• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2017 Regular Season OT - 108 years in the making

Status
Not open for further replies.
Google News had a Jays blog post listed where the author was railing on against people who booed the Jays yesterday. Never understood that - booing is basically the same emotive act as cheering; should people just sit in their seats in total silence?

Beckx

You root for specific high school kids?

yeah, it's part of the fun at Koshien. there are high school baseball specific magazines that come out and focus on the stars and preview all the schools. pitchers in general tend to get a lot of focus, especially if they go on a nearly unhittable run like Hiranuma did. then the draft happens in November.

Choomp

Banned
Ken Rosenthal

Sources: deGrom has stiff neck, being pushed back to tomorrow. Harvey will start for #Mets on normal rest tonight.

Oh jeez

clav

Didn't know that baseballs at some fields are stored in coolers.

Fangraphs article yesterday described how that would affect homerun production in Chase Field.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
DeGrom is now undergoing surgery to replace his neck with a spring. He'll be back on the mound on his regular rest.

i know no one will care but this kid I rooted for in Koshien 2015 (he led his team to the championship too) got called up by the Fighters and got a cheer shirt already

Japanese baseball is so cool in that regard

C989F9ZXYAALSrp.jpg
19 years old. Good for him.

Andrew Baggarly‏Verified account
@extrabaggs

Follow
More
BREAKING: Bumgarner on DL. Sprained his left shoulder in a dirt bike accident.

Grade 1 or 2 sprain in the AC joint in his pitching shoulder

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
What is in the Mets' Gatorade? Every year it's the same shit.

Andrew Baggarly‏Verified account
@extrabaggs

Follow
More
BREAKING: Bumgarner on DL. Sprained his left shoulder in a dirt bike accident.

Grade 1 or 2 sprain in the AC joint in his pitching shoulder

Dumbass

Rangers released Josh Hamilton again. Apparently he injured his other knee now and needs more surgery. Looks like it may be over for him.

Beckx

Dumbgartner

meanwhile:

@ESPNStatsInfo
The Pirates are 6-0 on games played on Friday, Saturday or Sunday. They're 0-9 on games any other day.

Hrm. Not sure how to feel about this. Hope Glasnow really has that new change working today. He's going to need it.

Wish I could have made a road trip up to PNC today.

Beckx

Who had Jordy Mercer lead off home run?

I love that the twitter commentary is that Glasnow survived the first. Hrm.

Bumgarner on the DL now :O

He was probably dirt biking trying to get out all the rage he has at his teammates for never winning when he starts this year lmao

Parch

Google News had a Jays blog post listed where the author was railing on against people who booed the Jays yesterday. Never understood that - booing is basically the same emotive act as cheering; should people just sit in their seats in total silence?
Those seats will be silent when nobody is sitting in them.
They led the league in attendance but don't want to spend to improve the team. I expect to see a major drop off in attendance that will be a louder message than any booing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom