• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So how bad is the Switch stock situation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sk3

Banned
They definitely showed up, but adding anything to your cart just causes an error. I actually had stuff in my cart but then going to checkout also caused an error.

It's a shitshow, but it usually is.

Alchemy

Been refreshing the Switch listing every 5 seconds and nothing yet, how often does stuff get refreshed right on the minute?

icespide

Banned
been wanting to post in this thread for awhile but was banned :( I finally snagged one when they were briefly in stock on amazon last week but for a few days I used iStocknow to check out a few places with no luck.

Gamestops are absolutely insane, line forms for no reason. I would see a line and ask what they situation is and they say "we're in line just in case a new shipment comes, we don't actually know if one is coming" there was like 20 people in line! absolutely crazy

ajanke

it shows add to cart when you look at all the bundles or consoles but on each individual item they've said sold out the entire time. Which is why it won't add to your cart

Rocket786

Gray is in stock but I keep getting a message that there was an error adding it to my cart. Seems like too many people trying to access it. :(

Edit: Got it added to my cart but can't get to payment info. Come on Best Buy!

sk3

Banned
It seems the cart page is bugging out. If you ever see the switch in your cart, you just need to keep reloading the cart until it shows up again and do checkout. Repeatedly adding it to your cart after it is added then disappears won't do you any good.

I'm halfway through checkout. Somehow the nes classic went missing from my order, but if this switch goes through who cares.

Mr. Hyde

I nabbed one at the Millenia Orlando Target today. None on the shelf but a team member approached me as I was leaving and told me they put them at customer service. They had one left so I was lucky!

Negator

Holy mother of fuck. I managed to actually order a switch on Best Buy. I was freaking the hell out when the credit card page kept telling me to select a reward when I had already selected one. What a shitshow.

Alchemy

I got to the processing payment thing, hit the confirm purchase button probably 30 times going through the failing to submit and reloading thing, then the Switch straight up disappeared from my cart. Fucking amazing work Best Buy.

Yeah, it's sold out now online at Best Buy. Complete bullshit, it kept hanging up on payment info so it wouldn't process the order until it finally said that it was sold out.

sviri

I got to the processing payment thing, hit the confirm purchase button probably 30 times going through the failing to submit and reloading thing, then the Switch straight up disappeared from my cart. Fucking amazing work Best Buy.

Same thing here, ready to use my best buy card and everything. It's not meant to be I guess.

Kar L

I bought mine from the toys r us restock last saturday. Not a launch unit and it had constant desyncing issues. :(
of course it's a launch unit. Why do people think Nintendo manufactured, shipped, and distributed a second run of units from China in just three weeks?

Alchemy

Bluuuuuh I was so close without having to wake up at the ass crack of dawn to wait in line at a store. Guess I'll just hold out until its more readily available .___.

Fuck Best Buy's online store, jesus christ.

Yeah, had the switch bundle in my cart was going through checkout they wanted me to enter some fucking verification code, I lost the page and had to keep refreshing because the store was crashing. Then for some reason I had two in my cart, finally made it through to pay and it told me it was sold out.

The Hermit

Only downside i guess would be if there was any issues with the console it might be harder to fix. Suspect you can get one in your home country easily by May. We've had restocks every day the last week in the UK

Nintendo doesn't exist officially in my country, so any kind of fix is payed.

I was worried more about compatibility and eshop, but I guess this time this is a non issue right?

kris.

Banned
Is iStockNow reliable at all? It says there's 10 grey and 2 red/blue consoles at a Wal-Mart 20ish minutes away from me. I might run there on my lunch break and see if I can snag one.

lol, answered my own question. Went up to the Wal-Mart on my lunch break and the
unsurprisingly rude
woman at the electronics counter said they didn't have any. The Target across the street, however, had two just like the site said. So it's a mixed bag I guess.

BUT I GOT A SWITCH BABYYYYY

Alchemy

Best Buy near downtown Bellevue, WA has a bunch of gray (no neons). Asked the guy at the front and someone literally wheeled out three boxes of them. I guess I have a Switch now oops.

In my area, Sandusky Ohio, toysrus got 15 on Saturday, target said they got some Monday. Walmart had 1 last night I didn't pick up and then regretted, and I went back in this morning to see if buy chance they had one and poof they had three. So I bought one haha.

The Walmart also said they had about 13 more on order but no idea when they were coming in.

It seems like Nintendo is doing a decent job restocking, they just seem to be selling as fast as they are stocked. I expect they will eventually start to catch up with demand.

TS-08

It seems like Nintendo is doing a decent job restocking, they just seem to be selling as fast as they are stocked. I expect they will eventually start to catch up with demand.

I suspect we'll start to see this as we get toward the end of April, but then have some brief stock issues again in the wake of Mario Kart. Then as we move closer to summer, the stock will be mostly reliable. Maybe some stores will sell out briefly for something like Splatoon 2, but we'll probably see quick restocks.

ajanke

Soooo I got to buy one from Best Buy online today. It then told me it was back ordered. Now I got a shipment notification that it will be here tomorrow!!! Wooo!!

Hamhock

Neo Member
I checked Best Buy and Fry's in Dallas after work around 4:30. Apparently Best Buy had just sold their last Switch an hour before! So close! Fry's received units in the morning but sold out of them before noon. That was the first batch of units at that Fry's since launch. I also noticed a lot of guys in their 20's leaving Walmart with no items. I'm guessing that they were all after this stupid console as well.

Seriously, fuck you EB Games.

Saw store stock was going green on their site, phoned ahead, asked if I could make it in 10 mins if there would be some left and he goes oh for sure. They won't reserve/hold though, even for ten minutes. I walk in just in time to see the lady in front of me finish purchasing the last one.

Three young dudes working there, I have to say they've gotta be phoning their friends the instant stock comes for everything to fly out the door that fast. Such bullshit, if I even bother hunting for a Switch again I'm skipping that goddamn store.

NEVER had a good experience there.

Can still walk into a store to buy them here in Australia, but then I noticed that beside them was only 1-2 Switch and Just Dance.

Maybe that's why they're not selling.

I checked Best Buy and Fry's in Dallas after work around 4:30. Apparently Best Buy had just sold their last Switch an hour before! So close! Fry's received units in the morning but sold out of them before noon. That was the first batch of units at that Fry's since launch. I also noticed a lot of guys in their 20's leaving Walmart with no items. I'm guessing that they were all after this stupid console as well.

Check Fry's in Plano. There were 4 left at 1.

Amazon had them up for preorder Monday-Tuesday, that's how I got mine.

Said it would ship April 3rd, they also had a second wave of preorders yesterday for April 11.
Yeah I should've bitten on that.

Hesitated bc I have a big credit card bill this month and now they're gone. :(

Poop!

Instock emailed me about the Best Buy online stock available. Had four people on phones in the room all trying at once. One person got through the errors then ordered one. Grey

Btw, found Zelda special edition at Prime Now.

Jharp

Anyone that had to get a Gamestop bundle have any luck returning certain items from it? Mine just shipped from them, and when I bought it, they forced me to go with a bundle that came with Zelda, Shovel Knight, the Zelda guide, and something else. Seeing as that Zelda guide is $40, I was hoping I'd be able to simply return it with my receipt, but seeing as it was bought with a bundle, I'm not sure they'll let me. It's a bundle put together by Gamestop, so the guide is on its own, and I assume will be charged as a single item.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom