• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT5| Our Golden Anniversary Brings Us Hope

Celegus

I'm at 950 / 1200 for Adventurer V, so should have it in a week or so.

Free summon blue > gold, Werei! That's two great ones in a row with Xon yesterday, what is this madness!

Daily was Edge...

Jeez... dead week, shit pull, again. The shit streak continues.

Only thing that can save this is if I beat Malboro with my team of 4* base w/ a 5* friend.

Next week I don’t know if I even want to play... seriously, with this much content left already developed (and Japan not missing a week as far as I know) gumi can’t figure out how to bridge two collab raids that global can’t get?

I mean that is why we got nier early (fix content for 1 collab Raid we aren’t getting) but now we are delaying story/mog king events to fill the one after this raid.

Just disappointing, frustrating makes me bored with the game.

Dandte

I want the star ocean collab much more than a nier re run...so III is one my most fav. Games and Fayt being the 5* makes it even better!

Whales

Banned
gumi : lots of players have lost interest this past month, most of the events have been trash and boring, no moogles in this raid AND we fucked them up with nier.... What could we do this week to regain some trust/morale back?

also gumi: dead week!!!! Great idea!

Alkez

Well, I held out hope until the last possible moment, but yes, it's literally just a dead week with no new content or a new banner. The first such week since the game's release.

Dreadful.
gumi : lots of players have lost interest this past month, most of the events have been trash and boring, no moogles in this raid AND we fucked them up with nier.... What could we do this week to regain some trust/morale back?

also gumi: dead week!!!! Great idea!

Just as I was getting back into the game as well. Don't know what they're thinking at all. Luckily I'm going away for most of the week come Saturday but would have liked to try for what I was hoping was going to be Gromm tomorrow. I hope they surprise us with something nice.

vato_loco

Hey guys, I have a couple of questions:

- For those using NOX, how exactly do you setup your macros for TM farming? I tried several times to record a macro for farming the Earth Shrine but it keeps failing because the timings are never the same and eventually (and by eventually I mean by the 2-3rd loop) it just breaks. The only time it managed to work for some bizarre reason for 5 loops, the game FC'd on me.

- How do you go about getting those 900+ ATK / MAG characters? I mean I have a 6* lvl 80 character who's a squishy 187 ATK and 215 MAG, while you guys have lvl 100 A2's with 1000 ATK.

Kouriozan

Yep, they are crazy to not put anything when they obviously are losing players, they released Veritas story event 2 way too soon and it's bitting them back now.

Xion86

Nice to see you’re still lurking around Panther ;)

Free pull today was Lawrence.

As much as I love trading Raid Coins in for unit XP, I think I’m going to stop now and save up my Raid Coins to just sell. Hopefully the Maze will provide lots of XP to max out a few more units. Would love to see my Gil go up more now. I’ve crafted everything from the Raid now as well, currently at 1,835,713 points.

I still love this game but hate it too...I can’t go to sleep before using up all my Orbs, any NRG I want and clearing up Expeditions, plus ensuring I do the Exploration daily. And I stress out about Orbs and NRG being full in the day if I’m busy :(. Sometimes I won’t leave the house before using up some Orbs.

Not worrying about pulls though, until Cloud which I’m saving all tickets for. Going to be pretty gutted if after using up every5ing I have I get just trash!

I don't actually mind the lack of content. I also need to do the Erinyes trial, though I'm (still) not going to bother with Malboro.

Basically -- like someone said earlier, this is now a "back pocket time waster." I'm actually, shockingly, getting back into other "real" games, like Pokemon; I hope to finish Uncharted 4 this weekend too.

(If you recall in OT3 I think, I said I'd spend $250 for Noctis, and I did: I bought a PS4 Slim, and UC4 was part of the bundle.)

Niahak

- For those using NOX, how exactly do you setup your macros for TM farming? I tried several times to record a macro for farming the Earth Shrine but it keeps failing because the timings are never the same and eventually (and by eventually I mean by the 2-3rd loop) it just breaks. The only time it managed to work for some bizarre reason for 5 loops, the game FC'd on me.

- How do you go about getting those 900+ ATK / MAG characters? I mean I have a 6* lvl 80 character who's a squishy 187 ATK and 215 MAG, while you guys have lvl 100 A2's with 1000 ATK.

Most people use a pre-existing script they downloaded from the FFBE subreddit. I don't use these, so someone else might be able to confirm whether they're correct:
https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/639xxs/mitch3lls_temporary_lets_talk_nox_macros/

To get 900+ ATK/MAG, you need to fully increase the relevant stat with pots and have materias that increase relevant stat by 50%. Many of these are TMs.

Typical 900+ orlandu build:
RHand: Excalibur (TM from Cecil)
LHand: Genji Sword (Gilgamesh trial reward)
Head: Whitebrim
Body: Demon Mail
Acc1: Genji Glove (Gilgamesh TM)
Acc2: Ifrit Nail (Dark Espers trial reward)

Materia1: Blade Mastery (+50% ATK with Katana, Chizuru TM)
Materia2: Greatsword Mastery (+50% ATK with GS, Dark Espers trial reward)
Materia3: ATK+30%
Materia4: Quick Assault (ATK+30% Dodge+10%, Shine TM)

I still love this game but hate it too...I can’t go to sleep before using up all my Orbs, any NRG I want and clearing up Expeditions, plus ensuring I do the Exploration daily. And I stress out about Orbs and NRG being full in the day if I’m busy :(. Sometimes I won’t leave the house before using up some Orbs.

Agreed! I don't like that you have to "pet" the game so frequently to keep up, especially when no major content's been released this week. It's addictive, which they probably designed it to be... I've managed to let NRG be, but raid orbs are another matter.

across

You can set your own macros up if you want but as a lazy person I generally just utilize whatever the most recent set to come from Reddit is. You can find the current set here, and if you need help with something specific, the people in those threads are generally pretty helpful. Depending on your technological inclination it might be a bit daunting but if you just do things step-by-step it should be fine.

You're a fresh account and most of the remaining people here have been playing for a year, give or take a month or three. Hitting those high ATK/MAG values is a combination of trial rewards and TMs, and we've had many moons and many moogles with which to accumulate the latter.

Once you get macros rolling, you'll want to identify your highest value TMs and start on them. The game is fairly generous with moogles these days so I'd probably just throw them straight in to priority units. If you screenshot or write out your unit list, we can help you figure out who's priority.

vato_loco

You can set your own macros up if you want but as a lazy person I generally just utilize whatever the most recent set to come from Reddit is. You can find the current set here, and if you need help with something specific, the people in those threads are generally pretty helpful. Depending on your technological inclination it might be a bit daunting but if you just do things step-by-step it should be fine.

You're a fresh account and most of the remaining people here have been playing for a year, give or take a month or three. Hitting those high ATK/MAG values is a combination of trial rewards and TMs, and we've had many moons and many moogles with which to accumulate the latter.

Once you get macros rolling, you'll want to identify your highest value TMs and start on them. The game is fairly generous with moogles these days so I'd probably just throw them straight in to priority units. If you screenshot or write out your unit list, we can help you figure out who's priority.
I guess I'll try reddit's macros since my own suck arse.

This is everyone I actually have right now.

NG7OoZW.jpg

To get 900+ ATK/MAG, you need to fully increase the relevant stat with pots and have materias that increase relevant stat by 50%. Many of these are TMs.
Considering I didn't even know Materia existed in this game, it seems I've got a long way to go.

wilstreak

Considering I didn't even know Materia existed in this game, it seems I've got a long way to go.

Is that all of your character? to get the most ATK, then you want to farm

Leon TMR : Dark Knight Soul (30% attack if you use sword and 20% with heavy armor), unfortunately Prishe can't use sword and heavy armor
Shine TMR : Quick Assault (30% ATK, and evade 10%). Best option for you now.
Emperor TMR : whatever its name (give 20% ATK and HP). Very useful

unfortunately you the most important TMR that give Dual Wield ability (able to equip 2 weapon). Dont worry though, keep playing and you will surely get them (Gilgamesh, Zidane, Carmilla, or Abel)

my recommendation for farming (ATK Focused) : Shine, Shine, Sozhe, Ludmille and Prishe
MAG focused : Ace, Ashe, Ludmille, Veritas of the Water, and Zyrus. (looking at your team, this seems better)

Vashetti

Banned

Sell those King Gil Snappers, they're useless other than for giving you lots of money.

across

Materia is just what some people call abilities, for the record, not something you slot into equipment.

wilstreak's post was spot-on in terms of what you should be TMing. Ludmille deserves a special mention - her TM is Dualcast, which is extremely valuable on Refia, who is the most well-rounded healer you have access to right now. With any luck you'll eventually outgrow her but it's probably still a great investment at where you are in the game.

Celegus

I don't actually mind the lack of content. I also need to do the Erinyes trial, though I'm (still) not going to bother with Malboro.

Basically -- like someone said earlier, this is now a "back pocket time waster." I'm actually, shockingly, getting back into other "real" games, like Pokemon; I hope to finish Uncharted 4 this weekend too.

(If you recall in OT3 I think, I said I'd spend $250 for Noctis, and I did: I bought a PS4 Slim, and UC4 was part of the bundle.)
Mobile games don't really cut into "real games" for me... It's more my crippling addiction to Heroes of the Storm that I don't play anything else lol. Though I did finally finish Persona 5 last night despite buying it on launch day. Sadly would not recommend it despite Persona 4 being one of my favorites ever. Maybe I was expecting too much from it. I also played through Uncharted 4 recently (renting games from the library is pretty dope) but really didn't care for it either.

Probably gonna get Destiny 2 next month on PC, because I definitely need more never ending games in my life! Need to get a Switch sometime to check out Zelda, and Mario Odyssey looks incredible.

vato_loco

Is that all of your character? to get the most ATK, then you want to farm

Leon TMR : Dark Knight Soul (30% attack if you use sword and 20% with heavy armor), unfortunately Prishe can't use sword and heavy armor
Shine TMR : Quick Assault (30% ATK, and evade 10%). Best option for you now.
Emperor TMR : whatever its name (give 20% ATK and HP). Very useful

unfortunately you the most important TMR that give Dual Wield ability (able to equip 2 weapon). Dont worry though, keep playing and you will surely get them (Gilgamesh, Zidane, Carmilla, or Abel)

my recommendation for farming (ATK Focused) : Shine, Shine, Sozhe, Ludmille and Prishe
MAG focused : Ace, Ashe, Ludmille, Veritas of the Water, and Zyrus. (looking at your team, this seems better)
Wait, Ludmille? But she only reaches 5*, is she really that good? Also Sozhe was my free pull for the day, a happy guy is me.

I'm gonna start TM'ing with the units you mentioned, it seems the script I got works wonders. It just goes nuts with button pressing on specific places on the screen, as opposed to specific button presses on specific parts of the screens like I did.

Sell those King Gil Snappers, they're useless other than for giving you lots of money.
Sold. I was wondering if they did anything else so I didn't sell them. Got 500k gold.

Materia is just what some people call abilities, for the record, not something you slot into equipment.

wilstreak's post was spot-on in terms of what you should be TMing. Ludmille deserves a special mention - her TM is Dualcast, which is extremely valuable on Refia, who is the most well-rounded healer you have access to right now. With any luck you'll eventually outgrow her but it's probably still a great investment at where you are in the game.
Never mind, wilstreak, I understand why you'd reccomend Ludmille now.

across

Wait, Ludmille? But she only reaches 5*, is she really that good? Also Sozhe was my free pull for the day, a happy guy is me.

Something to keep in mind is that base rarity/max rarity and TM quality do not have an exact relationship.

One of the best TMs (up to a certain point), Dual Wield, comes from Zidane, a 3* base who is a 5* max (at least until next year when GL gets FFIX 6* forms). Lightning, a 5* base, has a TM that I would rather sell than sacrifice the equipment slot to possess.

Even within rarity tiers there's a ton of variation. Do not look at this list as anything approaching gospel, but it's generally accurate as an overview. You don't need to level up units you're TMing, since you're killing literally the weakest enemies in the game with them, so how good the units are or aren't isn't generally relevant.

vato_loco

Something to keep in mind is that base rarity/max rarity and TM quality do not have an exact relationship.

One of the best TMs (up to a certain point), Dual Wield, comes from Zidane, a 3* base who is a 5* max (at least until next year when GL gets FFIX 6* forms). Lightning, a 5* base, has a TM that I would rather sell than sacrifice the equipment slot to possess.

Even within rarity tiers there's a ton of variation. Do not look at this list as anything approaching gospel, but it's generally accurate as an overview. You don't need to level up units you're TMing, since you're killing literally the weakest enemies in the game with them, so how good the units are or aren't isn't generally relevant.
Fair points. I was asking because you recommended a 5* max for an ATK build. But yeah, I've already made a party for ATK (Prishe, Shine x2, Ludmille, Sohze), a party for MAG (Ace, Ludmille, Ashe, Zyrus, Water Veritas), an official anything-goes party (Ace, Ashe, Zyrus, Prishe, Setzer to be replaced by Sohze) and a TM leveling party (Shine x2, Leon, Ludmille x2). Hopefully I'll be able to farm these things relatively fast now that I have a working script. But man, that's a whole lot of griding for 5 TM rewards...

Kouriozan

Once again I'm running out of TM to farm, and I'm still hoarding tons of trust moogles.
Doing them one by one instead of 5x the same unit and then fusing them, once Bartz is done I'll put a 3rd Kefka, and with Tilith almost done that's 4 units who will resist all normal status ailments.
After that, I have honestly no other worthwhile TMs to get until I finally start to pull again. I just hope we'll get the trust moogle fusion QoL ASAP. You can understand I'm not so hot about dead weeks with nothing else to do.

I guess I'm still lacking Setzer / Amelia / Earth and Wind Veritas and a second Vanille.

across

Fair points. I was asking because you recommended a 5* max for an ATK build. But yeah, I've already made a party for ATK (Prishe, Shine x2, Ludmille, Sohze), a party for MAG (Ace, Ludmille, Ashe, Zyrus, Water Veritas), an official anything-goes party (Ace, Ashe, Zyrus, Prishe, Setzer to be replaced by Sohze) and a TM leveling party (Shine x2, Leon, Ludmille x2). Hopefully I'll be able to farm these things relatively fast now that I have a working script. But man, that's a whole lot of griding for 5 TM rewards...

Ahh, I see the disconnect here, perhaps? wilstreak's post was about TM farming parties, not 'physical damage party' and 'magic damage party'. You wouldn't want to TM Leon at all right now, for example, because your biggest physical damager is Prishe and she can't use swords or heavy armour.

When you're starting out, you generally want to funnel all your TM time (and possibly your Moogles, although I'd recommend saving them for a bit in case you get a lucky Zidane/Abel) into getting a single unit to be as powerful as you can. That lone unit, combined with a friend unit where applicable, can carry you through a lot of the events and most if not all of the story content, then you can worry about diversifying later.

In your case I'm not really sure who would be the best unit to focus on. Prishe will be hamstrung by your lack of Dual Wield and your selection of caster TMs is maybe a bit better overall than physical ones. I'd be tempted to say put your effort into Ace.

At this point I don't think DC is a TM worth farming anymore

Most useful mages have it innately

True, but he doesn't have a top-end healer; Refia's the best he's got. Though I guess he does have Luka, so maybe she'd be enough and he could skip Dualcast... :thinking:

RedZaraki

Banned
I think I got FRep all figured out and running now.

Mainly it's for using up excess NRG during the day, when I don't have access to my Laptop.

Still, if it's stable enough I might just use it as the main thing, freeing up my Laptop so it doesn't get so worked every night.

vato_loco

In your case I'm not really sure who would be the best unit to focus on. Prishe will be hamstrung by your lack of Dual Wield and your selection of caster TMs is maybe a bit better overall than physical ones. I'd be tempted to say put your effort into Ace.
I was hoping you'd say that. I'm putting all I've got on Ace (mogs, pots, TM farmings, etc.) because he's my first and only 6*. He's at 17.5% right now. The rest of my active units are at about 6%, maybe less.

Gumi heard "farming" and they thought "industrial levels"...

Niahak

I was hoping you'd say that. I'm putting all I've got on Ace (mogs, pots, TM farmings, etc.) because he's my first and only 6*. He's at 17.5% right now. The rest of my active units are at about 6%, maybe less.

Gumi heard "farming" and they thought "industrial levels"...

While Ace's TM is pretty good (MAG+30% MP+20% ability), long term you might be better served with Ashe or Veritas of Water's TM (MAG+30% MP+30% accessory and MAG+40% rod, SPR+40% robe respectively).

/edit: some reasons:
+MAG% accessories are relatively rarer, and Ashe's gives more overall benefit. You get lots of MAG+30% abilities from trials and such
+40% is better than +30% and the SPR bonus Ace gets from robes will make him sturdier. MP is useful but not as useful as HP/DEF/SPR, especially for Ace who can regen MP indefinitely with his ability.

One key thing is that since TMs are things you get disconnected from the character themselves, they can be equipped to anyone... so you can be TM farming "for" Ace by running characters like Ashe, VoW, Zyrus and using moogles on them.

How far are you through the story? Beyond using NRG at night or when you're busy with other things, I don't know that TM farming is better than story advancement early on.

Thanks for the sharing of the A2's. No longer need it, going to Setzer cheese this plant and spit on his corpse this weekend when I have time.

Same route here once I get time to play. Damn work always getting in the way.

Going with Setzer decked out with killers, second Knife and Fire sword. 5.9k HP.

Bartz using fire katana and Pod 153 and Ling w/ Toxic Rain to chain for crystals and hopeful blind on enemies and Entrust on both if really necessary due to characters later on being snorted away. Ling also has Rikku’s Pouch for Eccentric or status heal if needed. Both 5.7K HP.

Double Rikku. One with Ovverride and the other with Aigaion’s Arm, Mog TM and one of them with Bushido Freedom for when Malboro casts ability that buffs him like a maniac. Both have 6.6K HP.

Planning to also use Ace friend for chaining/imperil and hopefully 5K+ HP.

All units immune to stone.

Looks good on paper. Now just need RNGesus to bless me.

Most units have Parade Curiass too and both Rikkus using Divine Shield for additional 15% HP. Both event crafted equipment. Ling is rocking Tabby Suit.

Plan is for them to die and revive, but HP is high to make sure they don’t die a second time.

wilstreak

Just as across said, TM party that i speak of is there just for its TM. In fact you dont have to level them up or bringing them to real battle.

For battle team, you want them to cover as many utility as possible. It is purely subjective, but i think Ace, Ashe, Prishe, Luka (until you get Dual Cast, then Refia), and Setzer can do well.

Also you do have 1 unit with innate dual wield gun, it is King. He is mediocre, but probaly enough for early content.

At this point I don't think DC is a TM worth farming anymore

Most useful mages have it innately

DC Refia still offer a lot more flexibility since unfortunately he doesn't have unit that can do AoE Raise. If i memory is right, the only non-limited unit that has AoE Raise are only Rikku and Aria (the other being Ling and Tilith). The chance of pulling either one of them outside banner is miniscule.
And some unit like Ashe can benefit from DC Thundaja in some case.

vato_loco

While Ace's TM is pretty good (MAG+30% MP+20% ability), long term you might be better served with Ashe or Veritas of Water's TM (MAG+30% MP+30% accessory and MAG+40% rod, SPR+40% robe respectively).

/edit: some reasons:
+MAG% accessories are relatively rarer, and Ashe's gives more overall benefit. You get lots of MAG+30% abilities from trials and such
+40% is better than +30% and the SPR bonus Ace gets from robes will make him sturdier. MP is useful but not as useful as HP/DEF/SPR, especially for Ace who can regen MP indefinitely with his ability.

One key thing is that since TMs are things you get disconnected from the character themselves, they can be equipped to anyone... so you can be TM farming "for" Ace by running characters like Ashe, VoW, Zyrus and using moogles on them.

How far are you through the story? Beyond using NRG at night or when you're busy with other things, I don't know that TM farming is better than story advancement early on.
Since I don't have a single fully TM'd character, I guess leveling anyone already mentioned as having a good TM bonus should work like a charm for me. Right now I'm with Ace, 2x Shine, Leon and Ludmille. I could swap one Shine for an Ashe.

Also I've just traveled to Dirnado, so I guess I'm pretty early on in the story.

Vashetti

Banned
Just levelling Minfilia at the moment and wondering which units to level next. My current 6* units:

(plus Chic Ariana on the next row).

My remaining potential 6* units (but unlevelled):

Cerius
Mercedes
Nine
Luka
Shine
Sozhe
King
Grace
Beach Time Fina
Setzer
Amelia
Ilias
Bran
Helena
Meliadoul
Orran
Moogle
Aria
Desch
Veritas of the Waters
Yda
Papalymo
Adam
White Witch Fina
Xon
Eve
Garland
Medius
Xiao
Hayate

I aim to level every 6* capable unit to max as they're handy for expeditions. But wondering if there are any gems in there I should prioritise?

robotuw

All this TM talk has me wondering. Just how many TM's has everyone farmed?

Near as I can tell I've got 30 equipment and 34 materia. That does include TMs earned via raid moogles like the pod and Equip Heavy Armor but doesn't include TMs from raid units (like my 23 follower's oath) or friend summons. That's more than I would have guessed myself and shows how far ahead vets can be from people just starting.

Just levelling Minfilia at the moment and wondering which units to level next. My current 6* units:

Geez, that's a good lineup already. Setzer or Ilias could be useful in certain specific scenarios. Amelia is very nice for the arena. Xon helps for farming materials. Water Veritas will eventually have some dope awakened abilities. Guess I'd start with those if you planning on leveling them all anyway.

eggydoo

Hey Guys! Guess what! I just had a 80% expedition succeed!

Joking aside, it's terrible how often the 80% expedition fails....wonder what 80% really means to gumi.

Since I don't have a single fully TM'd character, I guess leveling anyone already mentioned as having a good TM bonus should work like a charm for me. Right now I'm with Ace, 2x Shine, Leon and Ludmille. I could swap one Shine for an Ashe.

Also I've just traveled to Dirnado, so I guess I'm pretty early on in the story.

To setup for future stuff I suggest taking advantage of this raid and all its Moogles and trying to get a Setzer or two maxed.

He is great for chaining and will become even greater if you can find a way to dual wield on both. He’s also great for Arena with Curse cars which applies random status ailments to all enemies.

Depending on strategy he won’t even require good weapons, just DW and maybe an element to chain, if you’re planning to Double Dice for random fixed damage. That skill also hits all enemies.

Okay Exvius GAF, who can hook me up with the following?

Ace w/ 5K+ HP (Show me the Domination rings!), Stone Immunity (Moogle Crown in your friend here!), Enhancements on Laser, Spirit Hand and Devotion. MAG not top priority because I’m mainly using him to chain/imperil and mana battery.

Thanks GAF!

Vashetti

Banned
Geez, that's a good lineup already. Setzer or Ilias could be useful in certain specific scenarios. Amelia is very nice for the arena. Xon helps for farming materials. Water Veritas will eventually have some dope awakened abilities. Guess I'd start with those if you planning on leveling them all anyway.

I was thinking Setzer next because he's a pretty major character in his respective game and I always see him in arena so he could be useful.

Thanks!

Kouriozan

All this TM talk has me wondering. Just how many TM's has everyone farmed?

43 units at 100% trust, I sold a few and some are from raids moogles, so it's kinda hard to judge how much TMs I farmed.

DAkgY0Ll.jpg
yy0NokEl.jpg

8l1R8C6l.jpg
zmD3mJul.jpg

Still have 32 10% Moogle and 10 5% Moogles so 370% trust waiting, I had to use my 5% moogles since it was taking so much unit slots.

Haven’t even killed a single Malboro mini yet...

Party is surviving well though. Just wish my only Ace friend had more than 3.9K HP. Shocked he hasn’t been double KO’d yet.

Toxic Rain is a godsend! Always keeping the cigarette butts blinded.

Okay, back to business.

Top Bottom