• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of war: Ascension - SP TEASER

Sid

Same monster from the E3 trailer or no?

dSzVQ.png
Yup it looks like Charybdis.

P.S: As I said in the previous thread, DID KRATOS GAVE A HINT OF A FUCKING SMILE in that teaser? Finally.

Hope he's less of an asshole in this game.

This is something I always wish Santa Monica would explore more. Despite how angry and jerkish Kratos is, you get glimpes of the man inside throughout the series. The flashbacks during GOW1, the scene where you find he last surviving Spartan (other than himself) and then imagines his wife in GOW2, and pretty much the entire ending of GOW3. Now this teaser. Before he lost everything, Kratos was a loving husband and father and also had a strong patronage for his city. Glad to see hints of them diving deeper into this, make Kratos more like-able.

However . . .
Wait, Kratos is with his family despite his family being on him?
Yeah I was thinking the same thing. Kratos did have the war paint before the ashes curse so maybe the lighting is just bad, but that was definitely a little odd.

Also to further add onto what everyone else has been saying just to emphasize the point,

THIS IS THE KRAKEN (GOW2)
jimmy_kraken_corn_done--article_image.jpg

THIS IS THE CHARYBDIS (GOWA)
a5tkeu.gif
Too bad the Scylla has already been used in a GOW game, would of been sweet to fight them both at once.

Just_Tank

The lighting is not bad, lol, and the skin tone is on purpose as it relates to the timeline of this story. For now, i'll just remind you what we've posted here:

http://www.godofwar.com/game/

BEFORE HE WAS A GOD, HE WAS A MAN

Vengeance is born in the fires of betrayal in this prequel to the best-selling God of War franchise. Six months have passed since Kratos stood over the bodies of his wife and child, his hands stained with their blood - tricked by Ares into murdering the only people he ever loved. Swearing to avenge them, Kratos broke the blood oath that bound him to Ares, but oaths to Olympus are not so easily broken... Sentenced to an eternity chained within a prison for the living damned, Kratos battles insanity at the hands of the Furies. He will be tested as he seeks freedom, redemption for his sins, and the clarity to avenge his family.

As far as SCALE goes...don't underestimate us, hehe. The opening of the game will have an EPIC God of War "scale". It'll be a different type of "scale" feeling than GOW 3 with Poseidon, but you'll know what I mean when you play it.

-Tank

Gsak

I am going to keep my lips sealed tight right now about what you saw in the trailer, i'll just say...that's barely...barely scratching the surface. You know what we do. we do God of War, it can only be EPIC...there can be, only chaos!

I know I'm repeating myself but please, let there be Typhon/Typhoeus in Ascension. If done right (and I trust you will do so), this could be essentially be Kratos vs Greek Cthulhu.

meta4

The lighting is not bad, lol, and the skin tone is on purpose as it relates to the timeline of this story. For now, i'll just remind you what we've posted here:

Vengeance is born in the fires of betrayal in this prequel to the best-selling God of War franchise. Six months have passed since Kratos stood over the bodies of his wife and child, his hands stained with their blood - tricked by Ares into murdering the only people he ever loved. Swearing to avenge them, Kratos broke the blood oath that bound him to Ares, but oaths to Olympus are not so easily broken... Sentenced to an eternity chained within a prison for the living damned, Kratos battles insanity at the hands of the Furies. He will be tested as he seeks freedom, redemption for his sins, and the clarity to avenge his family.

As far as SCALE goes...don't underestimate us, hehe. The opening of the game will have an EPIC God of War "scale". It'll be a different type of "scale" feeling than GOW 3 with Poseidon, but you'll know what I mean when you play it.

-Tank

I know. SSM never disappoints.

jett

D-Member
Really, only a 30 second teaser for a game is being released in two months? Yet we get hours of multiplayer footage. Who's making dem decisions at SSM?

What I saw looked all right, actually, it doesn't look as impressive as GOW3.

