• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Furry-GAF

Uchip

Banned
If you're unconvinced that's fine but conveying gender in the face is a basic artistic skill, not just in furry art but in illustration in general. As you move away from realism that skill becomes more and more important.

I know
but, that one doesn't even have a chin!
and pointy chins are a pretty big tell

and the fact that its drawn in a semi-realistic style makes those elements less effective since the animal attributes are more noticeable
you can say that it has enough features to show that the artist intends them to be percieved as that gender, but im still gonna be all o_O

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I don't really pay attention to chins because everyone in anime has pointy chins so it's just something my mind filters out when it comes to animu-art.

akira28

I like anilys avatar more, I think i posted it a while back
annily.gif

bit more variety in the animation
it definitely gives them more life

That looks cool. Furry RPG animated portraits. Is there are furry RPG out there in the vein of old school CRPGs? They're remaking Wasteland. This would belong in something like that, or Bards Tale.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
you're kind of proving yourself wrong by differentiating between anthro and catgirl

she's selling out because she looks more human (and not even like the avatar you use, as in human face with human nose) with cat ears/tail and thus selling out to the animu fans!

Uchip

Banned
no, im referring to your earlier comment about felines being overdone, and then using catgirls as the reason only to follow up by separating them

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
no, im referring to your earlier comment about felines being overdone, and then using catgirls as the reason only to follow up by separating them

Well, when anime has catgirls you already know they're much more plentiful :3

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Someone should bring hand sanitizer though.

Top Bottom