• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth |OT| The Prodigious Mon Returns (Courtesy of a Petition)

Mr-Joker

Banned
Y'all better buy this game!!!

Anyway I am so pumped to buy the game, though I have no idea how much Namco will price the Vita version in the UK as they haven't said anything about it.

Q: Can you name your Digimon?

A: Yes, it’s a bit hidden though. When you are in the menu, select Digimon, then Settings, then the Digimon's portrait. It will give you the keyboard to type in their name. If you are planning to raise a lot of Digimon, it is a good idea to give them names, as the loose Digivolution routes can make it hard to remember who's who.

Ysssss, I give Omegamon his Japanese name.

Gotta wait till friday. Urgh.

I will be waiting longer as I having to finish Pokémon Yellow first, as it's unlikely that I will finish it before Friday.

I'm so excited for this game! I have to wait to the 5th for my copy but I'm re-watching Tamers in the meantime, gotta love Digimon!

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Without the digimon branding, this would just be insert generic turn based Atlus JRPG considering how self contained it is. I like it, will buy

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
Gotta wait til the 18th. Please don't count the receipts until then, Producer-san!

Enjoy the game, everyone!

Famassu

Namco Bandai & Media Vision, doing what Game Freak & Nintendon't. First time I'm interested in a monster training game in a long while, after the Pokemon games have felt so stale for, like, a decade.

Fuck. I have a long flight on friday night, I was hoping to play it ;_; I dont think Ill be able to download it on time.

It will most likely be up very early in the morning (shortly after midnight, actually), if that helps.

No guarantee but games often pop up at that time.

18-Volt

I'm not even into Digimon at all, but Media.Vision doing this, they're one of my favorite JRPG makers. I'll support them by double dipping this.

Hopefully we'll get Next Order too.

GooeyHeat

I loved Digimon World DS and Dusk, which I later found out were the first two Digimon Story games, and I'm glad that this seems to share many of the gameplay mechanics. I, for one, am excited. Pre-ordered and all.

wiibomb

YAS!!
I did not sign the petition (or at least I do not remember doing so), but I bough the PS4 version, and if this is good enought I might buy the Vita version to have that portability

Ultimadrago

Man, I wish you could play against a friend's team at will online (for PS4). But I'll prefer going through the offline Coliseum more anyways, so I won't mind too much.

Can't believe this day has actually come, I remember so vividly the petition and it getting shit because 'they don't work'.

Surprised we never had a crow thread! Maybe I even said it wouldn't work, how exciting.

Poppincaps

Neo Member
Digimon World on the PS1 was one of my favorites. I'm down for a Digimon game, might pick it up in the Summer.

Ultimadrago

"Agumon Taichi and CS Protagonist costumes (PLEASE NOTE: Once you digivolve a costumed Agumon, you can never get it back. They make up for this by having the max level cap and an extra attack.)"

Could you explain this a little more? Do I get to choose which Agumon to equip them on? And by extra attack, do you mean they get another attack move (above the usual) or more attack power?

Can't believe this day has actually come, I remember so vividly the petition and it getting shit because 'they don't work'.

Surprised we never had a crow thread! Maybe I even said it wouldn't work, how exciting.

Someone drag up that thread!

http://www.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=846959

"Agumon Taichi and CS Protagonist costumes (PLEASE NOTE: Once you digivolve a costumed Agumon, you can never get it back. They make up for this by having the max level cap and an extra attack.)"

Could you explain this a little more? Do I get to choose which Agumon to equip them on? And by extra attack, do you mean they get another attack move (above the usual) or more attack power?

The costumed Agumon are special Agumon you get, you don't get a costume to equip on any Agumon (which, upon reflection, is a better idea). And by extra attack, I mean they get an extra skill. I should probably change that to be more clear.

Tapejara

Ended up going PS4 on this one due to there actually being a physical copy in NA (importing isn't an option for me right now). Really excited! It's been years since I've watched the Digimon anime, and I'm really looking forward to getting back into the series with this game.

Also, shout out to everyone else who picked Digimon All-Star Rumble back in 2013 in hopes that it would convince Namco to bring Cyber Sleuth over!

mp1990

Banned
Can't be just a coincidence these character designs looks so similar to the Devil Survivor ones (the white/blue jacket one is almost a straight rip off). Are them from the same guy?

Yasumi

Banned
Namco Bandai & Media Vision, doing what Game Freak & Nintendon't. First time I'm interested in a monster training game in a long while, after the Pokemon games have felt so stale for, like, a decade.
Shh, you don't want Joe coming in here and flipping out about the finer intricacies of the Pokemon metagame's refined evolution, rich single player experience, etc.

But seriously, agreed. X was so bad.

Does it have cross save? Yes it does.

Should I get it for vita or PS4?

Well, you get these sick Custom themes if you buy Vita

vC1A78V.jpg

TI82

Banned

http://www.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=846959

Drago get outta here !

Top Bottom