Drencrom

-Tank

I am going to keep my lips sealed tight right now about what you saw in the trailer, i'll just say...that's barely...barely scratching the surface. You know what we do. we do God of War, it can only be EPIC...there can be, only chaos!

In SSM I trust

-Tank

HYPE HYPE HYPE!!!!

Endo Punk

There are ways to top GOWIII without going bigger and bigger. But I fully trust SSM to combine the best of GOW1,2 and 3. Man this teaser is exactly what I needed, looks so damn amazing, just when I think I have had enough of this franchise something comes up that blows my mind.

BTW don't skimp on the tatas. It's GOW tradition damn it!

Wynnebeck

Banned
Really, only a 30 second teaser for a game is being released in two months? Yet we get hours of multiplayer footage. Who's making dem decisions at SSM?

What I saw looked all right, actually, it doesn't look as impressive as GOW3.

jett
Mr. Negativity

This definitely looking to be on par or better than GoWIII. I just think it's because the game looks softer compared to the "hardness" that came with GoWIII's art style that may throw people off at first.

Just_Tank

Yes, 30 seconds right now, really...that's how we roll. We've got plenty of time to ramp up and have far more in store, this is just the beginning.

Did someone say snake scales in the background =) One of the true powers of a God of War game, is things are not always what they may seem...

Cheers,
Tank

ohlawd

-Tank

holy shit I trust you man. You better not let me down or there will be hell to pay ;)

Himself

Am I the only excited that SSM isn't blowing too much before release? I wish more companies would be more secretive about what's in store. I hate feeling like I've already played a game before getting my hands on it because everything was revealed.

Yes, 30 seconds right now, really...that's how we roll. We've got plenty of time to ramp up and have far more in store, this is just the beginning.

Did someone say snake scales in the background =) One of the true powers of a God of War game, is things are not always what they may seem...

Cheers,
Tank

How the fuck do you guys make a game that looks this good?!

Edit: Naughty Gods better watch out.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
This definitely looking to be on par or better than GoWIII. I just think it's because the game looks softer compared to the "hardness" that came with GoWIII's art style that may throw people off at first.

He's right, no need to tag-quote him.

It's a short teaser with barely any footage, game is two months away, it may look on par with GOWIII as you say ( then again how would be know since we barely have footage, outside of a few, literally, few frames of singleplayer ) that doesn't negate the fact that it still might not be as impressive as GOWIII which keep in mind is several years old by now.

nasos_333

Same monster from the E3 trailer or no?

dSzVQ.png

Same most definitly

It's a short teaser with barely any footage, game is two months away, it may look on par with GOWIII as you say ( then again how would be know since we barely have footage, outside of a few, literally, few frames of singleplayer ) that doesn't negate the fact that it still might not be as impressive as GOWIII which keep in mind is several years old by now.

Seems way more impressive so far, at least in graphics and the art we have seen

Are you guys speaking graphically? Cause I think it definitely looks better than GOW3...noticeably so.

In terms of quality, we'll have to wait and see.

Endo Punk

The Boss fights in Revenegance look insanely good so up yo game son :p And I hope we get boss fights like Hercules in GOWIII, one of my favourites.

Wynnebeck

Banned

Cheers,
Tank

Let me bring something up:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Typhon

Typhon was described in pseudo-Apollodorus, Bibliotheke, as the largest and most fearsome of all creatures. His human upper half reached as high as the stars. His hands reached east and west and, instead of a human head, he had a hundred dragon heads; some however depict him as having a human head and the dragon heads being attached to his hands instead of fingers. He was feared even by the mighty gods. His bottom half was gigantic viper coils that could reach the top of his head when stretched out and made a hissing noise. His whole body was covered in wings, and fire flashed from his eyes.

Hype.

Vire

-Tank
I WANT TO BELIEVE.

Cheers,
Tank

Oh shit!

HYPE!

Top Bottom