• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My PS3 died and I’m trying to live to tell the story

Varna

Flek said:
i just did it … whasnt to hard actually. Just keep the screws organized

Great. Yeah. It doesn't seem all that difficult so far. Is there any way to tell if it's the power supply that's the problem?

Wow. Who ever is in charge of applying thermal paste as Sony sucks. It's all over the fucken place.

Chris_C

netguy503 said:
That's...not good. :(

So the slims are dying too? :( In a week of purchase?

Man, you guys must be having marathon game sessions or something.

I had played Uncharted 2 for about 5 hours straight, but then I was just streaming videos from my PC (albeit for another 7 hours).

Also, I live in Nigeria, it's pretty hot here, but still...

Until I get it fixed I'm officially a PC gamer, unfortunately NVIDIA and BFG are giving me the run around, my GTX 260 came with an expired code for Mirror's Edge instead of Batman: Arkham Asylum, they're both insisting the other party is responsible for providing the replacement code.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I sent my 20 gig to Sony about 3 weeks ago because I had an issue with freezing games. Get it back, and those same games still are freezing. I don't think they fixed it, despite charging me $150. Time to send it back I guess.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
My brothers PS3 died on him while he was playing MW2 last night. That blinking yellow light it seems. Bummer. We have another PS3, we just need to get the game out. Don't know if he's gonna want to fix it himself or send it in or what. Sucks.

Biff

Destroying online in MW2, pop goes the PS3. YLOD, hurray!

Off to buy Arctic Silver 5 and a heat gun tomorrow. Going with gilksy's guide - will post results after I make my attempt.. Wish me luck! ;)

Angst

Damn, I got a new PS3 as a warranty replacement for my old one that stopped reading discs.

And this PS3 is broken as well... :( It plays games fine, but the fan goes to 100% immediately and keeps at full power the whole time.

Do I really have to go through the cumbersome process again? I had to send my old PS3 to the retailer who forwarded it to Sony, who then sent me a new unit after some weeks. I'd prefer if I could just get a new one from the retailer.

Biff

So I followed gilksy's guide. Everything went well, sure enough 3 hrs later I had reassembled my PS3. Turned it on, and it went green! Awesome! Got my MW2 disc out and started copying save files in case it happens again.

Well, after my 5th save file, the PS3 shuts off. Uh oh. Restarted - went green, no YLOD. 10 seconds later, shuts off again. On a side note, the fan sounded REALLY quiet when I was copying save files (but it is working).

Where did I screw up? Did I not apply enough thermal compound? Not enough heat during the reflow?

Any input or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

hertog

While playing PES 2010 on my THIRD ps3 60gig last night, it suddenly shut down and I got the YLOD.

After a defect blueray-laserlens I got a broken PS3 back after a month, a month later I got this one. That was 1,5 year ago, now my PS3 is broken again. I'm really getting fed up with this generation of consoles. After 2 360's I switched to the PS3 but I still have the same problems. And I do everything to keep them dust free, but still they won;t last longer than 18 months......

Prob. gonna try to fix it manually, if that fails I'll buy a slim, hopefully those are more stable.

My dreamcast, megadrive, N64 and gamecube all still work by the way.

Biff

Spoke too soon. Fucking thing YLOD'd again after 2 hours. Buying a slim - I'm done :lol

Hope the following helps out another person who was as frustrated as me after two failures.. Here's what I did differently my third try:

1. Reflowed with heatgun at 650F for approximately 30 seconds each of the 4 areas on the non-cpu side. Let the board cool for 20+ minutes, then flip over to CPU side.

Here, I heated the entire board up just a bit. Nice and smooth movements with the heat gun around the entire board for maybe 30 seconds. Then I went in for the GPU and CPU ONLY. Did not bother with the 4 little panels below the BGAs.

Intense 650F heat, ~1inch away for 45 seconds each BGA. After 1 cycle on the GPU and CPU, I repeated for 15 seconds each @ 650F. Then I turned the heat down to 450F and began to slowly move the gun away as I continued heat gun movement for another 15 seconds. Therefore, rather than going from hot to cold right away, I let the board cool down gradually by keeping some heat on it. Then, let the board cool for 20+ minutes again, and that did the trick!!!

2. Thermal paste was a big issue of mine. I used Arctic MX-3. The best way to describe my method is a 'liberal line of paste'. I tried a thin line in attempt #1, and I could actually read 'RSX' on my GPU... Too thin!

Attempt #2 - Thin line again, followed by extra bits as I deemed necessary. Ended up a mess, and when I pulled apart the PS3 a third time, my work was obviously poor.

Attempt #3 - I decided to study Gilksy's video again. Watching closely to try to gauge how much he used, I decided to move from a thin line to a thick line. I ended up using 1/4 of my 4g tube on BOTH the GPU and CPU. Therefore, I used approximately 0.5g of thermal compound on the GPU, and another 0.5g on the CPU.

Left a nice paste layer - kind of like thin birthday cake frosting, if you will. I couldn't read any of the writing on either of the BGAs.

Angst

And my replacement PS3 (4 days old) decided to YLOD... blast. And I tried calling Sony about the loud fan, but they said it's supposed to do that. Now in the evening it just died when entering PS Store of all things. With a disc inside. :(

gtmax

Kuraudo said:
Finding information in this thread is pretty difficult so bear with me.

I got home from work, went to boot my PS3. The red light turned to green like normal and it sounded like it was going to boot, but then the sound quickly cut off. The green light turned yellow for a moment then back to a red light which continued to flash until I pressed the power button on the PS3, at which point it turned solid red (proper standby).

Everytime I try to boot the console, I have the same issue.

Is this the dreaded YLOD? Is there anything I can do about it?

18 month old 40GB unit btw, running with a 200GB HDD.

Exactly what happened to me a few days ago. Was watching/streaming a program on it, then it just turned off. I tried to turn it on again and got what you described. I'm on a launch 60gig and i really did like it. I don't like the redesign of the slim. I like my heavy, big ps3 with the 4 usb ports.

Hearing all these guys saying they got it to work again or sent it to Sony but that it broke again...fuck. I'm looking into 80gigs through ebay but i'd only like a brandU system. But then what if it breakes too?

I really need the ps2 backwards stuff. I was in the middl eof a racnig season on Total Immersion Racing. Never thought i'd be an statistic.

360 sucks for streaming H.264 stuff.

netguy503

Varna said:
Holy shit!

It's working again!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_Ic1_TY-GU&annotation_id=annotation_440468&feature=iv

Did pretty much the same thing. For anyone who has done this before... what's the typical span for this fix?

My PS3 just died and I'm about to go on in on this fix too. What is the usual span of life after this fix? The guy at the start of this video says he did the same thing to it 4-5 months ago. I say thats pretty decent I guess. Also depends on alot of things (where did you put it, how long each day you played it, yada yada yada) to determine how long it will last for each user.

My question is this- if I buy a fan for it RIGHT (and i mean RIGHT AFTER- as soon as I see green on this machine again you better believe I'm attaching a fan to it) after the fix, will I ever have to deal with this problem again? It seems like no one is buying the fan for their systems but do they work? The machine should never die again if I keep it constantly cool right.

I think I'm going for this one:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000SNLPXU/?tag=neogaf0e-20

What do you think?

Oh, and sorry online friends, I probably wont be on for QUITE awhile. :(

Fugu

I posted awhile back that I own the PS3 from hell.
I've come to remind everyone of this fact.

You see, I thought it was fixed. I paid $150 to have the ylod fixed. It was working great for two weeks. The power supply broke, so I said "fine, I'll just order another one".

So I did.

I open up the machine, and what do I find? One of the connectors on the board -- incidentally, the connection from the power supply to the motherboard -- was physically coming off the motherboard.

I've conceded defeat.
I'm buying a new one.
This is nuts.
I won't do it anymore GAF, I won't.
It has won.

biocat

My launch JP 60GB unit died tonight. What are the chances of getting another 60GB if I give it to Sony to be repaired?

I live in Tokyo so I imagine it wouldn't be too difficult to find another means of repair.

I'd really rather not lose my BC. Would it be better to just grab a new slim, though? I don't want to deal with this again in another 8 months.

Fortunately enough, I actually changed the HDD only about a month ago, so I have a backup that is not too old.

lucius

My 60 GB launch model broke in June and I had Sony fix it for the $160, that broke after 5 months where I must have put less than 50 hours on it(it was a refurb).

