• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project Cafe Rumor Cafe [Weinerpoop Post 7513]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woffls

HenryGale said:
The BEST I hope for is on par with 360/PS3 maybe slightly better.
You should adjust your expectations. Every source has indicated that this is the LEAST we should expect. Wherever it lies between PS3 and PS4 specs, it'll still get mostly the same games because of how scalable new engines are, and publishers' desires to keep costs down.

Even if PS4/XB3 are launched in 2013, publishers will probably be more willing to opt for development on PS36é (Yes, that's PS3, 360 and Café) than PS4/XB3, and even the latter would likely allow for downscaling on Café.

Woffls said:
They would be perfect for each other, and that's why it won't happen, because some things will always be too good to be true :(

This is too true, unfortunately. :(

HenryGale said:
My enthusiasm is almost entirely gone. The more time passes the more I see this being a let down. The BEST I hope for is on par with 360/PS3 maybe slightly better.

At that point who really cares? Those systems are hopefully on their way out in 2-3 years.

We could definitely use some fresh info. Haven't had a whole lot to be hyped about this past week.

BMF said:
The only think interesting about the poll is the number of gamers who've already decided that they won't buy one.

They say that...
Then they see Chell in Super Smash Brothers Frape and they all buy one.
portal_2_chell.jpg

The portals would be Zelda's teleport, except with longer range.
She'd have the ability to also create portals that would force enemies into pits/traps. Like, you place the Orange portal over a mine, and then shoot a Blue portal at a charging Mario and BOOM!
Her Super Smash would be to crush the stage under a giant Weighted Companion Cube.

User33 said:
E3 can't come soon enough.

Think we'll get any gameplay footage of anything or will we get something similar to the Revolution reveal in E3 05?

Well, since it'll be playable on the showroom floor by everyone, I'd say we'll get footage.

Woffls

User33 said:
E3 can't come soon enough.

Think we'll get any gameplay footage of anything or will we get something similar to the Revolution reveal in E3 05?
They've specified officially that they will "show a playable model of the system at E3". Now, that doesn't explicitly state that it will be playable, but they wouldn't specify it in this way if it weren't. Who can play it is another matter. Will it be played on stage, behind closed doors, or on the floor?

Whichever of these it is, Nintendo will definitely have gameplay footage available at the time, and they'd be foolish to not show something.
User33 said:
Although when's the last time a home console hasn't been released in the fall?
PS3 in Europe? Probably doesn't count. I think some Sega ones were, which isn't a good sign, but the market has changed significantly since then.

Woffls said:
You should adjust your expectations. Every source has indicated that this is the LEAST we should expect. Wherever it lies between PS3 and PS4 specs, it'll still get mostly the same games because of how scalable new engines are, and publishers' desires to keep costs down.

Even if PS4/XB3 are launched in 2013, publishers will probably be more willing to opt for development on PS36é (Yes, that's PS3, 360 and Café) than PS4/XB3, and even the latter would likely allow for downscaling on Café.

Yeah, but so many times have I been burned. Not to mention I just cant see myself purchasing another Nintendo console unless it fixes online from the ground up. I have a Wii and PS3 I probably play my 360 20x more than the other two combined due to the great online service.

I just hope I am blown away. I want another great smash, metroid ect. i'd love to see it happen.

Kard8p3

Woffls said:
They've specified officially that they will "show a playable model of the system at E3". Now, that doesn't explicitly state that it will be playable, but they wouldn't specify it in this way if it weren't. Who can play it is another matter. Will it be played on stage, behind closed doors, or on the floor?

Whichever of these it is, Nintendo will definitely have gameplay footage available at the time, and they'd be foolish to not show something.

PS3 in Europe? Probably doesn't count. I think some Sega ones were, which isn't a good sign, but the market has changed significantly since then.

Didn't nintendo later confirm it would be playable on the show floor?

Woffls

Kard8p3 said:
Didn't nintendo later confirm it would be playable on the show floor?
Not that I can remember, but it's 2am here so I only have access to a small portion of my brain, and my memory is terrible to begin with xD

They might have, but people started assuming from the day they made the press release that it would be on the floor at E3.

HenryGale said:
Yeah, but so many times have I been burned. Not to mention I just cant see myself purchasing another Nintendo console unless it fixes online from the ground up. I have a Wii and PS3 I probably play my 360 20x more than the other two combined due to the great online service.

I just hope I am blown away. I want another great smash, metroid ect. i'd love to see it happen.
That's fine, but the original point that I contended was contradicted by almost every source, so I thought you might have missed some of them or something. I also play my 360 a lot more than my PS3 and Wii, which are both really just there for exclusives and BD/DVD.

And Nintendo been saying for ages now that online is a big focus for them, so keep hold of your railcard, because there's enough room for everyone! Choo Choooo!

If they're planning an early launch next year, it'll likely be playable on the floor.
Otherwise, it might not be.
Either way, we should get lots of good stuff.

HYDE

Banned
Here's what I think:

After witnessing the Super Nintendo launch in 1991, the Nintendo 64 launch in 1996, the Gamecube launch in 2001, and the Wii launch in 2006, I think it's more likely that Stream launches in 2011. I believe if it does happen to launch later, that it will just barely miss the mark and land on the beginning of 2012.

The only other console that will have had 7 years of life besides the Wii (if it's successor launches in 2012), will be the original NES, which launched in 1985.

Also, waiting another full year would be ludacris, because Microsoft will have gained way to much stability from having launched their console in 2005. 7 years to create a new console is comfortable, i could guess. The original Xbox launched in 2001, and was only allowed to live for four years.

Nintendo has to be launching way sooner in my semi-thought-out opinion, or should anyways.

(All of the launches are based from US).

HYDE said:
Here's what I think:

After witnessing the Super Nintendo launch in 1991, the Nintendo 64 launch in 1996, the Gamecube launch in 2001, and the Wii launch in 2006, I think it's more likely that Stream launches in 2011. I believe if it does happen to launch later, that it will just barely miss the mark and land on the beginning of 2012.

The only other console that will have had 7 years of life besides the Wii (if it's successor launches in 2012), will be the original NES, which launched in 1985.

Also, waiting another full year would be ludacris, because Microsoft will have gained way to much stability from having launched their console in 2005. 7 years to create a new console is comfortable, i could guess. The original Xbox launched in 2001, and was only allowed to live for four years.

Nintendo has to be launching way sooner in my semi-thought-out opinion, or should anyways.

Nope, it'll launch after March 31st, period.
They aren't including Cafe sales in this year's financial report.

AniHawk

HYDE said:
Here's what I think:

the president of the company said it would not launch before april 2012.

Woffls said:

Awesome name. How do I type é on an US keyboard?

Woffls

Kard8p3 said:
http://kotaku.com/5795447/nintendos-new-console-playable-by-everyone-at-e3

Right it was Kotaku that said they got confirmation from Nintendo that it would be playable by everyone.
Heh, I've not actually seen that one. Though it's still rumour, as much as everything else, so the press release is still the only official statement we have.
BMF said:
Awesome name. How do I type é on an US keyboard?
I'm on English (UK) and it's CTRL+ALT+E or ALT 130. Both of those should work for you.

Woffls

BlackNMild2k1 said:
or you could take it straight from Nintendo
<Press release img>
The post is about the ambiguity of the original press release, and clarification is only offered by an unnamed source. I think it will be on the floor, but it's still not official.

HYDE

Banned
AniHawk said:
the president of the company said it would not launch before april 2012.

I know, I know, I am just pointing out the facts.... And trying to hype people the hell up.
What I am trying to say is be prepared for a fuck awesome console, that has had more time to shine it's diamonds out.

Damn! The Super Nintendo Wii is about to be leashed upon us kids.

HYPE!!

Nirolak said:
Nintendo only allows series that have actually appeared on their platform.

Portal 2 on Cafe.
Exclusive! Play as Mario and Luigi in online coop!

BAM! Instant billion seller!

I just solved the economy.

JGS

Banned
apana said:
I doubt it. Besides I don't think whatever innovation is in Wii 2 will be as interesting or succesful as the Wii-mote.
I doubt it too, but no one thought up the innovation the Wii Remote had (Or the 3DS actually)

Nintendo is exceptionally good at doing things people say at the time "Hmm, who'd a thunk it?"

Indyana

Boney said:
I just press the key next to ñ and then an e

é
Spanish keyboard FTW!
HYDE said:
I know, I know, I am just pointing out the facts.... And trying to hype people the hell up.
What I am trying to say is be prepared for a fuck awesome console, that has had more time, to shine it's diamonds out.

Damn! The Super Nintendo Wii is about to be leashed upon us kids.

HYPE!!
I think Wii sales could make Nintendo to launch Café earlier than planned, but 2011 is too soon.
AniHawk said:
i guess we can take this as a confirmation of valve support then.
Hiphopgamer has already confirmed it.

lolypoly said:
No need to wait for E3, IGN built a Wii 2 themselves http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aADc6GWf494

Wow... that's.... fucking awful.
Consoles and open PCs are not even close to comparable like that.
The Cafe will see a much larger boost in power simply because it'll be streamlined and running on a set hardware spec that isn't running a horribly bloated OS.
Also, that price is outrageous. You can probably get that system for far less than that.

I mean, come on. $200 for a 4850? Please.

AceBandage said:
Portal 2 on Cafe.
Exclusive! Play as Mario and Luigi in online coop!

BAM! Instant billion seller!

I just solved the economy.

And Chell can have Peach, Mario and Luigi styled out-fits!
Plus a mushroom kingdom is portal style room!

Valve and Nintendo become BFFs and Retro makes something awesome and new! :D

However, I will say:

Despite how bad that "Custom Wii2" was, if they are in fact correct about those specs, people's minds will be blown.

antonz

AceBandage said:
However, I will say:

Despite how bad that "Custom Wii2" was, if they are in fact correct about those specs, people's minds will be blown.
Yeah I mean the specs are significant enough to do wonders. It would basically be a system that is operating at 4x the current HD consoles.

Some people will still bitch about it in the end but it would be a major upgrade for Nintendo and even the dudebros.

oatmeal

Banned
antonz said:
Yeah I mean the specs are significant enough to do wonders. It would basically be a system that is operating at 4x the current HD consoles.

Some people will still bitch about it in the end but it would be a major upgrade for Nintendo and even the dudebros.

Why did they put in 2 GB of RAM when they say in the article that it will likely only have 1?

Strange.

AceBandage said:
However, I will say:

Those are some damn good specs. The comparing games thing was completely stupid, but if it has something like the 4850 in there, we should be in for a pretty powerful system. Let's just hope whatever tweaks Nintendo is making too it help increase performance and not the other way around.

oatmeal said:
Why did they put in 2 GB of RAM when they say in the article that it will likely only have 1?

Strange.

Because to run the games on a PC, they have to run the bloated Windows OS, which is a significant draw on resources.
This isn't a problem on consoles, where the OS is streamlined and takes up very little.

Woffls

brochiller said:
Wow, new info from IGN. Sounds good about the GPU and RAM.

http://gear.ign.com/articles/116/1168222p1.html
I really think they're just making educated guesses with this one. I think they know as much as they did when the other article was posted all those weeks ago.
oatmeal said:
Needs to run stuff in the background, like Windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom