• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
03x1PLw.jpg

luffy_hits_tenryuubito_by_keigd.gif

Welfare

Strawhats are going to go to Raftel. Red Hair pirates intercept them, with Shanks evaluating Luffy. Shanks commends him for making it this far and says he is ready to be Pirate King. Luffy gives back the strawhat and then continues to Raftel. Blackbeard then shows up and fights the Red Hairs to go to Raftel. Shanks dies, knowing that Luffy is the true successor to Roger and dies with a smile. Raftel is where Luffy and Blackbeard fight.

My headcanon can't stop me.

Kater

Banned
I could see Dragon dying as well. Dunno, just a feeling.

Sabo seems like he has good chances of survival even though he acted a bit reckless on Dressrosa.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I feel like Sabo has a get out of jail free card, since Ace already died and Sabo also dying would feel like a retread.

Yeah, I don't think Sabo is going to die. Shanks could end up going down to Blackbeard, just to add a personal element for Luffy (he only just met Whitebeard, and BB's connection to Ace's death is pretty secondary to Akainu's).

Plus, if Shanks dies, then I think Luffy becomes a Yonkou by default. He'd want to refuse it of course, but it's not something you can refuse. It's a fact that the Yonkou are the 4 strongest pirates, and if Shanks goes, I have to assume the Red-Haired Pirates (along with the remnants of Whitebeard's!) will join the SH Alliance. With an armada of that strength, and the guy who beat either Big Mom or Kaidou leading it, no way Luffy wouldn't be one of the 4 strongest. Hell, beating BM or Kaidou would prove it anyway.

Ray Down

Banned
I feel like Sabo has a get out of jail free card, since Ace already died and Sabo also dying would feel like a retread.

Yep, that's why Sabo will be safe.

Plus you can't take Sabo away or else Koala will be sad :(

Plus I like Sabo better, that may because he is way better then Ace in Pirate Warriors 3 and looks good in his suit.

Squishy3

If the end of Shanks is coming, I guess Kidd will somehow have convinced Kaido to team up with him, since that's Kidd's goal. This'd go in line with Kaido's "I'll start the biggest war this world has ever seen" rhetoric as 3 Supernovas teaming up with an Emperor to take down Shanks would certainly stir things up.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
If the end of Shanks is coming, I guess Kidd will somehow have convinced Kaido to team up with him, since that's Kidd's goal. This'd go in line with Kaido's "I'll start the biggest war this world has ever seen" rhetoric as 3 Supernovas teaming up with an Emperor to take down Shanks would certainly stir things up.

Technically 4 Supernovas since it seems that X Drake is with Kaido.

rouken

posted?

One Piece Manga Enters 'VS. Four Emperors Arc

This year's 17th issue of Shueisha's Weekly Shonen Jump magazine revealed on Monday that Eiichiro Oda's One Piece manga will start its "VS. Four Emperors Arc" in this year's 18th issue, which will ship on April 4. The 17th issue teased, "The curtain will open on a new legend, don't miss it!!" The preview image for next week's issue (pictured at right) also teases, "Facing toward Sanji's rescue, Luffy's group is...!!"

w9uBcf8.jpg

rouken

Where you think the ot title came from lol. Mew thread tho so y not

lol i didn't even checked the previous thread.

anyways, i rewatched the one piece movies in excitement over film gold and i really can't get over how good the sixth film is. very different in tone and visuals from the other films. i hope we get something like that again in the future films.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
lol i didn't even checked the previous thread.

anyways, i rewatched the one piece movies in excitement over film gold and i really can't get over how good the sixth film is. very different in tone and visuals from the other films. i hope we get something like that again in the future films.
Films 5 and 6 both were really good, IMO. In very different ways. I liked how 5 focused on Zoro and his time as a pirate hunter. Some people didn't like it, because it was tonally different from most of OP, but I really enjoyed it and it's canon to me because it doesn't contradict anything else in the series and can fit neatly between Long Ring Long Land and Water 7. LOVED the flashback scene with Zoro and Saga. The movie felt like OP if it suddenly went into an arc heavily influenced by JRPGs.

latest

IHaveIce

Banned
Yeah i really don't want it to happen but the Death flags for Shanks are too obvious..

It doesn't help that BB is one of Oda's favorite chars, I would really love to see him beat easily by Dragon.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Garp is also marked for death (as a redemption act, saving luffy after he chose not to save Ace).

Im really interested in just how Oda is going to fit the other crew members achieving their dreams into story with the pace and direction the manga is headed.

Seriously tho when was the last time Nami charted an island?

Im really interested in just how Oda is going to fit the other crew members achieving their dreams into story with the pace and direction the manga is headed.

Agreed, but just recently we've had an emphasis on her skills being the reason we've gotten so far in the first place. Also, Nami was the one who figured out the Road Poneglyph were coordinates and will likely chart the way to Raftel.

bjork

I think the only one that's kind of dodgy is Chopper's, since his may not be feasible even in OP's world.

Agreed, but just recently we've had an emphasis on her skills being the reason we've gotten so far in the first place. Also, Nami was the one who figured out the Road Poneglyph were coordinates and will likely chart the way to Raftel.

True but she gotta be drawing her maps too if she want to chart the grandline :>

I think the only one that's kind of dodgy is Chopper's, since his may not be feasible even in OP's world.

Yup, i dont know how hes going to handle it without feeling cheesed out.

Nah he will die removing Kaido 's immortality.

Law isn't dying, the whole point of corazon's story was for him to keep living no matter what. (Yeah, it wasn't killing doflamingo or using the immortality power).

As someone said earlier, he is kind of luffy's "whitebeard" (kidd is not that relevant and probably isn't even a D)

Oh man think about all the cool rage powerups Luffy gets when Oda kills every single character he likes off the pages of the manga and he gets told about it. He's going to be able to punch through planets with the power that gives him.

She's probably charting everything she visited so far. But yeah, her dream will be hard to achieve and it will probably happen after Luffy becomes Pirate King, because Luffy doesn't have the time to go around East Blue, North Blue, South Blue and West Blue along all those different paths in the Grand Line. My bet is that she achieves that in a epilogue.

She's probably charting everything she visited so far. But yeah, her dream will be hard to achieve and it will probably happen after Luffy becomes Pirate King, because Luffy doesn't have the time to go around East Blue, North Blue, South Blue and West Blue along all those different paths in the Grand Line. My bet is that she achieves that in a epilogue.
I just assumed maps for all those things already existed and she just needed to cover the grand line completely. I didn't think she wanted to travel the whole world, just make a complete map of it.

It was my assumption that nami is charting their adventure while at the same time possibility coping maps of the other seas that were already charted.

As far as dreams only usopp and choppers seem alil out there.

I just assumed maps for all those things already existed and she just needed to cover the grand line completely. I didn't think she wanted to travel the whole world, just make a complete map of it.

But if she is copying those maps it wouldn't be the same. It's kinda cheating after you say "I'm gonna drawn a map of the world". Could be the case but it wouldn't be as epic as I imagined. lol

But if she is copying those maps it wouldn't be the same. It's kinda cheating after you say "I'm gonna drawn a map of the world". Could be the case but it wouldn't be as epic as I imagined. lol

Maybe not, I just didn't think it was going to involve her re-visiting places people have already been to re-draw existing maps. When Luffy becomes pirate king, I thought everyone was going to fulfill all their goals together at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom