• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2017 |OT| We’ve Been Here Since October

Cake Boss

Banned
Fucking noodles on Overdrive today, already unbearable with his dip shit views.

" both sides" "PC crowd" "outraged sensitive Twitter"

Fuck off turd.

Quick

Banned
Kaepernick took a knee because of injustice in America, particularly law enforcement’s treatment of black people. His salary has nothing to do with all of that, but he sure does have the life experience being a visible minority.

What minorities ask for is to be an ally to us. You don’t have to kneel if you don’t want to do that, but words of support would be nice.

Crosby did the easy thing instead of the right thing and just yes man’d his response to going to the White House. Matthews, who is part-Mexican, gave a “both sides” kind of answer that’s incredibly disappointing.

Auston noooooooooo

tbh, I'm pretty certain that most of the North American players in the league are of the same opinion :-(
Hockey is a super undiverse predominantly both simultaneously rich and small town rather than urban sport where having a personality is actually frowned upon.

Boring empty platitudes that say fucking nothing aren’t called hockey interviews for no reason.

Always assume the worst from NHL players.

A lot of them were already exposed as Trump supporters earlier this year, why would their teammates, who grew up in the same conditions as them and hang out with the exact same people, be any different.

They are a bunch of rich uneducated dumbasses

Wrestlers and hockey players are that rule yeah.

Cake Boss

Banned
at least Mitchell showed up to camp so yes, give him the rub

Your saying a young player that has been in trade rumors for years now, that keeps getting bounced around between center to wing, no coach has confidence in him, and demoted to 4th line winger in the yoffs, isnt suddenly giving a shit in training camp, when his team has given the #1C spot to a new kid that has never played center in his pro career, over you where you happen to score 30 goals as a center just 2 years ago.

I am shocked.

imBask

Banned
Your saying a young player that has been in trade rumors for years now, that keeps getting bounced around between center to wing, no coach has confidence in him, and demoted to 4th line winger in the yoffs, isnt suddenly giving a shit in training camp, when his team has given the #1C spot to a new kid that has never played center in his pro career, over you where you happen to score 30 goals* as a center just 2 years ago.

I am shocked.

*8 in 4 games in a week, when we were already eliminated

And your saying that as if his whole career was a series of injustice

The disappointing thing is that saying no to the White House would've been a small but significant gesture of support.

It's a league based in North America and the team is made up multiple nationalities. Meeting the President of the United States is probably not a big deal to most of them.

imBask

Banned
Not saying his whole career but as an outsider looking in, his treatment the past 2 seasons or so has been baffling.

i'm willing to go 50/50, Therrien was unfair with him at time there's no denying that, but he also brought it onto himself at times

you know Cake, there are two sides

Ondor

Banned
Brock Boeser practicing on the Sedins line today and Burmistrov between Goldobin and Virtanen. With Horvat injured, Granlund has been centring Vanek and 🐻🧀 but then again, Granlund has been playing centre basically all pre-season despite Green saying he will start on the wing. I have no idea what Green wants to do with lines at this point.

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
Brock Boeser practicing on the Sedins line today and Burmistrov between Goldobin and Virtanen. With Horvat injured, Granlund has been centring Vanek and 🐻🧀 but then again, Granlund has been playing centre basically all pre-season despite Green saying he will start on the wing. I have no idea what Green wants to do with lines at this point.

I'll admit, Goldobin-Burmistrov-Virtanen isn't a line I considered, but I'm sort of curious to see how it goes.

Ondor

Banned
I'll admit, Goldobin-Burmistrov-Virtanen isn't a line I considered, but I'm sort of curious to see how it goes.
Yeah, Burmistrov from what I can tell is a good player screwed by Atlanta/Winnipeg and I think would be a good playmaker to put between those two.

Alucard

Banned
Coming from a Pens fan is little consolation right now.

Because you can't separate a fan from the team itself.

Let's be honest. Sports fandom is utterly arbitrary. "Oh, I was born in Montreal. Go Habs!...or be socially ostracized." It's dumb. Not as dumb as nationalism, but it's still up there.

Socreges

Banned

Let's be honest. Sports fandom is utterly arbitrary. "Oh, I was born in Montreal. Go Habs!...or be socially ostracized." It's dumb. Not as dumb as nationalism, but it's still up there.
Worst of all are those people who root against their country and cheer for, say, Russia because they have the most nukes.

zroid

Banned
Fucking noodles on Overdrive today, already unbearable with his dip shit views.

" both sides" "PC crowd" "outraged sensitive Twitter"

Fuck off turd.

Noodles tries to be "moderate" on literally every issue or argument. It's supremely annoying after a while. It's fine when you're talking about sports since who gives a shit about that, but when he does it for more important things, he comes off like an asshole.

Solo

Your saying a young player that has been in trade rumors for years now, that keeps getting bounced around between center to wing, no coach has confidence in him, and demoted to 4th line winger in the yoffs, isnt suddenly giving a shit in training camp, when his team has given the #1C spot to a new kid that has never played center in his pro career, over you where you happen to score 30 goals as a center just 2 years ago.

I am shocked.

Cake <3

Ondor

Banned

Depends on the team. Sometimes I root for the Leafs despite the fanbase and media surrounding them because they're young, exciting, and not very distasteful except for Kadri and Martin.

Bruins and their fans are one and the same so ymmv.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
This seems like a mostly NHL lineup for the Flyers tonight. Understandably the kids are struggling more than they have previously in the preseason.

Top Bottom