• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just Mafia |OT| Sometimes You Don't Need A Reason to Lynch Your Friends

Fat4all

Banned
not everyone can write the next great American mystery novel, hey_lunchey

sometimes you have to pad the old fashioned way

The Great No-Lunch Debate, Part 3:

I am voting No Lynch, and I urge you to do the same. I'll explain why:

If we don't vote to lynch a player today, and instead vote No Lynch, we take away Mafia's ability to play this game reactively.

• They will have to base the decision solely on what we've seen players say in discussion. That information is more detailed than a simple vote.
  • Since there was no flip, they can't reactively use the flip's information to guide their NK.
  • They can't use the tactic of hiding in a group of voters, or splitting their votes among tied players.
  • They can't NK a target to try to cast doubt on someone else's vote.

Here's what will likely happen if we lynch a player today:

• We will very likely hit a Town player, bringing us closer to losing.
  • We will very likely create a voting shitshow near the end of the day, which will just serve to cloud the waters of what even happened today.
  • Town will generally be playing on Offense, which just makes for lots of mistakes because we're blind.

To sum it up, we disrupt the meta and slow the game timer down by No Lynching today. The flip we gain today wont have much likelihood of being scum, or telling us a lot. I would rather listen before acting.

Kark, I don't think your logic is bad. On the contrary, I'd be inclined to agree with you depending on the situation. But in order to pull it off today, you'd probably have to get at least four people to agree with you, maybe more if votes are splitting. It seems very unlikely that this will happen, given the feelings about Lunch vs No Lunch in the GAFia meta. In light of that - and I know you know the unlikelihood of this push succeeding - in the end, how does this help town?

(yes, lunch is just more fun to say, sorry)

Formidable, alors comme votre premier mousquetaire, Karkador tu as mon epee!

#d'art

Fat4all

Banned
That was mystery? guffaw

Got me your whole Role

giphy.gif

He has your pointy stick?

If I couldn't find someone I thought to be scum, I'd consider voting No Lynch, but that hasn't ever happened to me so far, that I recall.

Lead on with no leads, mechanized out the machine this pencil clicks and who needs ink when you don't got an eraser, yeah?

Kalor

Thinking about it, I might be able to get behind a no lynch today. I've been for it in the past but was shut down so playing a game where it actually happens would be nice. Especially because no-ones sticking out that I actually want to vote for.

Just want to point out and push these players to say a tad more and share their thoughts on today

Cewyn 2p
CornBurrito 8p
Dusk Soldier 8p
isaacnukem 7p
Kalor 5p
kitsunelaine 9p
LaunchpadMcQ 9p
Lone_Prodigy 4
NeckToChicken 8p
rac 8p
Dusk Soldier 8p
You must really want my opinion. Anything in particular you want to ask?

franconp

The Great No-Lunch Debate, Part 3:

I am voting No Lynch, and I urge you to do the same. I'll explain why:

If we don't vote to lynch a player today, and instead vote No Lynch, we take away Mafia's ability to play this game reactively.

So we gave them the iniciative? For how long we should be doing that?

• They will have to base the decision solely on what we've seen players say in discussion. That information is more detailed than a simple vote.
  • Since there was no flip, they can't reactively use the flip's information to guide their NK.
  • They can't use the tactic of hiding in a group of voters, or splitting their votes among tied players.

• They can also hide with the group of No Lynch voters.

[*]They can't NK a target to try to cast doubt on someone else's vote.
Here's what will likely happen if we lynch a player today:

• We will very likely hit a Town player, bringing us closer to losing.

• We are going to hit town during the game. We are even going to hit PR during the course of the game. It's the nature of the game. We shouldn't be afraid of voting.

[*]We will very likely create a voting shitshow near the end of the day, which will just serve to cloud the waters of what even happened today.

That could happen even with a No Lynch vote. The opinions are split so it may not be an easy day end.

[*]Town will generally be playing on Offense, which just makes for lots of mistakes because we're blind.

We can still be blind starting day 2. Again, how long do we keep waiting before we start acting?

Here's the thing.

My third reason for voting you is fishing. I have no intention of lynching a noob on day one, whatever their play. It's not fun for anyone, and it's bad for the community. I have been waiting until gambit-end-time to move my vote, in case some of the scum jumped on noob-lynch-train. That doesn't seem to be happening, so they must be chasing some other easy target for day one.

Why Kitsune over Neck?

Can't edit.

Do you plan to stop posting when you reach your tenth post?

Here's the thing.

My third reason for voting you is fishing. I have no intention of lynching a noob on day one, whatever their play. It's not fun for anyone, and it's bad for the community. I have been waiting until gambit-end-time to move my vote, in case some of the scum jumped on noob-lynch-train. That doesn't seem to be happening, so they must be chasing some other easy target for day one.

Ah, there we go! A reason that makes sense. Well played. Let me join you. :)

Vote: Zubz

Fat4all

Banned
It's always advantageous for scum to spread their votes unless there's an option so popular it would look weird going against it.

Zubz

Banned
Why are you voting now then, Kitsune? If this is about the typo, I feel genuinely torn up about it. If this is about my plan, that's for me to know, & for players to figure out. I fear I'm getting too obvious now, really.

not really

Ooh! Ominous!

nin1000

Banned
You must really want my opinion. Anything in particular you want to ask?

Yeah, made a mistake sorry.

Initially i did not want to have you on that list since your posts had at least some substance. I then realized naw man add him back.

Posted.

And then realized i did not even cut you off to begin with lol

But Sure, give me your impressions on the game.

Lead on with no leads, mechanized out the machine this pencil clicks and who needs ink when you don't got an eraser, yeah?
You agreed to oblige so you are now obligated.
Name me your nemeses.
Do not mislead the noobs, once misled, they become mistrustful.
Of course i understand that it is predicated on existing data.
But why do you believe me to be Scum, then?
This info is findable in my previous posts, tho spread out.
You were my number 2 choice, based on your gambit.
It was time to move my vote.
I will figure out my number 1 choice after work.
Why Kitsune over Neck?
Somebody had already voted the chicken. I dressed the naked noob in red.

NeckToChicken

Unconfirmed Member
You're smart, explain to me the correlation between Karkador voting for No Lynch and Zubz' claim to have not read his own Role PM, in electroswing lyrics.

Re: my intelligence, let's not get too crazy here.

The only electroswing I know that says enough lacks lyrics, so either my response is akin to yodeling or I cheat and say "Something's OFF, Soup's on, baby".

Which is to say I would be fine with Zubz as a target, as the no lynch plan is tearing this family apart. But...

That doesn't seem to be happening, so they must be chasing some other easy target for day one.

This is the problem. If Zubz *has* bumbled a gambit, then nailing him for it gives scum a decent place to hide if he gains a large vote majority. Two or three votes in a sea of eleven would be easy to fit.

I think Zubz fucked up but I don't see a reason to lynch him right now. He already admitted he looked at his PM.

Same. Absent anything else and with him having given it up with plenty of discussion time remaining, I'm not reading him as particularly scummy.

Zubz

Banned
My gambit is only bumbled if I'm killed. It's not as good as it was at first, but I'm still in it.

I do agree that we shouldn't dogpile on anyone, though. Which Isaac did on my vote for Kark, & now Kitsune's doing on me. There was little deliberation in both cases other than a "me too;" they're both worthwhile targets, but Imm holding onto my prod vote for now.

NeckToChicken

Unconfirmed Member
My gambit is only bumbled if I'm killed. It's not as good as it was at first, but I'm still in it.

Hah, that's true. There are enough dissenting voices to your lynch to back that up.

We still don't get out of day 1 without some sort of vote. I'm as hesitant to vote as you are, but I guess it's fitting for me to be a bit chicken? I'll spit some totally baseless suspicions for courage.

Lone_Prodigy's numbered responses are neat, and you missed #4. Lost your fourth?
rac is a bit terse, and self-described as such. Not damning, Just Frustrating.
acohrs occupies a weird memory hole for me, even despite the push on Zubz. Sneaky beaky like.

I do agree that we shouldn't dogpile on anyone, though. Which Isaac did on my vote for Kark, & now Kitsune's doing on me. There was little deliberation in both cases other than a "me too;" they're both worthwhile targets, but Imm holding onto my prod vote for now.

Bumbled if you die, huh? That's odd phrasing.

No. Because it comes across as bandwagoning.

Well, here's the thing: Wee provided me with an understanding behind their choices, which I felt sufficient. After that, I switched to the next person in the line whom was doing something strange that I didn't quite understand and thus seemed suspicious.

Well, here's the thing: Wee provided me with an understanding behind their choices, which I felt sufficient. After that, I switched to the next person in the line whom was doing something strange that I didn't quite understand and thus seemed suspicious.

Yeah.
Saying "this guy looked suspicious because XYZ" makes sense, and nobody would bug you if you said it.....well not much.
Saying "yah Wee i will follow you" is just weird. Especially since from my perspective, I'm just parking my vote on a dude who already gave up his gambit. I don't interfere in those, but I do roll my eyes until the people give it up. I could have unvoted, but well...i wanted to vote out autocorrect. :p

Karkador, it seems you're sticking to the NL idea. Do you see...any reads? Pro or con? Anywhere? You have had ZERO words that were nt about NL for the whole day.

Top Bottom