• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles (EU) release moved up, Now August 19th

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
So,NoE continues to troll NoA.
Woah.
All these things happened all toghether are unbelievable :lol

A1 posters...I hope they are good tubes...they have to survive getting across the Atlanic (for some...). Bah despite not needing red CC pro or having anywhere to put posters up I might bite...

I got a laugh out of this Eurogamer comment:
The 'bundle' is just getting rid of unsold 25th Anniversary Mario Classic Controllers.

sublimit said:
WTF is wrong with amazon uk?They still haven't listed the game.
Amazon UK do this for Nintendo published games for some reason. Expect in 2 weeks time a page with "notifiy me by e-mail when you finally decide a price" and then for the price to come along 3 weeks later and it not cheaper than anywhere else. Its only Nintendo published games they do this for.

MicH

Oh wow, I just got the news from Bergsalas twitter. This is amazing! I get to play it before my vacation is over! Couldn't get any better!

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Damn, the red classic controller pro of the Limited Edition bundle is fucking lovely! :drools:
Also, thread needs a title update, yay!

Starwolf_UK said:
I got a laugh out of this Eurogamer comment.

There weren't any 25th anniversary controllers, were there? I have the anniversary Wii console and DSi XL but I never saw any C-Controllers.

LiK

DownLikeBCPowder said:
I sure do like how it comes with three posters. Not just one, three!
Probably wanted to release the other two posters in Canada and US but nope. :p

PumpkinPie said:
There weren't any 25th anniversary controllers, were there? I have the anniversary Wii console and DSi XL but I never saw any C-Controllers.
That is correct (unless you count the Red remote and Nunchuck but outside of hardware the former is Wii play: motion only and the latter is Japan only). Its just the kind of thing I go into Eurogamer comments looking for.

So here's an importing question for you guys. If I were to get my parents to buy the Italian version of the game or something, would it still include the English voice track? I ask because my parents are going over to Italy for a couple weeks and would be able to just pick me up the game instead of having to have someone ship it to me.

Shalashaska161 said:
So here's an importing question for you guys. If I were to get my parents to buy the Italian version of the game or something, would it still include the English voice track? I ask because my parents are going over to Italy for a couple weeks and would be able to just pick me up the game instead of having to have someone ship it to me.

Yes.

All of the European versions will be exactly the same, you just change the subtitle language if you're French/German/Spanish/Italian etc.

The thumbnail of the 3 posters for anyone who hasn't clicked through.

Cobpo.jpg

I've found out that my friend at GAME can pre-order me the CE for £38. Good times.

RPGCrazied

Won't matter for me. I'm in the U.S. I'm also getting it from Zavvi, so I have to wait 2 or 3 weeks in shipping. :( So, it'll actually be in September to get it.

Vamphuntr

CruxisMana said:
The thumbnail of the 3 posters for anyone who hasn't clicked through.

Cobpo.jpg

I've found out that my friend at GAME can pre-order me the CE for £38. Good times.

So nice, thanks for posting this! Two weeks early too. Glad I preordered the CE already.

GCX

NOE is just trolling now with the release dates and everything.

I mean when was the last time they did all this special controller, posters, reversible covers, etc. stuff with such a niche game?

RPGCrazied

GCX said:

I mean when was the last time they did all this special controller, posters, reversible covers, etc. stuff with such a niche game?

I agree. Also, a day after rumors that NA is actually getting it. Someone from Nintendo contacted the Operation Rainfall blog and told them its actually complete and ready for testing. I don't know who to believe at this point. Even if we get it, I think it will be after EU.

Vamphuntr

RPGCrazied said:
I agree. Also, a day after rumors that NA is actually getting it. Someone from Nintendo contacted the Operation Rainfall blog and told them its actually complete and ready for testing. I don't know who to believe at this point. Even if we get it, I think it will be after EU.

Shiggy already explained that rumour in the other thread. NoA did test Xenoblade Chronicles but it was the EU version they tested. Basically NoA seem to test games even not released in the US like Disaster, Last Windows and so on.

RPGCrazied said:
Also, a day after rumors that NA is actually getting it. Someone from Nintendo contacted the Operation Rainfall blog and told them its actually complete and ready for testing. I don't know who to believe at this point. Even if we get it, I think it will be after EU.
We discussed it in the Operation Rainfall thread. NOA product testing (or testing team or whatever) have been credited on Disaster: Day of Crisis and other games that did not come out in America so its probably just that happening again.

Why this happens? Who knows, maybe NOE felt they needed the extra help or the NOA guys had nothing else to do.

Mael

GCX said:

Never? Then again before this gen the only 'exclusive' stuff we could get was that weird Doshin the Giant game that ended up in the bargain bin everywhere...

GCX

Mael said:
Never? Then again before this gen the only 'exclusive' stuff we could get was that weird Doshin the Giant game that ended up in the bargain bin everywhere...
Kuru Kuru Kururin was a great GBA launch title.

But yeah, that's pretty much it.

Mael

GCX said:
Kuru Kuru Kururin was a great GBA launch title.

But yeah, that's pretty much it.
Heh, look at that I actually forgot about that game!
Awesome to boot!
If you ask me I much prefer it this way :p

OMG Aero

So how much will the game cost by itself? Both Game and Gamestation only list the version with the classic controller, and I already have the one from Goldeneye so I don't need another.

Vercimber

Just a reminder to anyone who wants an alternative -- my amazon.de order went through fine, and I'm in the US. Should ship fast, and it says it'll be here in like 8 working days.

I believe they have both versions available.

Wichu

Wow, that's the day after I come back from my holiday. Amazing timing. Now I just need to find somewhere to preorder it :)

OMG Aero said:
So how much will the game cost by itself? Both Game and Gamestation only list the version with the classic controller, and I already have the one from Goldeneye so I don't need another.

£30 on Zavvi/thehut.

Fritz

Vercimber said:
Just a reminder to anyone who wants an alternative -- my amazon.de order went through fine, and I'm in the US. Should ship fast, and it says it'll be here in like 8 working days.

They do. Great news about the early release and the preorder bonus. Does anyone know whether amazon will change my preorder from earlier accordingly.

Vercimber said:

How much did you pay? The standard is like EUR 46.99 and that's like $62?

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
Vercimber said:

Is this going to be in German though? Or is there only one copy and it's English with subtitles for different Euro languages?

Diseased Yak said:
Is this going to be in German though? Or is there only one copy and it's English with subtitles for different Euro languages?

All of the European versions are exactly the same.

They all have Japanese/English audio, and English/French/German/Italian/Spanish subtitles.

Non-English speaking EU players just choose which subtitles they wish to use.

Shiggy

CruxisMana said:

They all have Japanese/English audio, and English/French/German/Italian/Spanish subtitles.

Non-English speaking EU players just choose which subtitles they wish to use

That should become your tag :D

Fritz

CruxisMana said:

Non-English speaking EU players just choose which subtitles they wish to use.

Not to be a killjoy, but are you sure about this? I rember games with weird region splits like German/Portugese/Polish and English/French/Spanish/Italian. Sure there will be an English voice option but I am not 100% sure about the subtitles.

donny2112

Diseased Yak said:
CruxisMana said:
Yes.

All of the European versions will be exactly the same, you just change the subtitle language if you're French/German/Spanish/Italian etc.

Shiggy

Fritz said:
Not to be a killjoy, but are you sure about this? I rember games with weird region splits like German/Portugese/Polish and English/French/Spanish/Italian. Sure there will be an English voice option but I am not 100% sure about the subtitles.

When did that happen? Should've only happened on DS because those game cards have less space.

For a niche game like this all versions will be the same, subtitles don't take too much space.

Top Bottom