• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 PC Beta Early Access begins August 28 (8/29 for Open Beta)

Theorry

Doesn't really seem fair? We get 2-3 days of beta? Console players had a week.

It got extended tho. As always.

---

The following are the specs for what you'll need to build to participate.

Recommended Spec
CPU
Intel - Core i5-2400
AMD - Ryzen R5 1600X

GPU
Nvidia - GeForce GTX 970
AMD - Radeon R9 390

RAM
8GB

Minimum Spec
CPU
Intel - Core i3-3250
AMD - FX-4350

GPU
Nvidia - GeForce GTX 660 2GB
AMD - Radeon HD 7850 2GB

RAM
6GB

packy34

:lol

Fair...

Enjoy it! And watch out for the spoilers coming a few days later. :)

I mean... it's not?

It also seems a bit strange to have a shorter beta on a platform which probably needs the most testing due to infinite combinations of hardware builds, but hey. Betas are just demos these days I guess.

Strakt

Thank god; playing the ps4 beta felt awful due to using a controller and 30 fps.. but gameplay was super fun

Midas

I mean... it's not?

It also seems a bit strange to have a shorter beta on a platform which probably needs the most testing due to infinite combinations of hardware builds, but hey. Betas are just demos these days I guess.

I don't want to, but... life isn't fair.

Betas are just stress tests.

I can’t wait!!!! It was so fun on PS4 but my PC gonna melt it!!

1080p 144hz single monitor

I’m running with

i7 2700k 3.5ghz
16gb ram
GTX 970

My PC is Ready!

I mean... it's not?

The truth. No way this is enough time.

"Buy our game now and we'll fix it later™"

FinKL

Kinda sucks that it's only 2 days to test on a completely new system they haven't released on, but oh well will only be a week or so until console release!

Can't wait to play this at 1440p 60. My 7700k and 1070 are ready!

I wonder if you'll be able to go higher, frame rate wise, or if a 60fps cap seems wiser? I'm hoping to get closer to 1440p/60 on my 1060. Obviously, if 60fps is in any way compromised, I'll drop resolution.

I expect this running at 165hz 1440p will validate my decision to skip the console version right before it launches. So decent timing based on that.

Must resist urge to buy Xbox version then sell it when PC launches...

JWiLL

Banned
Excellent. I do anticipate they'll extend it out too.

Got D2 for free with my GTX 1080, which is paired with a 6700k @ 4.5ghz, so I'm definitely ready from a hardware perspective.

Hoping I can hit 144hz @ 1080p without turning too much down for PVP play. The 4v4 focus and smaller maps should help there.

I'll just max out everything for PVE though, as long as it stays above 100 fps it'll feel good. Can't wait to see what it looks like with all the PC exclusive bells and whistles cranked up.

Probably will help me with my decision. Wait for PC Version? Start rarly with PS4 or Xbox One?

This. If I have a hard time adjusting to the PC version with a controller I might stick with the PS4 Pro version. It will be incredibly interesting to see how they've balanced the two against one another.

Devildoll

Awesome, i was really looking forward to trying destiny out on the PC, and got a bit bummed out when the first beta was console only.

jediyoshi

Haven't launched the Blizzard launcher in weeks. Is it possible to preorder from there now?

Yes

nOLWwkL.png

roytheone

It got extended tho. As always.

---

The following are the specs for what you’ll need to build to participate.

Recommended Spec
CPU
Intel - Core i5-2400
AMD - Ryzen R5 1600X

GPU
Nvidia - GeForce GTX 970
AMD - Radeon R9 390

RAM
8GB

Minimum Spec
CPU
Intel - Core i3-3250
AMD - FX-4350

GPU
Nvidia - GeForce GTX 660 2GB
AMD - Radeon HD 7850 2GB

RAM
6GB

Low cpu requirements, not surprising but still good to see!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
That's later than I was expecting. I'd assumed early-mid August as the games list section of the Blizzard client was redesigned about a week-and-a-half ago (there was previously no room for another game).

Pooya

That's later than I was expecting. I'd assumed early-mid August as the games list section of the Blizzard client was redesigned about a week-and-a-half ago (there was previously no room for another game).

SC Remaster goes up there in about two weeks, they had to prepare for that I guess.

JWiLL

Banned
I am expecting this beta to prove that the consoles could technically run this at 60fps, looking at the CPU recommendations.

If they could, I'm sure they would.

The IPC on those 1.7ghz Jaguar cores is pretty damn bad. I'm not familiar with the minimum spec CPUs but I'm willing to bet they can clock higher, even if they have less cores.

I will try it. I never played Destiny, I always wanted to for the loot aspect. I am told the beta has no loot drops though so that may sour my experience. Imagine a Diablo beta without loot drops. (I have never played Destiny I just assume loot is a huge part of it)

Tovarisc

Consoles got
  • 8 days for PS4 pre-order
  • 7 days for XBO pre-order
  • 6 days without pre-order
Extension was 2 days so reduce that from numbers above if want that figure.

PC? 3 days for pre-order, 2 without.

For platform that they haven't released single game in ages and will get so many sys specs thrown at it in beta setting like this.

What the actual fuck?

------------

System requirements are pretty much what I expected, CPU is way lower than I thought it would be. Like a lot lower.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
3570k @ 4.3GHz / GTX 970 so I'm ahead of the recommend specs, I fully expect 1080p/60fps without a single problem, but what about 144fps? Even 100+ would be great.

Magwik

Banned
3570k @ 4.3GHz / GTX 970 so I'm ahead of the recommend specs, I fully expect 1080p/60fps without a single problem, but what about 144fps? Even 100+ would be great.
Should be more than fine. Their demo build was running 60/4k on a 1080ti/7700k.

Jblanks

Doesn't really seem fair? We get 2-3 days of beta? Console players had a week.

3 days is plenty. You can do everything in an hour, and depends on how much you like that stuff to play it over and over again. I played it for 2 days, and it was more than enough. It will probably be extended anyhow..

Top Bottom