• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Angry Birds Space |OT| Deal With It

Shtof

This is for Android too? I never considered Angry Birds interesting, but this one looks a hell of a lot better. This is what AB should've been in the first place.

EYEL1NER

Damn, is it only three black hole eagles and then we have to pay? I just wasted one on nothing and I haven't yet and won't pay for an Angry Birds IAP.
Using the bomb bird in zero-g feels so satisfying.

8bit

Knows the Score
This is for Android too? I never considered Angry Birds interesting, but this one looks a hell of a lot better. This is what AB should've been in the first place.

Would expect so, it was demoed on a Galaxy Note. Play Google Store doesn't seem to do the daily update until about 10 hours from now though.

Dynamite Shikoku

Congratulations, you really deserve it!
I love this digital era. I'm playing a new game that was released 5 minutes ago, and I haven't even got up off my bed.

Haunted

Here, play this until the real thing launches:

417095.png

mzl.dendtmjy.320x480-75.jpg
smh

EYEL1NER

I'm finding it very easy on my phone to hit the eagle accidentally. Already wasted two of them.
Edit: And there went my last one. Level 3-29 just burned two of them because of me trying to tap a second time to get the purple bird to hit the upper-left dynamite. It's a good thing they are so worthless. I will never be tempted to get them.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Very fun. I've played a LOT of Angry Birds, and this makes it feel fresh again. A couple big bummers though:

-In-App Purchase to unlock more levels day 1. I know Rovio literally triples and quadruples the size of their games for free, but it still feels bad.

- Mighty Eagle is no longer a one-time purchase. Each use is now consumed and more must be purchased.

SmokyDave

Y'know, this ain't bad at all. I can't see me three-starring all the levels (never bothered on the originals either) but for now, it's a lot of fun.

Haunted

Downloaded the free version on Android. Ad space is the same as before, the added gravity mechanics makes it play more like Galactic Gravity Golf and other titles in that vein than Crush the Castle.

More emphasis on the shooting arc for now than on how the physics come crumbling down.

Mighty Eagle is no longer a one-time purchase. Each use is now consumed and more must be purchased.

Yeah, this sucks. I never understood how the eagle scoring worked (I destroy half the level and get 100%... uh okay I guess) but it's fun to rain destruction upon those delicious bacon-filled pigs and the space eagle is even better. But I am not buying any consumables. The only reason I even realized it was a consumable is because I was going to pay the buck to unlock the space eagle because it's such a fun game, but now they lose my dollar and my sense of goodwill.

Belgorim

For a free game the first one was decent. Wont be a buy for this one or anything, but I can see myself try it if it is free.

asa

Really liking it so far, gravity fields add depth to the game, this is actually fun! I also liked little details like how pigs turn to ice in space without protecting bubble and result screen sound effects. Game also seems to have bonus stages and boss fights. Game is much more "gamy" than expected.

Time to pick it up for Android I guess. Will post impressions when I've given it some time.

Edit: Wow, the gravity wells are amazing and really do make this a sequel rather than more of the same. I love it thus far, but the framerate does lag behind on my Galaxy Nexus during more complex stages, especially when the ads pop up in the corner. I wish there was a paid version around for Android.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Did my best Archer impersonation, "Time to enter the... danger zone!" before realizing they're an extra cost. Fuck you, Rovio.

Did my best Archer impersonation, "Time to enter the... danger zone!" before realizing they're an extra cost. Fuck you, Rovio.

Tee hee, the Danger Zone levels are a free unlock on Samsung devices. They unlocked on my Galaxy Nexus with just a tap. :3

Is this supposed to be a sequel? Is it still worth getting the original, Rio, and Seasons?

I admit I wasn't ever amused with the regular Angry Birds games, but Super Angry Birds Galaxy is really really fun. It's amazing how adding gravity zones changes gameplay, but we saw that already with Super Mario Galaxy completely changing 3D platforming gameplay.

Rlan

Wait, there are pay to unlock stages and pay power ups? Why did we have to pay for this app then?

They clearly will have two types of levels here -- Normal Levels, which they'll update on a regular basis, and super difficult levels, which require the extra 0.99c cost. I find this fine -- Where's my water did this with Cranky's Story. Run Roo Run could have done this as well with their super difficult levels.

Top Bottom