• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Videogame facts that blow your mind (SuperMarioBros. SHOCKING SECRET INSIDE p #70)

Brimstone

my reputation is Shadowruined
Metalmurphy said:
What really blows my mind is that fact that she's not even attractive but gets all sort of attention just cause she's in the gaming industry.

I mean
jade-raymond-pic.jpg
jade-raymond-21b.jpg

Ugh...

She comes across as a well rounded person to me.

I honestly feel sorry for the way she is treated. The dignified way she conducts herself despite the melodrama that orbits her work, speaks volumes about the special quality of her inner essence.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
Brimstone said:
She comes across as a well rounded person to me.

I honestly feel sorry for the way she is treated. The dignified way she conducts herself despite the melodrama that orbits her work, speaks volumes about the special quality of her inner essence.
good abservation. She is classy.... and HOT babayy

WrikaWrek

Banned
Jag22 said:
Fact: Sega was so poorly ran that they were paying companies like Timex (Shenmue) and Pizza Hut (Crazy Taxi) to put their products in Sega's games. Basically Sega was paying companies so they could advertise their products.

Mindz were blown.

The PS1 and PS2 have both sold over 100 million units.

How? I just don't understand. I'm pretty sure the original Game Boy sold over 100 million units, but it was small, cheap, and portable. It's not really a surprise that it would be a sales megaton.

But home consoles selling that much? Insanity.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I'm surprised there are people who did not know the cloud-bush thing in Super Mario.

Philia

Wow. That Mario screen.

You know you can get inside your village in Secret of Mana? Just press Y (menu button) over and over and you inch your way inside. Of course you're doomed to be stuck unless you have the drum for Flammy to pick you up. :)

DMA Designs, the company behind Lemmings and the N64 games Space Station Silicon Valley and Body Harvest would go on to become Rockstar North and produce the industry-changing Grand Theft Auto III. It sort of blows my mind that people completely overlook Body Harvest as a primitive GTA III.

Also, my mind is blown in a small nostalgic way as I'm currently playing Sin and Punishment on the Virtual Console. On its release, I never would have dreamed I'd get to play that game eight years and two console generations later via download on a system based on motion control.

Greatness Gone said:
HOLY. FUCKING. SHIT.

I was confused about your post, so I typed in FedEx. HOLY SHIT.

THERE IS A FUCKING ARROW INBETWEEN THE E AND X.

fedex_logo.jpg

My mind has been blown.
You can never EVER unsee it. =( Once it has been brought to yuor attention you must live with the Fedex arrow for the REST OF YOUR LIFE.

Azuran

Banned
Ezduo said:
The bushes in Super Mario Bros. were just recolored clouds.

smb.jpg

Holy shit, now this is something I've never noticed before. Damn, I'm never going to look at SMB the same way again.

Greatness Gone said:
HOLY. FUCKING. SHIT.

fedex_logo.jpg

My mind has been blown.

OMG... .This and the Mario´s Cloud o.o!

Azuran

Banned
Greatness Gone said:
HOLY. FUCKING. SHIT.

fedex_logo.jpg

My mind has been blown.

HOLY SHIT! This thread keeps just keeps delivering some mind blowing stuff.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Azuran said:
Holy shit, now this is something I've never noticed before. Damn, I'm never going to look at SMB the same way again.
Its really... really... not that big of a deal.

Amir0x

Banned
It's a huge fucking deal, vumpler.

YEARS of built-in nostalgiavision collapsing like a pitiful ancient ruin! Oh god...

gdt

Atari back in the day produced 12mil copies of pac-man, when they only sold 10mil Atari 2600's. (The game didnt sell shit BTW)

Edit: the game sold about 7mil, however Atari lost a shitload when they dumped the other 5.

Jag22

Banned
In development, Shenmue chapter one was originally going to have Ryo riding a bike for faster transport around town.

bike.jpg

If I had three wishes, I would wish for:

1. The inability to see the FedEx arrow thing
2. The inability to see the Mario cloudbushes thing
3. The inability to ever see something unseeable ever again or see anything that is currently unseeable.

Oh, and speaking of unseeable things, have you guys ever noticed Mr. Mimal? He's the chef in the United States map.

united-states-map.jpg

Minnesota
Iowa
Missouri
Arkansas
Louisiana

Nicktals

Banned
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
"cloudbushes are the new fed ex arrow :("

I still don't understand what an arrow in fedex has to do with anything... :(

I had seen the logo probably thousands of times, and never noticed the arrow between the E and X. It got pointed out to me on these very boards a year ago or so, and now EVERY time I see the logo all I can see is the arrow. I try not to see the arrow, there it is. Pointing, laughing.

Jag22 said:
In development, Shenmue chapter one was originally going to have Ryo riding a bike for faster transport around town.

bike.jpg
I remember playing Shenmue back in 2000 and being blown away by Ryo's shadow. It's so basic now, but I loved it at the time.

KevinCow

Banned
I'm surprised nobody's pointed this out, but

Chris Michael said:
She ended up a "veteran" Starfox character, right up there with the 64 originals like Peppy, Falco, etc.
Series started on the SNES.

And holy shit at cloudbushes.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Greatness Gone said:
HOLY. FUCKING. SHIT.

fedex_logo.jpg

My mind has been blown.

Now that is mind-blowing.

This thread has fundamentally altered my perception of the world.

Guybrush Threepwood said:
If I had three wishes, I would wish for:

1. The inability to see the FedEx arrow thing
2. The inability to see the Mario cloudbushes thing
3. The inability to ever see something unseeable ever again or see anything that is currently unseeable.

Oh, and speaking of unseeable things, have you guys ever noticed Mr. Mimal? He's the chef in the United States map.

united-states-map.jpg

Minnesota
Iowa
Missouri
Arkansas
Louisiana
YES! My state is the head!

gdt

Im gonna e-mail Nintendo and tell them I want my fucking bushes.

Edit: 'Cause I payed for fucking bushes.

Redd

Fenix said:
Also, in Pokemon Gold/Silver, the Goldenrod city gym is actually a Clefairy:

Pokemon-GSC-Johto-GoldenrodCity-Gym.png

Whoa how did I never notice that. First the bush, then the FedEx arrow, now this!!! Thread delivers.:D

Haunted

Surprisingly, the sensationalist thread title does not disappoint.

Anything involving TOSE. Also the fact that GameArts was the secret studio making Brawl together with Sakurai.

oh, and the person who pointed the cloudbush out deserves a fucking tag for that. seen unseen etc.

FirewalkR

I already knew about the FedEx arrow and i don't mind it, but the Cloudbushgate situation... that has the potential to end all of gaming as we know it. :S

Oh and, MetalMurphy and WrikaWrek:
Não falem do Camarinha e da Manela no palácio de sanidade, moral e bons costumes que é este fórum. Obrigado. Ah, e a Jade.... rawrrrrr.
:D

YYZ

SFA is basically the game that made me dump Gamecube and Nintendo, congrats whoever. Even Krystal could not save that game.

Sharp

Juwanna Peezadis said:
You can never EVER unsee it. =( Once it has been brought to yuor attention you must live with the Fedex arrow for the REST OF YOUR LIFE.
I'd actually seen it before and totally forgotten about it until you guys brought it up. I'm sure I'll forget about it after this, too. In conclusion, lies!

dolemite

Greatness Gone said:
HOLY. FUCKING. SHIT.

fedex_logo.jpg

My mind has been blown.
While I can live with the Mario bushes/clouds, this makes my head hurt.... badly.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Not quite video game related, but the Chevrolet Nova is also a backronym for the other GM X-Body cars at the time...

NOVA
OMEGA (Oldsmobile)
VENTURA (Pontiac)
APOLLO (Buick)

Did that blow anyone's mind?

Top Bottom