I really don't trust Sony fixing the units just like Microsoft had problems with refurbs. so I now went out and bought a Slim, if this breaks after a year I am done with sony. Sony consoles may have lasted longer than xbox360 but they are starting to die at almost the same rate, just its ayear later or 2. Sony should offer the same warannty deal Microsoft is offering.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
lucius said:
My 60 GB launch model broke in June and I had Sony fix it for the $160, that broke after 5 months where I must have put less than 50 hours on it(it was a refurb).

I really don't trust Sony fixing the units just like Microsoft had problems with refurbs. so I now went out and bought a Slim, if this breaks after a year I am done with sony. Sony consoles may have lasted longer than xbox360 but they are starting to die at almost the same rate, just its ayear later or 2. Sony should offer the same warannty deal Microsoft is offering.

Totally agree....My story is pretty messed up, but i love the PS3 and its games so i keep coming back.

My launch 60GB YLOD back in late July. Rather than go through refurb hell, i just sucked it up and bought one of the newer 80GB machines. It lasted for a month, then right after 3.00 came out it started acting really messed up (games froze that never did before, system locked and i had to hardpower it down). Then when i was fighting the Joker in Batman AA, my 1 month old PS3 YLOD on me...i couldnt believe it!! I had bought it at Walmart, and they really treated me like gold. When this system YLOD on me, the Slim had just come out, and even though i was a week over my 30 days (where i couldve got an exchange), they still let me bring back my YLOD 80GB and gave me a new Slim. They even gave me $100 back (price difference between the Slim and the 80GB). My Slim was exchanged through Sony due to a HORRIBLE fan whiny noise that made watching movies and quiet scenes in games unbearable.

I've been good to go so far with my current Slim, but im with you...if i have this one die on me within a couple years, im seriously going to walk away from Sony i think. As much as it would pain me to do so, unless people stop buying their stuff, they wont take the complaints seriously. I would NEVER think that i would see the day that i see so many YLOD complaints from Playstation owners that i do. I really think someone should do a real class action lawsuit against them so they at least take an internal review of their processes, and then tell us what they discover (or dont). I hate to think that 2 years from now were going to see a crapload of YLOD Slims, but if it really is the garbage solder that they use, then i see no other end point if they continue to make the systems the way they do.

netguy503

Ok....this a IMPORTANT QUESTION so I'd like a response PLEASE...

as you have read my post above, I'm in the midst of recharging my console (same PS3 I've always had) if I take it apart but put the same HDD I've had for awhile (500GB's) into the same console I've always had since forever will I be OK with game saves and all that fun stuff? It will be the same HDD so after it is in the system it should be ok in theory right?

I DO NOT care if I have to redownload my PSN games again ( I will probably or my actual games I JUST care that my save files for them will be there (which it should be in theory as it is the exact same HDD where everything was stored in the first place right?)

It's not like I'm swapping HDD's (in which case I did make a backup) this will be the same exact HDD on the same exact system? Will I still have my same information. I don't see how I wouldn't. Thanks for the help.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
netguy503 said:
Ok....this a IMPORTANT QUESTION so I'd like a response PLEASE...

as you have read my post above, I'm in the midst of recharging my console (same PS3 I've always had) if I take it apart but put the same HDD I've had for awhile (500GB's) into the same console I've always had since forever will I be OK with game saves and all that fun stuff? It will be the same HDD so after it is in the system it should be ok in theory right?

I DO NOT care if I have to redownload my PSN games again ( I will probably or my actual games I JUST care that my save files for them will be there (which it should be in theory as it is the exact same HDD where everything was stored in the first place right?)

It's not like I'm swapping HDD's (in which case I did make a backup) this will be the same exact HDD on the same exact system? Will I still have my same information. I don't see how I wouldn't. Thanks for the help.

Let someone else whos done this confirm, but you should be fine. The only time you'd run into an issue is if you took that harddrive and tried to put it into a different PS3. The PS3 would see its not the same harddrive that was there before, and force you to format it in order to proceed further.

Ourobolus

Banned
So my 40GB PS3 just quit reading discs altogether last week. I don't even think that it's spinning, actually. The discs eject and enter just fine, but I just get that little loading icon on the top right of the screen. I did a system restore just to make sure it wasn't anything firmware-related, but that didn't fix anything. Any ideas? Is it just a bad motor, and how would I go about fixing it (I'm past my warranty)?

netguy503

ScrabbleBanshee said:
Am I a lucky minority in that my 80gb BC model still works fine and is even still quiet after all this time?

Don't worry...you might get your chance soon. There are still many years in the PS3 life cycle. :(

In fact...that is how they can market the new system..."NO MORE YLOD'S!!"

belvedere

Junior Butler
My warranty center's 3rd attempt failed and it looks like they're paying for me to send my 60GB launch to Sony.

Is Sony still sending refurbs or will I be getting a slim?

netguy503

belvedere said:
My warranty center's 3rd attempt failed and it looks like they're paying for me to send my 60GB launch to Sony.

Is Sony still sending refurbs or will I be getting a slim?

Your warranty center's 3rd attempt!? You've only had the ps3 for a year (to get to the warranty and it's died 3 times? WOW SONY!!!

And you'll most likely get a Slim. And they use les power so they dont get so overheated and die on you all the time.

belvedere

Junior Butler
netguy503 said:
Your warranty center's 3rd attempt!? You've only had the ps3 for a year (to get to the warranty and it's died 3 times? WOW SONY!!!

And you'll most likely get a Slim. And they use les power so they dont get so overheated and die on you all the time.

Actually this isn't Sony's fault (the last 2 times anyway), it's Asurion the warranty repair center for Walmart and other stores. They have tried to fix my PS3 3 times now only for it to break again after a week of getting it back. It's their policy to just pay Sony to take care of it after the third failure.

I couldn't find one at launch and was desperate enough to get one at good ole Walmart. So yeah, Asurion sucks and it's been a waste of time, but at least nothing so far has came out of my pocket.

DeadGzuz

Banned
I turned on my PS3 and it told me data was corrupt and it rebuilt the system. All setting were reset. My users were intact and it seems my saves and files are there. I did see corrupt file under my themes.

The system is about 13 months old. Anything I should worry about? I will back up my game saves ASAP though.

Edit: I also had to deactivate and reactivate the system to play anything. Strange.

Stackboy

The HDMI died in a brown-out recently. Just over a month old. Sending it off to Sony this weekend.

I am also a 360 owner, so I am use to this.....

Today, I am thankful for... my PS3's dead Bluray drive???
NOOOOOO

lol fortunately, I've heard of these problems and I know it's as "easy" as swapping in a new BluRay drive component of some kind. Unfortunately, I don't know where to begin to look. I've googled up some stuff and apparently there's a single laser and a dual laser variant of the drives, so I don't even know which one to grab. I've got a 60gb launch unit... would that be double laser? What's the most reliable place to order one from?
Help me, NeoGAF! You're my only hope.

Oh, and Happy Turkey Day to all. :) Be thankful you're not in my shoes today. :lol

netguy503

Can someone tell me best how to do the "hair dryer trick"? Like exactly how long you keep it on each vent? What temperature/wattage you had the hairdryer on, etc? I've tried this two or three times to no effect. I wish there was a youtube video or an official guide for things like this. Thank you. It would be VERY helpful. ALSO: did you have your ps3 slanted or flat why you did this? Thanks.

netguy503 said:
Can someone tell me best how to do the "hair dryer trick"? Like exactly how long you keep it on each vent? What temperature/wattage you had the hairdryer on, etc? I've tried this two or three times to no effect. I wish there was a youtube video or an official guide for things like this. Thank you. It would be VERY helpful. ALSO: did you have your ps3 slanted or flat why you did this? Thanks.

Here, I fixed my ps3's ylod with this guide, was able to backup my saves and deactivate my system before it died maybe two weeks later.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U70SgRDVcBo

netguy503

Also, can I call Sony, tell them I have a ylod, give them my serial number, and tell them to deactivate my account as I will be not using it anymore. And will that also free up shares to people I was already tied to? Sony has GOT to give us a way to deactivate accounts tied to ours that are not in service anymore. This is RIDICULOUS. That's probably the only reason I want my machine to work again. Not the saves, but the account tie up. If my machine worked again for even 10 minutes I'd be in heaven.

expy

Banned
netguy503 said:
Also, can I call Sony, tell them I have a ylod, give them my serial number, and tell them to deactivate my account as I will be not using it anymore. And will that also free up shares to people I was already tied to? Sony has GOT to give us a way to deactivate accounts tied to ours that are not in service anymore. This is RIDICULOUS. That's probably the only reason I want my machine to work again. Not the saves, but the account tie up. If my machine worked again for even 10 minutes I'd be in heaven.
If you open up your console to reflow the system you can't ask Sony for anything since you've voided your warranty on the machine.
If you haven't tampered with it, you can ask them to deactivate it yes.

netguy503

expy said:
If you open up your console to reflow the system you can't ask Sony for anything since you've voided your warranty on the machine.
If you haven't tampered with it, you can ask them to deactivate it yes.

How do they know if you opened it or not? Are they open Saturdays? Whats the offical number? Thanks. And will this deactivate my profile from every account im on and free up their save slots? Im not in warranty anymore, btw, but I haven't broken the seal yet? Will they charge me $150 just because I asked them to deactivate?

netguy503 said:
Also, can I call Sony, tell them I have a ylod, give them my serial number, and tell them to deactivate my account as I will be not using it anymore.
Yes. Make sure you have a purchase receipt as well.

netguy503 said:
And will that also free up shares to people I was already tied to? Sony has GOT to give us a way to deactivate accounts tied to ours that are not in service anymore. This is RIDICULOUS. That's probably the only reason I want my machine to work again. Not the saves, but the account tie up. If my machine worked again for even 10 minutes I'd be in heaven.
Not sure. Probably not since they are not your accounts.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
ScrabbleBanshee said:
Am I a lucky minority in that my 80gb BC model still works fine and is even still quiet after all this time?

Nah, my 80gb is still fine (although I probably don't game as much as some of you guys on it) and I doubt it's gonna die out any time during the PS3s lifespan, the 80 gig generally seems devoid of the YLOD problem. Most of the YLODs I've been hearing about seem to occur on the 60 GB version, although it seems like a lot of 40 GBs have a bad blu ray drive or something because even my friend's PS3's blu ray drive went kaput.

netguy503

GSG Flash said:
Nah, my 80gb is still fine (although I probably don't game as much as some of you guys on it) and I doubt it's gonna die out any time during the PS3s lifespan, the 80 gig generally seems devoid of the YLOD problem. Most of the YLODs I've been hearing about seem to occur on the 60 GB version, although it seems like a lot of 40 GBs have a bad blu ray drive or something because even my friend's PS3's blu ray drive went kaput.

I have a 40 and NEVER had an issue with the blu-ray drive for 2 years (could have been longer if I didn't YLOD).

Whats a good Slim size you think?

hertog

hertog said:
While playing PES 2010 on my THIRD ps3 60gig last night, it suddenly shut down and I got the YLOD.

After a defect blueray-laserlens I got a broken PS3 back after a month, a month later I got this one. That was 1,5 year ago, now my PS3 is broken again. I'm really getting fed up with this generation of consoles. After 2 360's I switched to the PS3 but I still have the same problems. And I do everything to keep them dust free, but still they won;t last longer than 18 months......

Prob. gonna try to fix it manually, if that fails I'll buy a slim, hopefully those are more stable.

My dreamcast, megadrive, N64 and gamecube all still work by the way.

bought a heat gun and akasa 450 paste. I followed a guide, and my PS# lives again! :D
It was pretty easy actually, it took me about an hour all together. Now hopefully it'll stay alive for a long long time.

My PS3 seems to have several problems with it. I don't want to pay $150 for the repairs if the console they send me is going to stop working after not too long.
Anyway, my problems are these:
Random freezes during normal PS3 gameplay(both from blu ray games and downloaded ones)
Freezes during autosaves
Freezes randomly when installing downloaded games/demos
Errors when installing games
Freezes randomly when watching movies (both dvd and blu ray)
Freezes randomly when using XMB
Freezes randomly when quitting from XMB(blu ray games/movies PS2 games/DVDs and downloaded games)

And for some reason, it plays PS2 games flawlessly.
I think it's a launch 20gb model. It's a 20gb, but I'm not sure if it's from launch.

Any way to fix these problems myself?

Oh, I have tried reformatting through some youtube guides. Also, I tried replacing the 20gb hd with a 250gb. Didn't help.

Basch

So, yeah, I'm going to cry. My PS3 died... randomly. After being on for 10 minutes and watching a trailer it just went kaput. I had an 80Gig with PS2 BC. I tried the hard drive trick, but it didn't work. I don't have YLOD. It starts green, then flashes yellow, and finally blinks red until I shut it off. I got a new PS3Slim in hopes of transferring the data to the new 120Gig hard drive with the PSP, but now my new PS3 is freaking out and says it needs to format the hard drive before installing the 3.10 firmware.

what the fuck

I'm so pissed. Tired. My brain hurts trying to get this thing to work. I have 16 hours of progress in Dragon Age Origins, 8 in inFAMOUS and Bioshock, and 5 or so in Batman: Arkham Asylum. I really don't want to lose that data. Nor the fifteen PSOne classics I have on there. Plus the $300 worth of Rock Band 2 DLC songs. What am I supposed to do? I'm going to cry. Somebody hug me. :'(

entremet

Basch said:
So, yeah, I'm going to cry. My PS3 died... randomly. After being on for 10 minutes and watching a trailer it just went kaput. I had an 80Gig with PS2 BC. I tried the hard drive trick, but it didn't work. I don't have YLOD. It starts green, then flashes yellow, and finally blinks red until I shut it off. I got a new PS3Slim in hopes of transferring the data to the new 120Gig hard drive with the PSP, but now my new PS3 is freaking out and says it needs to format the hard drive before installing the 3.10 firmware.

what the fuck

I'm so pissed. Tired. My brain hurts trying to get this thing to work. I have 16 hours of progress in Dragon Age Origins, 8 in inFAMOUS and Bioshock, and 5 or so in Batman: Arkham Asylum. I really don't want to lose that data. Nor the fifteen PSOne classics I have on there. Plus the $300 worth of Rock Band 2 DLC songs. What am I supposed to do? I'm going to cry. Somebody hug me. :'(
Sorry about your saves. Nothing is more frustrating in gaming than losing saved data.

Happened to my 60 gig as well and then it went YLOD a few days after that. I payed for repairs and got a 60 gig refurb back.

Regarding PSN content, you should be able to redownload the stuff if you get it repaired or get a new PS3. You just need to login to PSN, and redownload everything from the store.

This gen sucks.

Basch said:

what the fuck

From reading about this in this topic, this is the YLOD.

Erebus

Basch said:
...but now my new PS3 is freaking out and says it needs to format the hard drive before installing the 3.10 firmware.
Is this after or before you restored the backup data from your old system?

Owning in the middle of a Warhawk dogfight as I usually do, all of a sudden the game freezes up, ps3 shuts off. I try to turn it back on, light goes green, followed by a yellow light then blinking red until I shut it off.....

.... Yeah I kept pressing the button for about 30 mins in denial that Thy YLOD hath struck me.

Here I was afraid to buy a 360 because of the ridiculous RLOD rate. I'm going to shell out the 150 for repair or replacement, but if It happens again I'll never buy/repair another one.

Basch

DarkUSS said:
Is this after or before you restored the backup data from your old system?

>_> I didn't make a backup. :(

And I thought YLOD is when it stays yellow. My bad. :D

^ ^ what's the link address?

hertog

Basch said:
>_> I didn't make a backup. :(

And I thought YLOD is when it stays yellow. My bad. :D

^ ^ what's the link address?

But here's something better. A youtube video by the same person who made the guide.
In the beginning he shows what the YLOD is, so you can compare it to your situation.
Why pay them $150 when you can fix it yourself.

ilbambino

My PS3 turns off inmeadiately after i try to turn it on. I get no blinking red lights nor a yellow light. When i press the button, it gets green for a second, and inmediately turns off (No red light from standby mode). Any suggestions?

netguy503

hertog said:
bought a heat gun and akasa 450 paste. I followed a guide, and my PS# lives again! :D
It was pretty easy actually, it took me about an hour all together. Now hopefully it'll stay alive for a long long time.

Nope. It only stays alive for 4 months TOPS after the fix. I'd do a backup immediately. Get a fan now and MAYBE it will stay alive longer.

Top Bottom