steam name is ... Perkel. Feel free to add

Top Bottom