• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Muslim Community |OT|

dropkix

Neo Member
Yup, I usually check neogaf every few months for new anime and just noticed there's a muslim community thread now :)

Mashallah, that's an honour

So I have a question for anyone who feels like answering. Is there such a thing as loving your family too much? Like as Muslims the idea is to not worship anything but Allah. Sometimes I feel like it's hard to love Allah with the greatest capacity possible and without question. However, when I think of my baby daughter..I love her without question. So I guess to reiterate is there a thing of loving your family too much?
no haha. The idea of loving Allah and his messenger more than anything, in your context, is Allah giving you the blessing of a child who you love so much, and his messenger guiding you towards Him. The point is to be grateful to Allah for everything we have: money, health, children. That is why we say we love God and his messenger the most. At least in my understanding!
Salaams y'all, whats good?

Wasalaam.

:secret muslim handshake

dropkix

Neo Member
Now had you asked "Is is wrong to love your waifu more than Allah?" bro the answer may have been quite different

effzee

So like most non-Arab Muslims, I grew up reading the Quran in Arabic (finished it 2 times) but never really read or was provided translations.

What is the best English source if I wanted to read a full translation? My bro-inlaw suggested:

The Quran by M.A.S Abdel Haleem. Thoughts?

So I have some relatives that are pro Trump. This honestly ruined my opinion of them as I looked up to them a lot. Theyre well educated with lucrative careers so I just cant understand. I really want to know what those 7% of Muslim voters that are voting for Trump are thinking.

Yup, I usually check neogaf every few months for new anime and just noticed there's a muslim community thread now :)

Mashallah, that's an honour

Nice bro, Salaam and welcome! Playing Fire Emblem?

So like most non-Arab Muslims, I grew up reading the Quran in Arabic (finished it 2 times) but never really read or was provided translations.

What is the best English source if I wanted to read a full translation? My bro-inlaw suggested:

The Quran by M.A.S Abdel Haleem. Thoughts?

I hear that suggestion a lot from Converts. It's supposed to be the be most...explanatory I guess?

Also see if you can get your hands on this one: Study Quran: A new translation and commentary

Kralamoonard, sorry to see you got banned man, anybody know if he got hit with a perm or not?

Asalamo alaykum guys, hope everyone is doing well.

Especially you Artisan, hope everything is going well for you and that you're in a better space now.

To answer your question, I have finally been unbanned after 3 months only to find out that I have also been juniored.

I've sent an inquiry to a mod as I feel I have been dealt unjustly, since basically, I got banned for 3 months for creating a thread despite the first one getting locked. Mind you, I understood the risk of doing that, but I prefaced the second thread as to genuinely explain why I never understood it got locked in the first place.

Anyhow, I'm happy to be back. I was probably more productive in these 3 months anyway, haha. Hope everyone is doing well.

Especially you Artisan, hope everything is going well for you and that you're in a better space now.

To answer your question, I have finally been unbanned after 3 months only to find out that I have also been juniored.

I've sent an inquiry to a mod as I feel I have been dealt unjustly, since basically, I got banned for 3 months for creating a thread despite the first one getting locked. Mind you, I understood the risk of doing that, but I prefaced the second thread as to genuinely explain why I never understood it got locked in the first place.

Anyhow, I'm happy to be back. I was probably more productive in these 3 months anyway, haha. Hope everyone is doing well.
Ha, that thread is a crazy ride.

Just call the number. You will be grateful you did.
Hey Rusty, sorry I'm like almost half a year late on this. I think I will give them a call. Since the last time I posted here, a lot of things have changed, but depression is something I don't think I will ever escape. It will oscillate, fluctuate, but it is a shadow that I can never walk away from.

Walaikuum asalam, hey there, my visit to this thread is long overdue, but it seems like you got you regular member status back?

As for me, I think I do owe some explanations, but right now I'm dealing with a pretty bad cough/cold, I guess. I'll be back on later to tell my side and to see what's going on with y'all

Anyone grow up in a mixed religion household? Or married someone outside of the faith?

How did you guys decide on the childs religion?

Kisaya

Anyone grow up in a mixed religion household? Or married someone outside of the faith?

No, but my plan is to just expose them of Islam and have them decide when they're older.

Ramadan's in roughly a month y'all. Anyone wants dibs on Ramadan OT? I've been making them for past three years :D

So soon! I think I'm ready to start fasting again, it's been two years!

I'm a convert and my husband isn't Muslim, but he agrees that we will raise them with a Muslim background and that I will practice with them and bring them to the mosque. But ultimately they will decide if they want to continue to practice.

Also on an unrelated note:
I'm really sad that I haven't been able to fast this past Ramadan as well as this upcoming one. It makes me feel very disconnected. :(

RiZ III

I'm really sad that I haven't been able to fast this past Ramadan as well as this upcoming one. It makes me feel very disconnected. :(

Why haven't you been able to fast?

Also, I hope you guys have started weening yourselves off of caffeine if you are caffeine drinkers.

Could be a number of reasons...health, pregnancy, breastfeeding...etc etc.

Yup. Last ramadhan I was pregnant, and this ramadhan I'm breastfeeding. I'm definitely gonna try to go to some of the taraweeh prayers. I just get nervous with all this anti muslim rhetoric going on lately (in US) and I live in a city.

Also, I hope you guys have started weening yourselves off of caffeine if you are caffeine drinkers.

I'm trying to start cutting out all processed sugars. Everyone should watch a documentary called "Fed up" if you get a chance. Its on Netflix.

I just PM'd you about it.

I can do it.

It'll be Ramadan OT | 2016 | Go tell your friends about it

best I could come up with :
Oh I just saw your pm. Swear someone else already called dibs earlier, but go ahead if no one else will! My earlier thread is here:

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1064878

You can reuse the OT for information or create a new one from scratch. As for titles,

RAMADAN 2016 |OT| The Thirst is Real
RAMADAN 2016 |OT| Gotta Go Fast
RAMADAN 2016 |OT| Fast and Furious

Oh I just saw your pm. Swear someone else already called dibs earlier, but go ahead if no one else will! My earlier thread is here:

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1064878

You can reuse the OT for information or create a new one from scratch. As for titles,

oh boy, this be the first OT I make if I do end up being the OP.

so let's vote on the title then.

^^I like fast & furious, but the only one I could come up with was

RAMADAN 2016 |OT| Go tell your friends about it

(corny I know...but it's all I could really think of)

does not need to be fancy at all. just why we do it .i honestly fine without ot as well as this one will serve as hub.

Title : hungry hungry hippos!

lol i am fine with your title artisan or rusty. whoever is making ot choose your own

does not need to be fancy at all. just why we do it .i honestly fine without ot as well as this one will serve as hub.
There are other non muslims and well wishers who will be interested in fasting, and its also good dawah to inform the public :)

Title : hungry hungry hippos!

lol i am fine with your title artisan or rusty. whoever is making ot choose your own
+1 vote for Hungry hungry hippos

RAMADAN 2016 |OT| The Month of Cheat Codes

get it since you get good deeds multiplied by so much and stuff

RAMADAN 2016 |OT| Got to get up early so not to Break the Fast

Puns are pretty terrible things.
I never thought about it that way...maybe it's just coz I'm so addicted to the weeknd that I'd rather it just be go tell your friends about it.

I'll go ahead and make the OT if Rusty can't but do you wanna do it?

edit: nevermind, go for it!

Top Bottom