• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Download Games |OT| News, Announcements, Reviews, and Impressions Thread

Vert boil

Released today,

2009kskk.png
19qqs9s.png

Mr. Shifty - 15$, 3.92GB.
(Trial available. 30 mins, unlocks achievements.)

Oh...Sir! The Insult Simulator - 3$, 445MB.

Race Arcade - 10$, 522MB.

The Way - 10$, 821MB.

Montresor

I recommend not buying Tacoma right now. It's bugged to where you can't even get passed the start screen.

How did you fix this BananasWithGuns? Guerrilla said the fix is a "dashboard" update but all my games, app, and console OS are up-to-date.

I'm stuck at Press A To Start, it's so frustrating.

Montresor

Also, I'm very pleased with the late ports on Xbox lately. I'm being honest by the way - I really don't care if something comes out on PS4 first, then takes long to come to Xbox. As long as it eventually comes to Xbox I'm a happy camper. But anyway, lately we've got:

Broken Age
What Remains of Edith Finch

+ Thumper was announced for this month!
+ Spotify is finally coming to the console
+ Crash Trilogy is likely to come to the console in the fall

A lot of other stuff that's missing, but eh. *shrugs* Really happy either way.

----------

Regarding Tacoma, I am soooo frustrated. The game is amazingly slick with tons of attention to detail. I played the first 20 minutes on my brother's console, but on my own home console, the game is stuck at "Press A To Start". And I've done whatever I can think of (changing my home Xbox, reinstall, hard restart, etc...). =/

How did you fix this BananasWithGuns? Guerrilla said the fix is a "dashboard" update but all my games, app, and console OS are up-to-date.

I'm stuck at Press A To Start, it's so frustrating.

I didn't, I tried everything listed on the Fullbright Twitter but nothing worked so I just refunded it.

Montresor

I didn't, I tried everything listed on the Fullbright Twitter but nothing worked so I just refunded it.

What about Fullbright / Tacoma twitter's latest suggestion?

For those unable to progress past Press A on Xbox-- we have a patch in to fix this. But in the meantime, we found the issue: Non-gamepad input devices cause conflicts. So try disconnecting ANY input device-- chat pad, Kinect, media controller, even the Xbox App (!) doing so should work around the problem for now-- and again, an official fix is on its way. Thank you for your patience!

I have my Xbox app occasionally connected to my Xbox on my iPhone. And I have a Kinect. Fingers crossed that fixes it.

I want to play this game so badly and I don't want a refund (yet). Hopefully the above fixes my problem tonight.

Montresor

A couple of recent ID@Xbox reviews for you guys:

the-way-xbox-one-screenshot-42.jpg

The Way review [Windows Central]

moon-hunters-xbox-one-screenshot-80.jpg

Moon Hunters review [Windows Central]

The Way is an Another World-style platforming adventure, and Moon Hunters is a fun little action-RPG with tons of choose your own adventure elements. I think somebody dismissed it as not being a good single-player game a week or two ago, but I disagree with that assessment. It's a great game.

I'm still groggy after waking up but I'll definitely check these two reviews. I admit - most of the time you review games that don't typically interest me but I've had my eye on these two games and I'm eager to see what you thought.

Ohmbrew

Does anyone know of any "escape room" type games on the Xbox One? I recently played a few escape room board games (similar to the "Unlock" and "Exit" series of games if anyone has tried them) and thought it would be great if similar games existed on console.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Is it true Recore Definitive has finally been announced?

Have been receiving news on gaming groups, but can't find the official announcement.

RedStep

We Happy Few (Game Preview) will be getting a price increase before release. Currently 30$ and on the 16th it'll be bloated to 51$.

Looks like they bloated the price early, all the way up to $60. Oh well, was gonna grab it today out of caution but the trial did nothing for me and the price is insane. Good luck with that move, my dudes.

Edit: maybe they'll fix it in time..

Tweet said:
Compulsion Games‏
@CompulsionGames
Microsoft price should be returning for normal (at least for one more day...) over the next couple of hours. Thanks for letting us know!
7:35 AM - 15 Aug 2017

Is it true Recore Definitive has finally been announced?

Have been receiving news on gaming groups, but can't find the official announcement.
Not official no, but the same dude who "leaked it" 5 days ago posted the boxart, release date and screenshots

https://twitter.com/saurabhcharde/status/896775096294973441

They were prob saving it for Gamescom talk show Sunday

Looks like they bloated the price early, all the way up to $60. Oh well, was gonna grab it today out of caution but the trial did nothing for me and the price is insane. Good luck with that move, my dudes.

Edit: maybe they'll fix it in time..
I grabbed it the other day for $30 once I heard of the price spike soon, glad I did!

speedomodel

When does We Happy Few launch? The trial I did was...interesting but at the beginning and a bit rough so I am hesitant to jump on it.

Vert boil

When does We Happy Few launch? The trial I did was...interesting but at the beginning and a bit rough so I am hesitant to jump on it.

No date yet.
"The full game is not releasing on the 16th. We are releasing the last major update on the 16th, and then we’ll be working full time on the story and the 1.0 release. It will still be some time away. As we’ve said before, maintaining the Early Access build and the story build as separate entities is difficult, and becoming unworkable. We can now concentrate all of our efforts on making the story the best it can be."

-----
Rock of Ages 2: Bigger & Boulder will be coming out Aug 29th, 15$ but there will be a 10% discount.

There'll be a free Binding of Isaac dlc (for four weeks) and a Classic pack for 2$.

Site - Trailer

gal176u5y.gif

Vert boil

Released today,

Circuit Breakers - 10$, 172MB.

Conan Exiles (Game Preview) is available now.

Download the game responsibly folks ;)
(Regions Censored: Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Germany, Hong Kong SAR, India, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Africa, Taiwan, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, United States.

Regions Uncensored: Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Greece, Hungary, Israel, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Republic of Ireland, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom. #winning)

New Pre-Order,

Pankapu - 12$

-----
We Happy Few (Game Preview) dropped down to 30$ again, probably not for very long.

Montresor

A couple of recent ID@Xbox reviews for you guys:

the-way-xbox-one-screenshot-42.jpg

The Way review [Windows Central]

moon-hunters-xbox-one-screenshot-80.jpg

Moon Hunters review [Windows Central]

The Way is an Another World-style platforming adventure, and Moon Hunters is a fun little action-RPG with tons of choose your own adventure elements. I think somebody dismissed it as not being a good single-player game a week or two ago, but I disagree with that assessment. It's a great game.

Good stuff. Both these games were on my radar. What I got from your reviews is both games seem pretty well made, solid titles. But I don't think I'll be into them necessarily. Seems like a pair of good games but I'll have to pass. Thanks for the reviews.

sora87

Not sure where else to ask this, does anyone know why I can't purchase Gunstar Heroes with the money I have on my ms account? It's £3 and I have £5 on there :/

Released today,

Conan Exiles (Game Preview) is available now.

Download the game responsibly folks ;)
(Regions Censored: Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Germany, Hong Kong SAR, India, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Africa, Taiwan, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, United States.

Regions Uncensored: Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Greece, Hungary, Israel, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Republic of Ireland, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom. #winning).

I guess you can buy the game in one region and download it on another, right?

fenners

Not sure where else to ask this, does anyone know why I can't purchase Gunstar Heroes with the money I have on my ms account? It's £3 and I have £5 on there :/

Are you trying to buy it on a 360 or not? Can't use MS points to buy 360 content if you're not actually doing it on a 360.

Yes, it's dumb, and no, it's not getting fixed. :/

sora87

Are you trying to buy it on a 360 or not? Can't use MS points to buy 360 content if you're not actually doing it on a 360.

Yes, it's dumb, and no, it's not getting fixed. :/

Ahhh right, I was tryna buy it through my X1. That's very dumb indeed :/

Montresor

Have you guys pre-ordered Xbox One X?

I pre-ordered two from Best Buy. One for myself and another as an early Christmas gift for my brother.

I confirmed my brother's pre-order is a Project Scorpio edition. I'm trying to get them to confirm the same for my pre-order lol...

B4D1E

I am on vacation and was too late before Amazon had run out. Never thought it would happen honestly since MS in EU is not the hotness. Either their message has worked or they were only a handful of Scorpio Edition.

Vert boil

Released today,

Super Comboman: Smash Edition - 15$, 1.63GB.

SwapQuest - 10$, 273MB.

The Escapists 2 - 20$, 3.52GB.
--Season pass - 10$
--The Glorious Regime - 4$

New DLC,

Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy: The Telltale Series
--Episode 3 - 5$

New Pre-Orders,

Blacksea Odyssey - 15$

DreamBreak - 8$ (will rise to 10$)

Knock-Knock - 7$
(Trial available. 30 mins, unlocks achievements.)

The Coma: Recut - 12$ (will rise to 15$)

White Noise 2 - 8$ (will rise to 10$)

-----
World of Tanks is getting a SP mode today called War Stories.

Ohmbrew

Have you guys pre-ordered Xbox One X?

I pre-ordered two from Best Buy. One for myself and another as an early Christmas gift for my brother.

I confirmed my brother's pre-order is a Project Scorpio edition. I'm trying to get them to confirm the same for my pre-order lol...

For some stupid reason, I delayed pre-ordering on Sunday after the conference and then got busy with life stuff. I tried to look during work on Monday but most of the online retailers in Canada were sold out. I saw Walmart had some, but they didn't clarify if it was the Scorpio edition, so I waited again (also, not a fan of ordering from Walmart online).

I looked again today and Walmart had the Scorpio Edition listed, but it was also sold out. I don't know why I waited.

I thought I'd take a chance and try calling EB Games to see if they're doing in store pre-orders and it turns out they have some left. Now I have to hope there's still some around this evening once I have a chance to get to the store!

eastx

Good stuff. Both these games were on my radar. What I got from your reviews is both games seem pretty well made, solid titles. But I don't think I'll be into them necessarily. Seems like a pair of good games but I'll have to pass. Thanks for the reviews.

Thanks for checking them out! Yeah, indie games cover so many different genres and styles that they're never going to be for everyone. But it's cool when we can give titles like that a little well-deserved coverage and attention. :)

Battle of the Bulge for $10, sold. Funny thing: those games are ten a penny on PC, but they suddenly become more interesting to me on console.

Any word on how Mages of Mystralia is?

Oh and the two Wolfies for $30? Oooo.

Vert boil

There's going to be a new Xbox One version of Minecraft.

If you own the current version digitally you'll be able to buy the new version for free for a limited time.

If you own the disc version, to get the new digital version for free (for a limited time) you either have to play five hours (or have played five hours in the past 12 months) or have bought a piece of dlc.

Full FAQ.

Yeah, I looked at that, then I read some of the reviews on Steam and decided to wait for a sale.

Hah, I just read those and am now less keen. That said, 'just three unit types' might actually work quite nicely... I dunno. Will watch some vids. Only ten bucks anyway.

danowat

Banned
Hah, I just read those and am now less keen. That said, 'just three unit types' might actually work quite nicely... I dunno. Will watch some vids. Only ten bucks anyway.

Yeah, it's a decent price, but I've got too much to play anyway, I also couldn't figure out how much single player content it has, as the store page just says 2 player local.

Top Bottom