• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2017 |OT| More streaming services than shows to watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

kewlmyc

oh god why does OPM have a tournament arc???

Crunchyroll is uploading at 7 am Pacific tomorrow so I don't think it matters much.

Needed filler since ONE barely updates the webcomic anymore.

Why are you people so against a tournament arc?

Especially since the first season was essentially a parody of a training arc.

If you're talking about OPM, then it's because the tournament arc doesn't really do anything interesting. It goes exactly how you expect it and goes on way too long.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So, the new director was in charge of Majimoji Rurumo. I didn't see it mentioned much in the thread when it was showing so wondering if anyone else watched it. It wasn't that bad to be honest.

zulux21

Why are you people so against a tournament arc?

Especially since the first season was essentially a parody of a training arc.

idk. and it's not bad either. If you read it in one go like you will get with an anime it's still a pretty fun arc. it's not great on the slow pace it comes out on though.

Its not a parody. Its a straight up tourney. Played straight. Its as bad as it sounds - a tournament with one character who wins every fight in one punch.

Sounds exactly what I would expect and want.

That's kinda OPM's thing...set up something as serious and break it down with funny results. But I haven't read it so what would I know?

I've always liked One Punch Man. I didn't realize people weren't as jazzed about it as I was.

VLL1GRH.gif

zulux21

I've always liked One Punch Man. I didn't realize people weren't as jazzed about it as I was.

VLL1GRH.gif

animegaf got in bed with mob psycho and decided that OPM was the inferior show in a hidden consul meeting. Thus you are only allowed to praise mob psycho in here and can't praise one punch man even though it's the superior series :p

that and the arc in question is a lot longer and drawn out which is not a great read for how long the chapters take to come out. In anime form it will be fine though (assuming it uses the same adaption rate the first series did) as the arc is still pretty fun when you read it in one chunk instead of week by week.

The Reflection 10

Calling it now, X-On is actually Eleanor's brother, not Wraith.

Also, boy does this show have almost no mass marketing appeal. (Just look at it's score on Mal. How often do you actually see fours there?) The most effective pitch for it I can think of it has Stan Lee in it, being evil, with a cape. I guess you could make easy references to that cape episode of Seinfeld.

No I like OPM too (was my number 2 or 3 AOTY, I think) but the tournament arc is so bad it actually made me drop it.

But, wasn't the tournament arc written by someone else and not ONE.

animegaf got in bed with mob psycho and decided that OPM was the inferior show in a hidden consul meeting. Thus you are only allowed to praise mob psycho in here and can't praise one punch man even though it's the superior series :p

that and the arc in question is a lot longer and drawn out which is not a great read for how long the chapters take to come out. In anime form it will be fine though (assuming it uses the same adaption rate the first series did) as the arc is still pretty fun when you read it in one chunk instead of week by week.

At least OPM was good from the get-go. Mob took like four episodes to get even a little decent and took a few episodes for the OP to brainwash you into thinking it was good.

One... Two... Three... Four...

As the copyright holder of that gif, I'm suing you for vandalism.

Pft. You don't have the guts!

zulux21

At least OPM was good from the get-go. Mob took like four episodes to get even a little decent and took a few episodes for the OP to brainwash you into thinking it was good.

One... Two... Three... Four...

indeed. mob takes way to long to get going and the start is very poor. the second half is a fun watch but I can't recommend the show to anyone because of the first half.

as I said I imagine a second season will be fun. but the first season was a mixed bag while OPM was fun from start to finish.

zulux21

WHY CAN'T WE LIKE BOTH OPM AND MOB PSYCHO IT'S NOT THAT HARD GUYS

reigen is a better master than saitama

I mean... we can. I am up for a season 2 of mob no problem.

just season 1 wise OMP is like a ps4 while mob is like an atari.

one is clearly way better than the other :p

sonicmj1

I like One Punch Man a lot. I think I put it second on my 2015 ballot.

But Mob Psycho is head and shoulders above it in basically every respect, even if its pilot episode isn't as immediately attention-grabbing.

Thud

Mob is way closer to the source material. The animation and the various artstyles is one of a kind.

There are dozens of anime like OPM.

zulux21

Mob is way closer to the source material. The animation and the various artstyles is one of a kind.

There are dozens of anime like OPM.

I would love a list so I can watch them.

as I can't really think of any series that are over the top power level comedies that are well done that aren't OPM :p

and I can agree that the artstyles are one of a kind. and I am very thankful for that given how hideous it was. At least after a few eps they smoothed things out a bit so it didn't look so hideous.

I think bones every day for animating mob psycho so well otherwise it would have been completely unwatchable.

zulux21

Mob was badly animated and need better designs. OPM is superior in everyone to it, except for Mob had ALL OFF and I love ALL OFF.

huh?

the Mob animation was very very well done o_O

the One designs are terrible, looked hideous at the start, and I have problems telling characters apart. but Mob was animated with more love than most series get o_O

Laiza

Once again, people conflating "artwork" and "art style" with animation.

Please learn to differentiate the two so we can have a productive conversation.

Unit24

I'm sorry, but I literally can't understand the concept of OPM being better than Mob. Any time somebody gives a reason for why Mob isn't as good (usually "it's not funny", "the art style is bad", etc.), my brain just registers it as incorrect. Plus, I genuinely feel like the joke of OPM has run its course and gotten stale, while Mob's concept has more lastability.

zulux21

I'm sorry, but I literally can't understand the concept of OPM being better than Mob. Any time somebody gives a reason for why Mob isn't as good (usually "it's not funny", "the art style is bad", etc.), my brain just registers it as incorrect. Plus, I genuinely feel like the joke of OPM has run its course and gotten stale, while Mob's concept has more lastability.

I found OPM more fun. It's really that simple.

It took me a while to warm up to the cast of Mob, and I don't really find the events of the first few episodes all that interesting.

after that mob is pretty solid. but a series that is fun from start to finish will always rank higher than a series that is a chore at start but fun to finish for me.

kewlmyc

VLL1GRH.gif

Just because we don't like one arc of the show doesn't mean we don't like the whole show. What kind of logic is that?

OPM is a great show, it's just that one of the upcoming arcs in the second season isn't all that great.

zulux21

Just because we don't like one arc of the show doesn't mean we don't like the whole show. What kind of logic is that?

OPM is a great show, it's just that one of the upcoming arcs in the second season isn't all that great.

idk that seems to hold pretty true for SAO :3

people loved the first arc, and then hated the second arc, and thus the show as a whole became garbage lol.

LotusHD

Banned

Basically. OPM tries its best though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom