• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twin Peaks Season 3 OT |25 Years Later...It Is Happening Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
tonights the night isnt it?

8oq3G2W.png

Airola

My prediction on how Cooper comes back, if he ever does:

Remember the scene in the original series where Cooper first met Gordon?
Gordon was waiting, Cooper stepped in the sheriff's station.
Before he even sees Gordon, it's as if he senses his presence there and he points towards him.

I think season 3 will have a scene that reminds of that scene. I think Cooper in the Dougie state will notice Gordon's presence before he can see him, and he might even point his finger at him. He won't be "awake" immediately, but this will be the catalyst for it eventually happening.

liquidtmd

Banned
Kyle Maclachlan is doing a Twitter Q&A before the show tonight.

🤔

Q: is tonight 70minutes long?

No

Q: is Coop back tonight?

Maybe

Q: did you enjoy acting conveying the joy a simple man has when receiving oral from Naomi Watts?

Yes

That's a wrap, thanks everyone! Starring Kyle Maclachan

Levito

Banned
Y'all really should temper your expectations. Remember when episode 12 was hyped to hell and back, then it came out and was a letdown and this thread was in panic/disappointment mode for like a week?

Don't do it again.

Linkin112

I guess the only positive thing about reading the German episode descriptions for 15, 16, 17, and 18 is that I've tempered my expectations for the next 4 episodes since I know the rough outline of what happens in each now.

Airola

I guess the only positive thing about reading the German episode descriptions for 15, 16, 17, and 18 is that I've tempered my expectations for the next 4 episodes since I know the rough outline of what happens in each now.

So these episodes will be something that would not meet your expectations otherwise?
Not sure what to think about that :O

Diane and Jane E must not have Facebook or something because the likelihood of Diane not seeing at least a picture of her sister and her husband (who looks exactly like Cooper) are slim to none

Big One

Banned
i feel like this is a spoiler all in itself
You but it's kind of hard to keep quiet when people are constantly whining about Cooper needing to come back. It's like they WANT to know, but if you tell them they get pissed off cause it's a spoiler. Here's a spoiler that doesn't specify which episode:
He comes back before Episode 18.
That should be vague enough to get people excited.

The leaks don't really say much, though. IT doesn't really give context to what it's describing as well as leaving a lot of the mysteries unanswered. They're more like, "This is what happens in this episode" without all the meat that goes with it, and they don't really flow into each other that well either cause we don't know how the plotpoints in each summary goes from point A to point B.

traveler

Not Wario
Yeah, leak talk is kind of dangerous, just due to the things that could be inferred. Nothing explicit posted and that's good, but should probably refrain from even discussing them.

Diane and Jane E must not have Facebook or something because the likelihood of Diane not seeing at least a picture of her sister and her husband (who looks exactly like Cooper) are slim to none

This is assuming Diane is operating in good faith. She's obviously keeping some things from Gordon and co.; she may very well know that the real Coop is there, or at least the fake Coop- Dougie- created by Doop.

My prediction on how Cooper comes back, if he ever does:

Remember the scene in the original series where Cooper first met Gordon?
Gordon was waiting, Cooper stepped in the sheriff's station.
Before he even sees Gordon, it's as if he senses his presence there and he points towards him.

I think season 3 will have a scene that reminds of that scene. I think Cooper in the Dougie state will notice Gordon's presence before he can see him, and he might even point his finger at him. He won't be "awake" immediately, but this will be the catalyst for it eventually happening.

I was actually wondering if that finger snap was what Gordon was referring to when he said Doop didn't greet him appropriately.

Jb

Regardless of whether Coop does comes back tonight, I feel like we've reached the point where the show's numerous threads are finally converging so some major stuff should go down pretty soon.

Menome

Diane said they were estranged. I don't have family members I don't want to be in contact with on Facebook.

Plum

I just realized that the Green Glove story references A Day in the Life from The Beatles.

"Woke up
Fell out of bed
Dragged a comb across my head
Found the way downstairs
And drank a cup"

Yeah, I was a bit taken aback as I had listened to that song just a few days earlier. Seemed like a really weird reference to just throw in there. Maybe it's because the guy's British, Lynch seems like he'd portray us as quoting Beatles songs eight days a week.

I just realized that the Green Glove story references A Day in the Life from The Beatles.

i recognized this right away. i might be one of the few though only because that's my favorite Beatles song on my favorite album of all time.
James recognized the reference immediately and laughed because of it.

Diane said they were estranged. I don't have family members I don't want to be in contact with on Facebook.
but they must have family members that talk about them sometimes. i'm just saying that it's highly unlikely

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Man, I knew those lines had some meaning for me, I just glossed them over at first. Re-watching the episode made me realize it was a Beatles song.

jetjevons

Bish loves my games!
Yeah, I was a bit taken aback as I had listened to that song just a few days earlier. Seemed like a really weird reference to just throw in there. Maybe it's because the guy's British, Lynch seems like he'd portray us as quoting Beatles songs eight days a week.

He also used the term "jobsworth" which is pretty darn British.

rewatching a couple of episodes and i just remembered that Audrey had a dream that Billy was bleeding from the nose and mouth.
according to Megan, that is in fact the case.

this debunks the theory that Audrey is still in a coma, am i correct?

Corpsepyre

Banned
rewatching a couple of episodes and i just remembered that Audrey had a dream that Billy was bleeding from the nose and mouth.
according to Megan, that is in fact the case.

this debunks the theory that Audrey is still in a coma, am i correct?

Who knows what that lunatic, Lynch, has cooked up for the endgame to all of this.

bunbun777

I thought the whole point of the Beatles song reference was for the unspoken end part of that verse..."and I went into a dream"...

Maybe not the whole point but I couldn't help think about it lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom