• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2017 - Toot toot, Cold Steel Warrior, shaka brah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hektor

Are we getting Final Fantasy XV Pocket Edition as well?
I must say it looks a bit better than Windows Edition.

ULTIMATE QUALITY
DH0l-GBWsAAQGEs.jpg

dex3108

I am 1/3 through DmC and i like it so far. There are many combos that i am not even trying to learn to be honest (i am still manaing to get S and SS style ratings). Story is stupid but i kinda like it so far. i also like Dante (i never played DMC so i won't get into old vs. new debate) and i think that actor did good job with his character.

I bought Brink day 1, I think it was because Bethesda was the publisher and I love 90% of their published games. It wasnt even that bad if people were to play it. There were some serious bugs though, I remember one where the was no sound on some of the maps for me.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Cl0ckwork worked on that FF mobile game btw, as combat director

Aaron D.

Got the SNES Classic pre-order in my Target.com checkout basket and actually clicked forward through several order finalization pages before it dumped me into a Sold Out page.

Went from super-excited to super-crushed in quick turn.

Plenty of $300-$500 pre-orders on eBay, though.

F Nintendo and F the Scarcity Culture they're so intent on riding out.

No wonder I've gone completely digital over the past decade.

Contemplating on getting the latest Humble Bundle only for Lakeview Cabin Collection since it looked interesting. Has anyone played it here on SteamGAF?

Got the SNES Classic pre-order in my Target.com checkout basket and actually clicked forward through several order finalization pages before it dumped me into a Sold Out page.

I bought at 1 from Best Buy Canada, it is now 4 and no confirmation email...hmm..

I am two seconds from saying screw it and getting a raspberry pi but I'll wait and see if it may go back up closer to release. I seriously hate how hard it is to get these freaking things,

cyba89

Crypt of the Necrodancer now has a partnership with Spike Chunsoft

http://steamcommunity.com/games/247080/announcements/detail/2523559863551442132
Huge FREE Chipzel and Danganronpa update!
22. AUGUST - BRACE YOURSELF GAMES
Get ready to groove! Crypt of the NecroDancer has just received a HUGE free update with the content our fans have been asking for!

Chipzel!
First up, famed video-game composer Chipzel's "Chipped of the NecroDancer" OST is now playable in-game! And, better yet, it includes all new tracks for Zone 5! This amazing OST, including all zones 1 through 5 is now available to purchase via our Steam store page. Show your support for Chipzel's work and grab the OST now!

danganronpa616x353.jpg

Spike Chunsoft!
We have also teamed up with our friends at Spike Chunsoft to bring you another new OST and new playable character skins! You can now use the "Change Sountrack" feature to change to the Danganronpa OST for zones 1 through 4! Additionally, you can use the all new "Change Skin" option to swap any character's sprite with a Spike Chunsoft character! Here's the list:
Monokuma
Monomi
Chiaki Nanami
Junko Enoshima
Hinata Hajime
Makoto Naegi
Asuka
and Shiren the Wanderer
And last, but not least, we have a new "NecroDancer VS Danganronpa" bundle that allows you to purchase Crypt of the NecroDancer, Crypt of the NecroDancer: AMPLIFIED, and Danganronpa 1 & 2 at a discounted price!

Huge thanks to our friends Chipzel and Spike Chunsoft for making this massive free update possible. We hope you enjoy it!

I can't believe people expected the SNES Mini launch to go any differently.

Uninstalled Path of Exile. Trying to stay strong and finish up Dishonored 2. I felt a little bad about the way I did
Jindosh
. I am an angry monarch.

Plesiades

I want Alien: Isolation but I also want the complete edition so I'm not sure if it's worth it? D:

The DLC is a mixed bag.

There are 2 standalone missions depicting the third act of Alien. The other ones are Survival mode maps, where you have to complete a number of objectives within a time limit while the Alien is around. The latter ones are not essential IMO, but it was nice to see new areas of the space station.

Dec

It's been... 6 or 7 years since I played L.A. Noire and I didn't play any of the DLC.

Any reason not to get it in the current sale? How big of an issue is Social Club, how is performance, are there any negatives to unlocking the framerate?

Alien8

Current Ubi sale on steam is mostly on racing games, but it seems that during this weekend Rainbow Six Siege is going to be free, and with a 50% off deal.

Source

Is there a program that allows me to set max volume levels per game so the each time I launch certain games my ears dont fall off, Xenoverse 2 is really annoying as the volume settings on kick in after you get to the title screen so the intro etc is really loud

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is there a program that allows me to set max volume levels per game so the each time I launch certain games my ears dont fall off, Xenoverse 2 is really annoying as the volume settings on kick in after you get to the title screen so the intro etc is really loud

Windows' volume mixer remembers individual volume levels.

sadblob

I think the Windows sound mixer remember the values in the next executions. Just tested with a game and it seems like it works.

prudislav

.hack//G.U. Last Recode - Release Date Announcement Trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XweyKPF4P50
Coming back better than ever, .hack//G.U. Last Recode allows fans to experience the epic second story of the cross-media franchise, fully remastered in HD! Jump into Rebirth, Reminisce, and Redemption with new system modes that allow you to enjoy the story with Non-Stress Gameplay, such as the Cheat Mode and Retry System. Then, start your journey anew in Episode 4: Reconnection, where Haseo must save Ovan from his ice prison, meet new characters like a mysterious girl named Kusabira, and obtain incredible new power while uncovering the truth about "The World".

.hack//G.U. Last Recode will arrive on November 3rd for PS4 and PC

Hektor

Quake Champions is fun but i gotta say, the concept of making it a quasi hero shooter doesn't do the game any good

Feels like it doesn't really add anything to the game and only exists to sell skins.
Abilities look overhwelming at first, but ultimately throwing a grenade or spitting some acid every 50 seconds desn't really pull any weight.

In that time you have killed 10 players already or have been killed 10 times or a mix of both, so it doesn't feel like punching someone to death as doom guy makes for any big plays.

Unfortunately they also decided to tie abilities like Strafe jumping or double jumps to characters.

Well, game will be dead 6 months from now anyways, so i'll be having some casual fun with it.

This opinion is formed on 40 mintues of playing mind you.

Pakkidis

Don't you love it when you buy games during the Steam Summer Sale only to see those exact same games in bundles a few weeks later :(

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Don't you love it when you buy games during the Steam Summer Sale only to see those exact same games in bundles a few weeks later :(

thats why you dont buy games during sles :3

So how long does this Bethesda sale last? I don't see an ending date on any of the store pages. And why are the discounts on the newer Wolfenstein games so weak?

I haven't played any of the .hack games, but a few days ago I read it had PSO as an inspiration, and I love PSO. Should I try this or are the games completely different?

I tried the first .hack one for about 5-10 hours and it sucked ass. But this is a collection of .hack//G.U. not .hack so maybe they are fairly different. Although .hack//G.U. seemed to review worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom